Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

They always put Elsa in these jackets. I wonder why? Must say, as much as I love her face, her body is nice, but her walk is not the best. Maybe she's been working on it. We'll see.

Also I got to see Nadine Leopold's walk and well it's clear to see why she wasn't cast. Stunning face and body, but a Boring walk.

The models I'm most excited to see are:
Kelly Gale (her body omg)
Natasha Poly (best walk in the biz)
Taylor Hill (very intriguing look)
Eniko Mihalik (love her presence)
Bregje Heinen (she's lovely and different)
Josephine (in a nicer outfit please)

And not so much
Daniela Braga because I dislike her personality, seems totally fake. Her walk is as bad as Jessica White at VS07. I think the worst walk in VS history was that Kylie person that won that competition to walk in the show in 09. Talk about a try-hard.

Her walk is 

elsa for dream girl too? omg hope is true

Elsa for Dream Girl is totally right. Her face is kinda dreamy  :) 

They always put Elsa in these jackets. I wonder why? Must say, as much as I love her face, her body is nice, but her walk is not the best. Maybe she's been working on it. We'll see.

Also I got to see Nadine Leopold's walk and well it's clear to see why she wasn't cast. Stunning face and body, but a Boring walk.

The models I'm most excited to see are:

Kelly Gale (her body omg)

Natasha Poly (best walk in the biz)

Taylor Hill (very intriguing look)

Eniko Mihalik (love her presence)

Bregje Heinen (she's lovely and different)

Josephine (in a nicer outfit please)

And not so much

Daniela Braga because I dislike her personality, seems totally fake. Her walk is as bad as Jessica White at VS07. I think the worst walk in VS history was that Kylie person that won that competition to walk in the show in 09. Talk about a try-hard.

I dunno, I think Marisa's first VSFS could be a contender...

Honestly, looking at that line-up, I'm a bit disappointed again. There is so little variety in the body types.

Where are the equivalents of say, Laetitia or even Tyra in this current line-up?

I'd also like there was more body types.

I dont care about the body type as long as the models have a beautiful face.

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one disappointed.

I really like the line up this year. I personally think it is diverse. I'm really looking forward to seeing Daniela, unlike most. Dani isn't "fake" and if you listened to her interview during the castings, she said since she work with VS mainline and audition last year, she wasn't nervous and was relaxed during the casting. Hence, why she was dancing and acting silly. She has walked many designers and was the face of Givenchy campaign already. She is truly great on the catwalk. People need to give the newbies a chance :) I'm excited for Taylor, Kate, and Irina. And many more girls! I'm still gutted about Nadine and Rachel! But there is always next year. So they have time to practice! :) and i love all the designs and outfits so far! Improved a lot since last year :laugh:

I might be a first, but I actually do like Elsa's outfit. And also I have my fingers crossed Behati is not opening at this point LOL sorry bee's fans.

I also like Elsa's outfit. It's a hundred times better than last year's pink segment. What a mess!

I like Behati and it feels like VS is trying to push her in Gisele's direction. There is something similar about them (especially now that Behati has lost so much weight) but I don't think anyone can top Gisele's status.

If Behati opens then I hope she does it with more of a power walk and not all smiley and giggly. That girl actually has an amazing walk but it's hard to see because she seems to be focusing too much on Adam or the performers.

Was it confirmed Adam won't be at the show? VS will probably include him in it somehow. Behati has become more famous because of him.

Do you guys think Blank Space by T Swift would fit the show? Maybe? I love the song but can't picture it at VS.

Only if it were remixed, tbh. It's a good song in general, but not a catwalk song at all. However, I could see VS being like "fuck it" and just using it anyway. It could work for a slower segment maybe?

I've been listening to Break Free by Ariana, and I totally think it will be used for PINK. It's perfect! I'm hoping that it's a theme for Sara and Elsa to finally 'break free' from the PINK segment lol.

Do you guys think Blank Space by T Swift would fit the show? Maybe? I love the song but can't picture it at VS.

Only if it were remixed, tbh. It's a good song in general, but not a catwalk song at all. However, I could see VS being like "fuck it" and just using it anyway. It could work for a slower segment maybe?

They've always used songs that were so not catwalk, I'm thinking about Say Something, but made them work anyway. Blank Space is not a catwalk song at all, therefore I'm sure they'll use it. The other alternatives are Shake It Off and Out Of The Woods, and I really hope they'll use this one.

There's also Welcome to New York but they're not even thinking about this one...right?  :banghead:

^ ^ You're forgetting about Carmen Kass opening and closing the 99 show

But I agree, I dont see Behati doing both this year

1999 was a totally different show back then so I don't even count it towards how VS currently does things (actually the last 10-11 years or so)

VS loves all glitter and pageantry of Priscilla Queen of the Desert :rofl: and they have issues breaking away from being predictable; and as such not one model has ever opened & closed a single show in recent years, and I don't see them starting the trend with Behati when they had WAY better openers/closers in their cast years ago and yet VS didn't allow them the honors (pageantry walkers x a billion - Gisele, KK, Adriana, Tyra). I mean I guess it's probable, but highly improbable.