Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Thank you Pinky for the info on the rebroadcast and for the links for the show here on BZ.

I'm holding off opinions of the show until after I've seen the edited fiasco broadcast version.

I'm getting a vibe from the somethingbigiscoming thing... I'm thinking a Resort Collection. Which happens about this time of year.

I'm probably wrong.

Pfff just watch.... VS dont give a fu&$ck if Candice ins't as outgoing like Adriana.. She is quite a lovely girl with an incredible and outstanding look.

You are clearly on denial :rofl: She may be as "lovely" or "pretty" as you want her to be but the fact is she's just a hot model that 90% of people can't put a name on her face. Even Doutzen is a nameless model to most of people in the US.

The last three hits VS had were Adriana, Alessandra and Miranda, and we all know Miranda only made it big because of personal life and same is starting to happen with Behati right now, who I like a lot and I think she was due to open the show and I'll be happy of she gets the Fantasy Bra next year but let's face it, no one gives a shit about who these women are.

I think too many people forget Bellazon is not the real world, go to the street with a picture of any of the Angels (except Dri & Ale) and a picture of Kate Upton and most of people will tell you who Kate is and they won't put a name in a VS' model face, and I do like my VS girls a lot, heck I hope Elsa goes big but being realistic, I doubt she'll ever hold a candle in terms of star power next to Dri and/or Ale.

My friend who went to the VS shows says the crowd only recognized three models: Adriana, Alessandra and Jourdan who is quite a big name in the UK, other than that it was just one hot/pretty girl after the other.

Pfff just watch.... VS dont give a fu&$ck if Candice ins't as outgoing like Adriana.. She is quite a lovely girl with an incredible and outstanding look.

You are clearly on denial :rofl: She may be as "lovely" or "pretty" as you want her to be but the fact is she's just a hot model that 90% of people can't put a name on her face. Even Doutzen is a nameless model to most of people in the US.

The last three hits VS had were Adriana, Alessandra and Miranda, and we all know Miranda only made it big because of personal life and same is starting to happen with Behati right now, who I like a lot and I think she was due to open the show and I'll be happy of she gets the Fantasy Bra next year but let's face it, no one gives a shit about who these women are.

I think too many people forget Bellazon is not the real world, go to the street with a picture of any of the Angels (except Dri & Ale) and a picture of Kate Upton and most of people will tell you who Kate is and they won't put a name in a VS' model face, and I do like my VS girls a lot, heck I hope Elsa goes big but being realistic, I doubt she'll ever hold a candle in terms of star power next to Dri and/or Ale.

My friend who went to the VS shows says the crowd only recognized three models: Adriana, Alessandra and Jourdan who is quite a big name in the UK, other than that it was just one hot/pretty girl after the other.

Clauds wth Candice is known not as ADri and Ale but yeah u cant put her as another hot/pretty girl.

Certain Posts Moved...

Some of the discussions regarding Doutzen's departure and the "Big Thing" VS is planning got moved to the Official Victoria's Secret Thread: http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/27120-the-official-victorias-secret-thread/page-682

Both topics has very little to do with the VSFS so it better if further discussions were held there instead of here. Thank you! Flower%20for%20you.gif

I'm sorry, but Elsa's pose in Fairy tale had some serious attention whore vibes.

Sara's PINK pose was fine until she turned and put her hands in the air...ugh.

Sigrid was a huge improvement this year. Especially in Angel Ball!

I hope Romee and Daniela don't come back next year. Romee is dangerously thin and Daniela is boring as hell. Usually Constance bores me but she did very well this year. I also liked Irina a lot.

Ok I finally watched to show on the VS site. NO HD quality, so sometimes could hardly see the models, but ok. 

Here are my comments:

Definately not better than the last few years. It was quite a dissapointment for me, after looking forward to it for so long. It did nothing for me, it didn't have the WOW feeling. 

The really last good show we had was 2010, ok in fact it was 2008, but '10 still had it for me. And I think this show was worse than 2012 and 2013, which is saying something.

The editing is partially to blame for that: the models weren't even on screen for 1 second. 

Segments I liked the most: Gilden Angels, Fairy Tale, Angel ball. 

Segments I hated: Exotic Traveler, Dream Angel, Pink

Visual Effects I liked: with some segments it really helped, like in Gilden Angels, Fairy Tale and Angel Ball the visual effects were AMAZING, 

Visual Effects I hated: but in ET, Dream Angel and Pink, the visuals were too much and sooo distracting, I felt like I was in a Candy Disco with all the lights. They should NOT use the visual effects in EVERY segment, they could alternate between segments. 

Music: the only music I loved was with Gilden Angels, with the rest I was falling a sleep and Taylor Swift was really irritating. The music in Exotic Traveler and Angel Ball was a BIG dissapointment. They should have made some mixes like they did in the past. IN ET they could use some eastern/arabian music and mix it with something modern. In Angel Ball they could have done some classical music and mixed it with moderns sounds.  

I think the music can make or break the show. In this show it breaked it. 

Terrible moments:

1. Adriana and Alessandra walking togething, I cringed.

2. Moments of Taylor, Lily and Karlie.  

3. The shots of Izabel and her poses. 

Models who shined:

Candice for once didn't irritate me, perhaps bc she behaved like an adult and didn't over do the sexiness. I'm starting to like her.

Doutzen shined, but she does the same poses every year. 

Magdalena's eyes are mesmerizing, 

Isabeli Fontana, the most professional model of all times was a sparkle for me in the show. 

Romee Strijd and Bregje Heinen were extremely HOT.

Esla Hosk was totally HOT and looked amazing in her outfits BUT it goes as far as that.  She doesn't have charisma. Candice has more charisma than here. 

I could hardly see the other new models due to fast editing and low resolution so after I see the show on TV next monday I will come back on that. 

If I would rate this show it was worse than the show we had in the last years.

They made some great outfits and loved the visuals in some of the segments, but the music was totally off for me.

The show lacked tension and power.  

Taylor Swift and Ariana took too much attention and space on the runway. 

For the dude who was asking for the order of the models walking and their names (I think it was k_dub something ? Sorry if mistake)

Here it is.

Behati Prinsloo

Karlie Kloss

Candice Swanepoel

Lily Aldridge

Lily Donaldson

Cindy Bruna

Sui He

Doutzen Kroes

Constance Jablonski

Devon Windsor

Lindsay Ellingson

Lily Aldridge

Sara Sampaio

Maria Borges

Romee Strijd

Stella Maxwell

Magdalena Frackowiak

Martha Hunt

Irina Sharipova

Kasia Struss

Sigrid Agren

Blanca Padilla

Doutzen Kroes

Karlie Kloss

Alessandra Ambrosio/Adriana Lima

Kate Grigorieva

Isabeli Fontana

Izabel Goulart

Jourdan Dunn

Eniko Mihalik

Kelly Gale

Joan Smalls

Barbara Fialho

Shanina Shaik

Jasmine Tookes

Daniela Braga

Lais Ribeiro

Elsa Hosk

Jacquelyn Jablonski

Grace Mahary

Ieva Laguna

Josephine Skriver

Yumi Lambert

Bregje Heinen

Taylor Marie Hill

Imaan Hammam

Sara Sampaio

Ming Xi

Maud Welzen

Monika Jagaciak

Candice Swanepoel

Behati Prinsloo

Jasmine Tookes

Eniko Mihalik

Lindsay Ellingson

Sui He

Stella Maxwell

Lily Donaldson

Barbara Fialho

Devon Windsor

Jourdan Dunn

Elsa Hosk

Izabel Goulart

Karlie Kloss

Joan Smalls

Kate Grigorieva

Lais Ribeiro

Isabeli Fontana

Maria Borges

Cindy Bruna

Adriana Lima

Magdalena Frackowiak

Sigrid Agren

Lily Aldridge

Doutzen Kroes

Constance Jablonski

Martha Hunt

Behati Prinsloo

Alessandra Ambrosio

Candice Swanepoel

Here's a question for all y'all in the know.

I noticed this year that the show hairstylists were using VS products.  Could that be the reason the hair's been so lackluster for the show? 

It could explain why the gang looks better when they were doing the press because they used different products?