Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

The girls who Taylor reportedly outshined (i don't know their names, they all blend into one another, so i can't remember them) had nothing clearly to make them stand out.

If this was, let's say Adriana, she'd find her own way to rule the runway. So, VSFS is just getting more and more competitive each year, not just during castings, but on the runway as well. The girls must find their way to shine, must walk with confidence and must stand out, no matter whihc performer it is on stage.

You are just picking on KArlie and Taylor because you feel like doing it. I am not either one's biggest fan, but I don't care anymore. I've accepted VS ways of doing things.  I hated the whole Miranda/Orlando thing, same with the BEP who performed twice, Adam and his "beautiful" VS girlfriends, etc etc

It''s annoying as hell, but I'd rather see the display of friendship between two girls, a model and a performer (Karlie and Taylor) then some cheesy tearful, lovey-dovey acts on the runway. I'm sick of the boyfriend/husband trends in VS.

It won't happen again, relax. Taylor can't be performing for the next 5 years in a row at vsfs.

I have to disagree the friendship stuff was alright last year but this year it interrupted the show constantly and Karlie was so distracted her wing nearly clipped Doutzen in the face while she was walking backwards for some reason so she could stare at her alpha GF Taylor.

Then the fact Taylor is always standing in the models path when she sees them coming, kicking her legs out in their path  and even going to the end of the runway at the centre of it right where each model is supposed to hit their pose. Look at how many models had their moment on the runway interrupted and their picture at the end of the runway obscured by her.

It makes 0 sense models are supposed to compete with the performers for attention? its a lingerie show not a concert. Taylor can be centre of attention at her shows this is the big moment for the lingerie outfits and the girls walking them.

The girls who Taylor reportedly outshined (i don't know their names, they all blend into one another, so i can't remember them) had nothing clearly to make them stand out.

If this was, let's say Adriana, she'd find her own way to rule the runway. So, VSFS is just getting more and more competitive each year, not just during castings, but on the runway as well. The girls must find their way to shine, must walk with confidence and must stand out, no matter whihc performer it is on stage.

You are just picking on KArlie and Taylor because you feel like doing it. I am not either one's biggest fan, but I don't care anymore. I've accepted VS ways of doing things.  I hated the whole Miranda/Orlando thing, same with the BEP who performed twice, Adam and his "beautiful" VS girlfriends, etc etc

It''s annoying as hell, but I'd rather see the display of friendship between two girls, a model and a performer (Karlie and Taylor) then some cheesy tearful, lovey-dovey acts on the runway. I'm sick of the boyfriend/husband trends in VS.

It won't happen again, relax. Taylor can't be performing for the next 5 years in a row at vsfs.

I have to disagree the friendship stuff was alright last year but this year it interrupted the show constantly and Karlie was so distracted her wing nearly clipped Doutzen in the face while she was walking backwards for some reason so she could stare at her alpha GF Taylor.

Then the fact Taylor is always standing in the models path when she sees them coming, kicking her legs out in their path  and even going to the end of the runway at the centre of it right where each model is supposed to hit their pose. Look at how many models had their moment on the runway interrupted and their picture at the end of the runway obscured by her.

It makes 0 sense models are supposed to compete with the performers for attention? its a lingerie show not a concert. Taylor can be centre of attention at her shows this is the big moment for the lingerie outfits and the girls walking them.

Exactly, why should the girls get competitive with someone whose not even on their level. sure she's pretty and tall but without the voice and the celebrity she just another average american girl. They have a job set where they walk down the middle of the runway and then up the sides on the way back, how're you supposed to do that with a 6 foot tall blonde diva stomping around and kicking out her legs like she's doing the Cancan.

Jessica Hart ended up being the sacrificial lamb she prophesied this mess over a year ago and now it's come to fruition. 

Speaking of Jessica Hart getting kicked out, I don't understand why what she said IN PRINT was unacceptable but when Jourdan said it right to the camera on FashionTV it was perfectly alright. The interviewer had asked her what she thought of the performers that year (2013) and she shrugged her shoulders and looked disappointed. How is that any different than what Jessica said and was misquoted about?

Poor Magda... :|

sPy1zck.gif

Taylor ruining Blanca's runway moment...

mxXevIF.gif

And Doutzen probably cursing at Karlie... in her head....

B2eR9fp.gif

Oh my god such absolute disaster..! Yes, I'm talking about you Taylor, you did too much last year and now you did way much this year. Unacceptable & unforgivable. Sorry but for some obvious reasons, I blame you too Karlie. :persuazn:

Too much (unnecessary) performer-model interactions lead the models to be less focus on what should be deliver to the audience (that includes us). I'm not saying they can't have fun as the show itself is an event for everybody to have fun. Just the right moderate amount of it is what the show needs. The year as the best reference should be 2005 or maybe 2008.

You understand me man. Whats more perfect than the opening segment of 2005, just normal ass walking with perfect music. I really hate how the show has become in sense of how the artist performer has more focus/ is almost the star of the show, In 2008 there was Usher but it was the exact right amount of interaction. I think 2008 was brilliantly executed, but I think they also rehearsed it really well. Post 2010 I think VS just let the models run loose on the catwalk and think it well come out right in the end. BIG MISTAKE. 

In 2008 the models still walked normal with a bit of interacting with USher, but they waren't walking like a stoned or drunk lunatic as we see there^

Honesty IDK why I am still watching the show, it will never meet my expectations. It never blows me away. I think there ideas CAN be brilliant, like the Exotic Traveller, the Parisian NIght in 2012 I believe, the Diamond segment with the French castle in the background. 

I mean there ideas and concepts can be brilliant but than make a stupid ass show of it with boring music. The quality really went downhill for me. 

I didn't like Goulart's body-that stomach part specifically.

Sui He is a very nice surprise/addition for me-so beautiful girl.

Lily+Tookes+Lais= nothing special/nothing improved-so simple which is NOt bad,among a sea of extra upnormal looking girls.

Candice has the best shaped body,as always for me.Also Adri's body is great this year,though losing weight but it's perfect.

Fontana looked a little bit fat for me.

I wonder what the other taping was like for poor Blanca.

Irina S - wow she is gorgeous. I'd be staring at her the whole way even if Ms Swift  was doing the splits in the middle of the runway. 

The other taping was pretty much similar for Blanca. Both times Taylor did the same thing just before her turn.

A little off topic but my hair has gotten to a length where I can #IzaHairFlip time to practice til I perfect it  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

post-88496-0-1446072671-73268_thumb.gif

HAHAHA :rofl: Iza needs to up her game, she cannot let this become Taylor's Secret Fashion Show ever again. Its ridiculous how much say she had in the show. #bodybyiza :ninja:

eGLhsp.gif

TCdJ5E.gif

OMG this is seriously the funniest thing ever. I'm dying here. 

Atleast in angel ball Taylor seemed to stay in the middle of the runway... blocking paths but still not at the very end..

Her exaggerated motions seemed a little less off putting as well.

Blanca still owned it though... hope they cut out the whole leg kick, do some back stage something or other.. then switch to blanca's last 2 steps / pose 

Am I the only one who misses KK? She's three years younger than either Ale and Adri, why don't they invite her back to the VSFS?

I miss Rosie. :(

Me too... Rosie was amazing on the runway and great in interviews. I really wish she stayed longer with VS... :(

And KK was incredible back in 2003/2005 shows, but didn't look her best in her last VS show in 2010. Actually she looked pretty bad, IMO... I'm glad she is not back.

KK really delivered the work how it was intended. 

Thanks Fwoosh :) I wonder what Taylor did in rehearsal then ...they do a rehearsal with the performers don't they?   

I'm impressed the models maintain their perfect faces trying to get around these people obstructing them, especially Elsa smiling as she squeezes past Ariana. And Blanca just waiting till Taylor has done her thing, then calmly walking past.  I can't help but scowl a little if someone in front of me is zigzagging and getting in my way! 

No point in uploading the clip...no audio... so here's a gif.

Elsa  :wub2:

NHoSzAx.gif

I love how she struts basically saying, "I know I'm beautiful" :)

Queen Elsa!

And 'I know I am the hottest blond woman alive on this planet'. 

duuude i live in sweden and i see hot blondes like her everyday lol

Behati confirmed they did the lipsync on Shake it Off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRq4ZqriMsg

Ugh.. Why this song? I wanted them to do an Ed Sheeran song. But no, why would they? Of course they do Taylor Swift. 

Notice how Candice and Behati hesitated when they asked if Taylor should get her wings? lol.

Yes I would too, bc that is a stupid question. Taylor is a singer, and the reporter is asking if she could be an angel. Of course not, some of these reporters have the weirdest questions ever. 

Adriana's body always looks better at the fittings and basically anytime before the show. Then she goes and loses all this weight for I don't know what and messes it up. They should've just kept her initial FB panty that would've looked better on her. She just looks better with the extra weight on her thighs/hips/butt.

Maybe its her #trainlikeanangel drill.

^Anyway, you're right she should definitely look at Isabeli for cues.

I agree. Adriana is way to extreme towards the VSFS. Also I tend to think all the angels think more exercise is always better. That really isn't the case. Also Karlie's midnight workout was absurd. She should have slept at that time. You body needs rest and too much exercise can be harmfull. 

No point in uploading the clip...no audio... so here's a gif.

Elsa  :wub2:

NHoSzAx.gif

I love how she struts basically saying, "I know I'm beautiful" :)

Queen Elsa!

And 'I know I am the hottest blond woman alive on this planet'. 

duuude i live in sweden and i see hot blondes like her everyday lol

Yes, but I haven't visited Sweden yet, although it's quite close. And I hear all the time, the girls there are really beautiful.

Behati confirmed they did the lipsync on Shake it Off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRq4ZqriMsg

Ugh.. Why this song? I wanted them to do an Ed Sheeran song. But no, why would they? Of course they do Taylor Swift. 

Notice how Candice and Behati hesitated when they asked if Taylor should get her wings? lol.

Yes I would too, bc that is a stupid question. Taylor is a singer, and the reporter is asking if she could be an angel. Of course not, some of these reporters have the weirdest questions ever. 

Well I would have said yes :ninja:

Hi folks

I ended up missing all the VSFS action earlier this week as my Dad died on Monday night, and now I've got well over 100 pages to catch up on... I was wondering though if any fellow London dwellers want to get together to watch the show on Tuesday? Would make a nice change to watch it on TV with people who love it as much as I do instead of watching some crappy YouTube upload...