Bellazon

Roosmarijn de Kok
Thumbnail

FashionDream

@Pith_Possum omg I love that campaign so much, thanks for posting!!

The Know

"Roosmarijn de Kok Glamour Time"

Photography by Kate Powers @ Art Department

Creative Direction by Laura Miller Zisa

Styling by Masha Orlov

Makeup by Rommy Najor @ See Management using Surratt Beauty

Hair by Riad Azar @ Art Department using Bumble and Bumble

Casting by Cast Partner

Model Roosmarijn de Kok @ Women Management

UHQ:

GLAMOUR-TIME_SHOT_01_0110_V1.thumb.jpg.d33d01c846bce7c3e70c0977c9f73aa1.jpg

HQ:

01_glam_kp_theknow.thumb.jpg.226d5193db1a3647cd240b46af9c087b.jpg05.thumb.png.fe399f96acff28bbe5d9f329bf510994.png04_glam_kp_theknow.thumb.jpg.3bf0ea4e95640abfeaf70bac26369733.jpg06_glam_kp_theknow.thumb.jpg.f559884bccc12ff060a73fc3d6d76919.jpg02_glam_kp_theknow.thumb.jpg.bd59dc9505864d27a978cf55a6c20e39.jpg03_glam_kp_theknow.thumb.jpg.64609f100a18efb7987aee8a4a3cc930.jpg

Other pic from IG (not in the actual article):

51393140_409416209811559_4499274387021038767_n.thumb.jpg.13cd13688bad02c90d5fb4a3d467d19a.jpg

She made her modelling debut in 2014, and rapidly reached the heights of the fashion industry. Roosmarijn has walked the runway in numerous collections from New York to Paris, for the likes of Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren, Area, Kith, and Cushnie. She has also shot advertising for brands such as Tom Ford and Balmain.

In 2017 she made her debut on the Victoria’s Secret runway, in their fashion show in Shanghai. Since then she has collaborated closely with the brand, shooting their advertising with Russell James and Jerome Duran.

Roos currently resides in NYC, where she is focusing on her new company Roos Unlimited and starting her own YouTube channel.

Name : Roosmarijn de Kok

Birthplace : Amerongen, The Netherlands

Sources of inspiration : Different books that speak to me. Right now I’m reading “Moonlight Gratitude” by Emily Silva.

Sources of motivation : Finding purpose in the world

What makes you happy : Acknowledging everything to be grateful for

Favorite reads : anything by Deepak Chopra

Favorite tunes : Frank Ocean

Favorite foods : Seafood, seafood and seafood

Beauty tips : Always try to wash your face directly after working out, and to drink celery juice first thing in the morning.
Favorite ways to unwind : Get a massage (I usually do this 3 times a week)

What gets you in a working flow : A matcha beverage always gets me focused, motivated and energized.

What are you working on now : Starting up my Youtube channel

RUSSH 

"The favourite workouts of model Roosmarijn de Kok" (interview)

Hailing from the Netherlands and now residing in New York City, Roosmarijn shares her favourite NYC workout spots and her homemade beauty secrets.

My morning beauty routine is …
I brush my teeth first then I cleanse my face with The Honey Mud from May Lindstrom. Then I use a face mist from Caudalié to hydrate.

My night beauty routine is …
Same as morning but I will leave the cleanser on for longer as its actually both a cleanser and a mask. I love to do a mask at the end of the day to really cleanse the skin, sometimes I even do 2 masks; one to cleanse and one to hydrate.

My favourite products for body are …
Coconut oil whipped up with shea butter, I make my own at home it’s so easy! Plus you can mix in any essential oil to add a nice smell.

My favourite form of exercise is …
I like to mix it up so I don’t get bored but some of my favourite places and trainers are Joe Holder, Russell SBC, Dogpound, Megan Roup and Y7 hot yoga.

When my body needs to recover I …
Love to just chill, meditate, go to the movies, eat some good food and get a massage.

My favourite detox is …
Charcoal! It soaks up all the bad stuff.

My favourite retox is …
Tony Chocolonely, it’s a Dutch chocolate company that fights to make chocolate slave free as a lot of cocoa farms use children and slaves to keep the prices low. Besides that they have amazing flavours like milk caramel sea salt or dark almond sea salt.

When it comes to beauty I always …
Wash my face in the morning, at night and even after working out to keep my skin as clean and clear as possible.

My beauty icon is …
Rosie HW – she is so beautiful and even has her own beauty line now! I would love to have a skincare line one day.

The best advice on beauty I’ve received is …
Less is more, I used to use very heavy products which actually made my skin worse. Especially when its humid outside I don’t even use a moisturiser to prevent breakouts.

The best health advice I’ve received is …
Find out what works for you. We’re all different, something that doesn’t work for someone else might just work for you!

The product I can’t live without is …
Lip balm – I love the Bite Agave lip mask, it’s perfect especially to put on before going to bed or on a long flight.

Link: https://www.russh.com/the-favourite-workouts-of-model-roosmarijn-de-kok/

Once again, Roos teamed up with photographer Nick Suarez for a beautiful photoshoot! These are some pics from IG, hopefully more HQ pics will be released in the future. 

Photographer - Nick Suarez

Styling - Virginia Ray

Beauty - Veronica Velez

Model - Roosmarijn de Kok

53098736_2307270916158367_784018173146704467_n.thumb.jpg.d0d6bbb1ace03b17d85bef5f73c92b6c.jpg52105097_567007777145722_6506615271232133816_n.thumb.jpg.cf99024b4cbd3801f67e067c9c60e31d.jpg53279564_1015986925263961_9076689595124134480_n.thumb.jpg.060f95ceae3ae0b655e466fbad1d408e.jpg

Sanne Vloet (Youtube)

"What's in my Bag | Model Must Haves & On The Go Beauty Hacks | Sanne Vloet"

Exciting fact from this video: Roos casually revealed she has a boyfriend again! No clue who it is though, but she was single for a while so good for her :) EDIT: apparently people knew this already lol nvm

Galore

Interview, posted: Mar 14, 2019  

By Ashley Uzer

"Roosmarijn de Kok explains how to cut through the BS & find a wellness routine that works for you"

Take a look at Roosmarijn de Kok’s Instagram, and you’ll immediately regret not sticking to your New Year’s Resolution.

A quick browse through Roos’ feed provides a slideshow of wellness: Roos cooking with some herbs that she grew herself in her NYC apartment, Roos perched atop two weightlifting benches performing an intense booty workout, Roos seductively perched in a bubble bath with the caption, “water restores my energy.”

Chances are, you also would like to restore your energy, you just don’t know where to start.

Should you start meditating in your bedroom and pretend you’re alongside Roos at five-star luxury resort Faena? Should you finally do something about your slow to grow hair and nails and scoop up Perfectil, the multivitamin Roos was seen posing with in early February?

Instead of continuing to stalk Roos’s ‘gram, we decided to talk to the Victoria’s Secret model herself.

Roosmarijn chatted with us about how she found her wellness routine and some of her favorite workouts for her body and mind. She even walked us through her beauty routine—including all the products.

Keep reading to get one step closer to making 2019 your healthiest year ever!

Your Instagram bio says, “make your mind the most beautiful thing about you,” what does that mean to you?

Being beautiful on the outside will fade at some point, but you have your thoughts, your heart, mind, and soul forever.

What are some practices and products you incorporate into your life/routine to support this mantra?

Meditating, reflecting, and learning about yourself. Reading inspiring books, studying Kabbalah, practicing being mindful—but most importantly, surrounding yourself with the right people.

Can walk us through your beauty and wellness routine? What are some things you do daily?

First thing I do is brush my teeth with my Quip toothbrush. After that, I wash my face with a mild cleanser (May Lindstrom Honey Mud Gentle Cleanser), followed by a toner (Lotion p50 v “1970” Toner). Depending on how dry my skin feels, I will use a couple of drops of my personally made face oil. Then, I will drink 16oz of fresh celery juice to rehydrate myself. It has a lot of electrolytes and on top of that is very detoxifying—great for your digestion and clear skin! I always make sure I take a lot of supplements as well because I think they are a great addition to get more nutrients in your body. I take Perfectil for my nails. They used to always break, but now they are finally growing out stronger than ever! I also take vitamin D3 in the winter months, as we don’t get enough sun usually. Also a mix of adaptogens that includes amla, rhodiola, ashwagandha, shatavari, and reishi.

Wellness is such a hot topic right now, and it can be hard to cut through the noise and figure out what parts of it can help you and your routine, can you talk to us about how you settled into the wellness routine you have now?

I would say just be patient whenever you try new things because nothing will change you overnight. Also don’t forget the fact that everyone is different, so one thing that works for one person may not work for another.

How long have you had this routine?

I love to grow and evolve, so I’m always looking for new things to add or change, but I think it’s important to have a core foundation. I would say for the last three years I have been on this journey, as I started discovering and learning about wellness, for it being my responsibility to take care of my body—especially [due to me] being a model.

Can you tell us what you were doing differently before? 

I wasn’t conscious about what I would put in my body or how I would take care of it, including my mind.

Did you ever go through phases where you tried something that other people seemed to like, but that really didn’t work for you? 

Heavy weight training! Even though I love how you feel when you’re done, it made me so hungry I wouldn’t be able to ever stop eating. On top of that, it would make me bulky, which I can’t be because of my job as a model.

A little birdie told us you rotate between around 7 different types of exercise, can you tell us about how you got into this?

Different exercises are great for different things. I haven’t found something yet that works great for a full body/mind workout unfortunately. I love my trainers Joe HolderKirk Myers, and Rhys Athayde because no one can ever push me like they do. After a while they become your family and it’s just so nice to have that connection. I love yoga for my mind, pilates/SLT for abs, P.volve is great to get a good booty workout. I like Megan Roup‘s classes because it’s just a really fun way to workout with dance cardio. Last but not least, there is this place called Inscape I love to go to for meditation and soundbaths.

Your body is your brand, so it makes sense you dedicate the time and effort necessary to keep yourself at peak performance. Can you give any tips for the average reader who may not have as much time and money to dedicate to fitness? 

Of course, there are simple little steps that can make such a difference! Drink a lot of water, make sure you make at least 10,000 steps a day, and definitely sleep enough! Sleep is so important. I currently sleep on a smart mattress from this company called Eight Sleep and it tracks your sleeping all night so you can see how [to] get the best rest your body needs.

You’re from Holland, how do the Dutch approach wellness differently from Americans? 

Its definitely not as big as it is in America, but dutch people are pretty healthy in general. We basically bike everywhere. I used to bike two hours a day to go to my high school, so that was my exercise. Our diet was also pretty balanced with veggies, potatoes, and meat or chicken or fish. I also think portion control has a lot to do with it. I would say an American portion size is double from a dutch portion size.

Have you incorporated some things from Holland into your wellness routine? 

I still love to bike. I have this amazing bike in NYC from a dutch company called Van Moof. I bike everywhere unless it’s too cold in the winter. Besides [it being] the fastest way to get around, it also just makes me really happy and reminds me of home.

Additional video:

Roosmarijn de kok Dogpound Workout

link: https://galoremag.com/roosmarijn-de-kok-explains-how-to-cut-through-the-bs-find-a-wellness-routine-that-works-for-you

On 3/5/2019 at 10:26 PM, flamelingo said:

Once again, Roos teamed up with photographer Nick Suarez for a beautiful photoshoot! These are some pics from IG, hopefully more HQ pics will be released in the future. 

Photographer - Nick Suarez

Styling - Virginia Ray

Beauty - Veronica Velez

Model - Roosmarijn de Kok

On 3/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, Pith_Possum said:

Nick Suarez

More pics from this shoot:

01_Roosmarijn_De_Kok.thumb.jpg.bd5d8847c7a587502961b8bfab887e98.jpg52867454_626390561212951_1393955662689091761_n.thumb.jpg.cf3e7148e883cc6f0c3824c8658b32a2.jpg54511401_334912403802362_6711810791967366161_n.thumb.jpg.727f93b173a44c7d175a41845447d54b.jpg

It's definitely a pretty shoot! The editing is a bit heavy though lol