Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2014 (3.3/10 in 18-49, 9.1 million viewers overall)

9.1 million viewers! That's a drop of viewers from last year.

Do you have the number of viewers for each year Bryan ?

Can you post them if you do ? :)

I'm curious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria%27s_Secret_Fashion_Show

I've had many requests to give my opinion of this years show.... but I honestly don't know what to think about it. I think I'm going to have to watch it a few more times before I tear it a new assholes or baby it to death with loves and sparkles.

^ I stick to my guess and say that it's supposed to be a dreamcatcher :idk:

Nope the designer was inspired by Dragonflies... :rofl:

It's clearly a troll outfit.

but wtf :rofl:  some of the wings in Fairy Tale are dragonfly wings...

More like bees???? They were honey-colored AFAIK

Well.. I really think the main problem, (at least with me) is that we expect something more.. surprises, excitement and really... we know EVERYTHING straight away, as soon as the show is done we have photos of every single outfit, the models, how they act, what the performers perfom...and we can see how everything is beeing edited...so? watching the show is just another compilation of all the little pieces we´ve seen hundred of times, there's no anticipation... I'm always really into the show, and then is like... nothing new :(

I guess we're guilty for that hahaha, I´m gonna try not to have all the info for the next shows.

I`m lying to myself, but I'm happy with that lie.  :)

Well.. I really think the main problem, (at least with me) is that we expect something more.. surprises, excitement and really... we know EVERYTHING straight away, as soon as the show is done we have photos of every single outfit, the models, how they act, what the performers perfom...and we can see how everything is beeing edited...so? watching the show is just another compilation of all the little pieces we´ve seen hundred of times, there's no anticipation... I'm always really into the show, and then is like... nothing new :(

I guess we're guilty for that hahaha, I´m gonna try not to have all the info for the next shows.

I`m lying to myself, but I'm happy with that lie.  :)

Pretty much sums up everything in this thread.

I was happy that Alessandra and Adriana weren't featured much other than in their fantasy bra segment...looks like maybe they're being phased out for good. I know lots of you like them, but they look too old IMO (especially Ale).

Speaking of  looking old, Iza looked really old in one of her kissy closeups..her hand is what really gave her age away.  I'd like Ale and Iza to be out of the show next year.

Ohh guys I'missing you here. I don't have time to see the VSFS until this weekend if its already on youtube+ I have to catch up on all the pages here. 

After spending that much weeks on this forum, I am dissapointed not to have seen it yet while you all have. 

IN the Netherlands they are broadcasting it on the 15th (I have to wait soo long). If its on youtube already I could seen it, but don't think I've time this coming days. 

Doutzen will be in RTL late night this evening so she is promoting it in the Netherlands, and she will be hosting the show, but that isn't saying much. She just says a few lines to the camera. 

1 question: do they do a lip sync video every year? Was the one of last year better?

I think she show was good. The whole realization of it, the outfits, all the girls, I didn't like the make up so much, but...yeah it was good. About the music- I liked the songs in all segment except the last one. I don't know, "Style" didn't feel strong enough of a song to close the show.

Now...the reason why in my opinion the show is a flop is cause of the editing. It was...horrific to say the least. I can't believe they actually released it in this way. Everything felt so rushed, models being shown for 2 seconds, weird shots of them, weird positions, I don't know... it's actually so boring to watch it cause of it. It just gives you a headache.

The second bad thing... Karlie and Taylor Swift destroyed this year's VSFS with their shitty behavior. Seriously...every year the VSFS has the same amount of viewers ( more or less). The audience doesn't watch it, because of the performers, no one really cares about who sings, as long as the song is great. Everyone watches the show cause of the sexy, beautiful girls. And there is 0 debate on it. I am sure that every single male viewer who watched the VSFS was super disappointed with the amount of freaking Taylor Swift they showed. And honestly...thanks to the VSFS I am actually starting to dislike her. Karlie...ok girl, we got it, you two are besties, probably even lesbian lovers, we got it. Now simmer down and do your job, model! Do what you are paid for...That last segment was seriously so disturbing with the ballet shit. So forced and fake. And her whole attitude during all the mini-segments , all the faces, smiles, kissy-kissy with TS was just disgusting.

This was by far the worst VSFS ever (yes , even worse than 2009) when it comes to editing and performers. I was actually so shocked when I watched it, and it had the potential to be amazing with this runway, with the music, the models, the outfits.

+1000

hmm ok so I don't have to look forward to watching it on the 15th (in my country).

^ I stick to my guess and say that it's supposed to be a dreamcatcher :idk:

Nope the designer was inspired by Dragonflies... :rofl:

It's clearly a troll outfit.

but wtf :rofl:  some of the wings in Fairy Tale are dragonfly wings...

More like bees???? They were honey-colored AFAIK

Could be :idk:  but Devons wings were deifinitely dragonfly wings