Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

After seeing the videos posted on victoriassecretsport on Instagram, I'm shocked that Devon is American! Never heard her voice before. I really dislike daniela braga. And bregje sounds so american these days lol I remember her first model talk on ftv and she sounded very different. Love her!

I was surprised at how American Bregje sounds, too!  She's clearly been working hard on her English. Can't say the same for Daniela Braga. The girl is stunning - but if she wants to take her career to the next level, and be spokesperson for any kind of international brand, she's gonna have to work harder at her English. 

The Devon video knocked my socks off. I watched it about 5 times back-to-back.  Literally mesmerized by her beauty!  She just jumped up my list to being one of my most anticipated models this year.  Holy hell she's gorgeous!

Bregje seems totally in love with USA and NY especially. She totally embraces the city and obviously loves living there. At least that´s what I feel like when following her instagram.

I´m glad to hear Ed Sheeran is performing. It took me some time to appreciate his music, but he totally killed it with I See Fire and I fell in love.

Not a bad lineup, honestly.  MUCH better than the performers last year.  I know a lot of people don't like her, but I just adore Ariana Grande - love her look, her songs, and her voice.  The problem is she looks a little young to me, and she's not very sexy (well, not in a VS way).

What I don't get is why they aren't having more British performers.  Ed Sheeran is British, but Taylor is about as American as it gets.

"Shake It Off" has gotten incredibly annoying, but maybe they have some other new Taylor songs they'll play.  For Ariana, "Break Free," "Love Me Harder," "Problem," and "The Way" are all great.  I'm thinking they're going to do "Break Free" in Pink.

Yeah I thought VS would try and get British acts. They should have got Jessie J, Olly Murs and then Ed Sheeran. And then even though she is Aussie (yeah boy) they could have tried and got Kylie Minogue. But whatever. My sister who watches VS when it airs but doesn't follow it was like are they serious? When I told her. She's like why are they getting so many young people? Where's the sexy performers lol.

YES Ed Sheeran!! Fucking called it!!  :dance:

Ariana... I'm on the fence. She has a gorgeous voice but her enunciation is so terrible you can never make out a word she's singing, and she looks about 12.

Hozier... don't know his stuff. 

And this song is amazing. I am sick of Shake it Off being played constantly, so I hope they play this one instead. Though Shake it Off is definetly more of a runway song so I guess we'll see, maybe both. I love taylor either way so  :chicken:

I love this song too, but I can't be the only one who's noticed it sounds EXACTLY the same as... 

Just sayin!

As for the double dose of Taylor, yeah it's a but much it makes more sense to have her this year than last year really, singing new songs instead of stuff from an album she released a year and a half earlier.

Lol this year's performers are quite interesting. Hozier is new on the scene, while Ariana, Taylor and Ed are all extremely popular at the moment. Personally, I like Taylor Swift, it's a risky move because this will make the VS show all about taylor.

Ariana is cool, but if she's in PINK then please can VS play Zedd's extended mix of Break Free. That beat is fire for the models to walk to.

I don't like ed so much. Overall I think this year will be MAINLY about the performers, and then the models. The Victoria's Secret (& TAYLOR SWIFT'S) Fashion Show ...

Lol this year's performers are quite interesting. Hozier is new on the scene, while Ariana, Taylor and Ed are all extremely popular at the moment. Personally, I like Taylor Swift, it's a risky move because this will make the VS show all about taylor.

Ariana is cool, but if she's in PINK then please can VS play Zedd's extended mix of Break Free. That beat is fire for the models to walk to.

I don't like ed so much. Overall I think this year will be MAINLY about the performers, and then the models. The Victoria's Secret (& TAYLOR SWIFT'S) Fashion Show ...

Agreed. It's pretty sad, but they're also doing it for the ratings and expansion of market. As I stated on another website: In the past 7 years the highest rated show was the 2011 followed by the 2013 show. Adding more performers from different genres will increase a demographic of viewers. There is also the rerun on The CW in the United States as a bonus.

In the past few years it's always been about the performers more then about the models. The ratings rely on that, and they have to do as much as they can to increase ratings. Bringing popular performers is the easiest way, and even if I want to focus on the models as everyone, I can't totally blame VS for certain choices.

Taylor :woot: I'm addicted to her new album. Yay. So happy she's in!!! She actually fits in with the models. Ariana on the other hands looks like a premature. The girls makes my eyes bleed. I don't even know the other perfomers. But as long as Tay is in, I don't care.

BlueJasmine no offense but it's a bit of a stretch to say it's more about the performers than the models. I mean, have you watched the past shows?