Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

i hate how on here Fall Out Boy is a B-list band or "some random people" because THEY'RE NOT!

they have sold over 7.5 million albums worldwide, multi-platinum albums, a Grammy nomination

the new single Centuries is currently 11 on itunes and it was in the top 10 for months!

one of the best act they had in years imo

Yes please I would love for VS to have a an actual DJ perform while the models walk. Tiesto, or even Zedd or Calvin Harris. IMO the models walk a lot better when there is upbeat or dance music playing.

I see that a few models have said they want Iggy or Beyonce to perform. Ugh. Never been a fan of Beyonce

I agree, but unfortunately that is not happening. there will definitely be performers in the majority of the segments.

i hate how on here Fall Out Boy is a B-list band or "some random people" because THEY'RE NOT!

they have sold over 7.5 million albums worldwide, multi-platinum albums, a Grammy nomination

the new single Centuries is currently 11 on itunes and it was in the top 10 for months!

Sis, we are talking about in today's age. FOB is a nobody band for the current generation and audience. Maybe if it was VSFS 2006 they would have been super relevant, but not anymore. It was quite obvious that they were not a first choice for VS, but rather VS just settled. Taylor Swift clearly stole the show and was the highlight.

That Rachel girl is atrocious, I hope she doesn't come anywhere near the VSFS. There are wayyyy too many models that should be cast over her for her to even be considered (ahem, Toni, Frida, Nadine, Andreea, Gigi, Irina Shaik, Sasha Luss, etc)

Rachel is like the poor woman's version of Elsa, no where near a good looking a face as Elsa's though.

Anyone know what happened to Vita Sidorkina? She signed a PINK contract this year and I thought she was next in line but hasn't really shot any with them and they picked Rachel for most shoots and the Campus Party event with Elsa.

So far both didn't get cast for the show but it still looks like Rachel is next in line to take over PINK.

That Rachel girl is atrocious, I hope she doesn't come anywhere near the VSFS. There are wayyyy too many models that should be cast over her for her to even be considered (ahem, Toni, Frida, Nadine, Andreea, Gigi, Irina Shaik, Sasha Luss, etc)

Yeah but some of these girls didnt go to castings...

Except Nadine and maybe Gigi, do we know if the others went ? No, we dont know for sure.

So if they dont go to castings it's normal VS cannot pick them ? :idk:

Yes please I would love for VS to have a an actual DJ perform while the models walk. Tiesto, or even Zedd or Calvin Harris. IMO the models walk a lot better when there is upbeat or dance music playing.

I see that a few models have said they want Iggy or Beyonce to perform. Ugh. Never been a fan of Beyonce

I agree, but unfortunately that is not happening. there will definitely be performers in the majority of the segments.

they have sold over 7.5 million albums worldwide, multi-platinum albums, a Grammy nomination

the new single Centuries is currently 11 on itunes and it was in the top 10 for months!

Sis, we are talking about in today's age. FOB is a nobody band for the current generation and audience. Maybe if it was VSFS 2006 they would have been super relevant, but not anymore. It was quite obvious that they were not a first choice for VS, but rather VS just settled. Taylor Swift clearly stole the show and was the highlight.

top 10 on itunes for a nobody band? yeah righ, they have more fans than you think and after a big hiatus they can still sell very well

i don't like Taylor and she wasn't the highlight for me, she was awful but that's me

Candice says in that video that if you don't enjoy watching Victoria's secret fashion show then there's something wrong with you. I know she's kidding, Lol But a lot of the people I know don't give a damn about it, and also, are bored by it. I for one love this show. Been following it since 03, but I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea. :-)

they have sold over 7.5 million albums worldwide, multi-platinum albums, a Grammy nomination

the new single Centuries is currently 11 on itunes and it was in the top 10 for months!

top 10 on itunes for a nobody band? yeah righ, they have more fans than you think

i don't like Taylor and she wasn't the highlight for me, she was awful but that's me

Whether you like or hate Taylor/Fall out Boy,they have made a serious killing in the music biz (more so taylor) and if you as an artist make it onto iTunes top ten, then you are DEFINITELY "relevant".

FOB was not relevant last year, in fact I think it was mentioned that when Taylor left the stage after their performance the audience got pretty upset. They are a band that eight years ago was hot but now they have their hardcore fanbase and that's it, it's the same as the Backstreet Boys, no one gives a shit about them anymore except for the loyal fans. The star of the show was clearly Taylor, love her or hate her but it was the Taylor Show ... Just like 2012 was the Rihanna show even when they had Bruno and Bieber too.

And i like Rachel, i think she's cute and her Pink work is nice. I prefer Vita but she's been shooting mainline already so she's def not next in line for Pink. I would take any of those two over Ping tho, when i was looking for a picture of her to do the graphic i was like NOPE.

not relevant last year??

last year theyr comeback album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart

the album debuted on itunes at number one in 27 countries, top ten in 60 countries

the first single has sold over 3 million downloads in the USA, top five in the UK

i can keep going

everything after 3 years of hiatus

i don't know about this thing about the audience but if this is true they had bad taste in music

but from my point of view it wasn't like you said, the phoenix was perfect for the birds of paradise segment

I'm glad you said not a fan instead of something negative lol. But honestly how can you not like Beyonce? I mean Ik its your opinion but this is the queen..... ok I'm just gonna leave it there lol.

and also I really don't think the FBs are gonna be in any catalogs this year so far which is really weird

There has to be. There's also a bunch of missing pics. Not only of the FBs, but stuff that was shot with Russell in those mansions.

You can pull as many statistics as you want, but they simply do not have the social media presence and 'it-factor' that the stars of today have (Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki, Iggy, Ariana, One Direction, etc).

so what?? i don't care about this and clearly vs wasn't happy about the singer/band stealing the show from the models

one famous singer ok but not 3, rihanna biberon and bruno all together was too much

and FOB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1D :x

top 10 on itunes for a nobody band? yeah righ, they have more fans than you think

Whether you like or hate Taylor/Fall out Boy,they have made a serious killing in the music biz (more so taylor) and if you as an artist make it onto iTunes top ten, then you are DEFINITELY "relevant".

Yeah, FOB was 'there' before Taylor even arrived. I like how Taylor sings last year but not the way she did with her body. Most of the time she over acted - very annoying  :yuckky:

You can pull as many statistics as you want, but they simply do not have the social media presence and 'it-factor' that the stars of today have (Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki, Iggy, Ariana, One Direction, etc).

so what?? i don't care about this and clearly vs wasn't happy about the singer/band stealing the show from the models

one famous singer ok but not 3, rihanna biberon and bruno all together was too much

and FOB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1D :x

I think 1 performer is quite an odd, three or more is definitely a NO-NO, we want to see the models & the outfits, not a lot of performers. So 2 performers is very balanced & okay.