Bellazon

OMG FACTS

jj3

55 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I've never liked Pamela, even back then, but Yasmine.... Yasmine was great! (blue-eyed brunettes :Angel:)

Angelica Bridges and Erika Eleniak were great as well.

I kind of liked Pamela in the mid-1990s.  I think she was the only one that I looked for in that show.  That show always disappointed me in its content

The best cameo for that show was playmate Shae Marks- they don't have women like her anymore

latest?cb=20160725202805latest?cb=20160725204539latest?cb=20160725195123

frugalwoods.jpgMrsFW_baby_book_House.jpg

I was listening to her book on the road today and found this:

Apparently Elizabeth Thames, a "minimalist" guru/blogger selling the idea of leaving the corporate world and making a sustainable living as a farmer in the countryside- told lies of omission ( to me just as bad as a direct lie ) by failing to disclose to her fanbase that her husband makes + /-  $250,000 every year with real estate holdings worth 1.6 million..

Achieve a super carefree and fulfilling lifestyle by marrying well?

https://www.amazon.com/Meet-Frugalwoods-Achieving-Financial-Independence/product-reviews/0062668137/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

Extreme frugality allowed me to retire at 32 – and regain control of my life

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/mar/08/how-to-retire-early-frugal-spending

Yet again it is shown that those who succeed off the back of others want to pretend that they made it on their own merits. “I’m so frugal that I could retire at age 32! I gained financial independence from corporate America and now make a sustainable living being so organic and conscious on the countryside!” (Super status and the dream for many.) Reality: husband makes passive income from his north of million dollar real-estate portfolio.

3 hours ago, Sanni said:

Yet again it is shown that those who succeed off the back of others want to pretend that they made it on their own merits. “I’m so frugal that I could retire at age 32! I gained financial independence from corporate America and now make a sustainable living being so organic and conscious on the countryside!” (Super status and the dream for many.) Reality: husband makes passive income from his north of million dollar real-estate portfolio.

I was hoping to hear of some financial/life hacks/genius stuff and out of the box living like the individuals profiled in "Abundance of less/a different type of luxury" but then a quick google search found that there was an element of a scam and pathology going on.  The reviews in amazon are interesting as some of her fans voiced their disappointment due to discovering public income information.

http://www.frugalwoods.com/

I agree with a lot of the commenters. It’s just a well-off couple who wants to play pretend that they are just like other people. It’s a lot more fun to be a minimalist, frugal, toy with the idea of growing your own food and to do DIY stuff around the house when you don’t have to. Besides, the husband still works as an IT manager and software engineer, he just does it from home. People are guesstimating he makes at least 150k a year. People have also noticed the tractor that doesn’t look like it fits a “frugal” budget. They have downshifted compared to their rich peers, that’s it.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:06 AM, Sanni said:

I agree with a lot of the commenters. It’s just a well-off couple who wants to play pretend that they are just like other people. It’s a lot more fun to be a minimalist, frugal, toy with the idea of growing your own food and to do DIY stuff around the house when you don’t have to

I listened to about 1/3rds of the short audiobook and overall I enjoyed the beginning (about disillusionment) but the author has the selfish, annoying, arrogant tone noted by the reviewers.  Also, her experience is not book worthy at all so far.  Essentially working for a "non profit" for middle class wages was so miserable for her- she will not get many that are emphatic to her plight.   Also, her ugrad education was likely parent-subsidized- a probable fact that she leaves out.

Her descriptions are also heavily focused on SPENDING,. Spending is the easy part to figure out..

I will continue leaving it on out of curiosity as it should develop more.

This plan to move into the woods was not her plan, but her husband's- he should have written the book!

I’m interested in the movie! I see they are foreshadowing the medical problem he had that many believe caused him to become a full-on malignant narcissist due to change in blood flow to the brain. But they seem to be saying that he was ruthless from the start. So perhaps that needed to be a prerequisite for his personality to become so bad after the medical issue that he became sadistic etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 12:13 AM, Cult Icon said:

I kind of liked Pamela in the mid-1990s.  I think she was the only one that I looked for in that show.  That show always disappointed me in its content

The best cameo for that show was playmate Shae Marks- they don't have women like her anymore

Did you like Gena Lee Nolin?