Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Hello, im the new one. :flower:  So...Yeah, I hope Beyonce will not go to the show for 2014. Most of her songs bores me ! Every year comes to show someone who release the album. Secretly I believe that I will see Pharrell, Chris Brown or Jennifer Lopez. I can imagine a segment which in models walking around Pharrell, with the song "Come get it bae "  :kiss: Or J.Lo ! Her performances are always full of energy. And Chris Brown,he will have a new album in September. Certainly be full of good hits. BTW - I cant wait to see, who will open the show this year...

But I am convinced that it will be Adriana, Candice or (my secret wish) Behati. :clap:

Welcome islandKiss!  :wave:

I really do think Pharrell would be a good idea. He's always got such good presence and I kind of see him pulling an Usher with how he interacts with the models. As for Chris Brown I'm not sure if he's appropriate enough. Also browsing through the list of albums coming out closer to that time of the year (aka the Fourth Quarter), these are names with albums releasing close to the show that probably have potential playing:

- Charli XCX (October 21)

- Taylor Swift (October 27) 

- Fifth Harmony (November 17)

And these are unscheduled releases set for 2014 with potential or enough hype so they could come out near the time of the show:

- Rihanna

- Azealia Banks

- fun.

- Frank Ocean

- Kanye West

- Marina and the Diamonds

- Nicki Minaj

Also I have major feelings that this could be played in PINK.

And one final thing, considering the show's in London, what are the chances they're going to do some big British medley of songs from Queen, The Beatles, etc etc ? It's cliche but it could work provided they don't screw up. 

Oh... I really like that song for PINK, but I think it's better if it's just the song without the artists, a great mix with that song to give energy to the runway, better outfits (than last year's ones) and PINK's segment would be great. But meh, maybe I'm a dreamer.

Beattles, Queen, Pink Floyd, Oasis... etc would be a great idea.

I don't know, but I just want less segments with performers this year, go back to 2005!

SB, I'm so sad at what passes for music nowadays.

That PINK song is _________ on many many levels...

No Beyonce

No caterwauling of Rihanna

No Kayne scowl

No Coldplay putting us into a coma

No Nicki M and her giant ass thing

No Doug Iggy

post-1004-0-1446073533-44614_thumb.jpg

Just mixes of good ole Rock & Roll of some of the greatest English bands circa 60's thru the 90's, sexy girls in lingerie (imagine that.... SEX AND ROCK AND ROLL), no hearts, no kisses, no pointing, no random pans towards the audience, please give us sexy Adriana circa 2003;  and none of this over processed bubble gum music that's being pumped out at such a rapid pace that young adults, tweens and teens are getting A.D.D and to counter it the music industry has mix 3-4 songs together so people can enjoy a bloody song.

This is bad... A.D.D children

No Doug Iggy

post-37013-0-1446073536-07147_thumb.jpg

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

(If people are talking about Iggy so much, it would better be THIS Iggy 

)

Just mixes of good ole Rock & Roll of some of the greatest English bands circa 60's thru the 90's, sexy girls in lingerie (imagine that.... SEX AND ROCK AND ROLL), no hearts, no kisses, no pointing, no random pans towards the audience, please give us sexy Adriana circa 2003;  and none of this over processed bubble gum music that's being pumped out at such a rapid pace that young adults, tweens and teens are getting A.D.D and to counter it the music industry has mix 3-4 songs together so people can enjoy a bloody song.

This is bad... A.D.D children

That would be amazing!

I can imagine songs like Jumpin' Jack Flash, Highway Star or even something like Pretty Vacant.

But I don't see that happening  :/ They had a perfect British Invasion segment to go for something like that and they didn't, so I don't have any hopes about it.

(I'll keep my thoughts about that dubstep thing  :ninja: )

I like Queen, The Rolling Stones and I think that would actually be the best thing they could do. I've always been against performers with the models.

But let's be honest. They had a British segment last year and who sang? And American band with a country singer. They had a French segment and what did they put? Fucking Miley Cyrus. The British rock mix we want It ain't gonna happen, they are going to put singers in at least half of the segments so all we can do is hope they put the most decent ones out there :idk: 

The closest VS would ever get to The Rolling Stones is casting Georgia Jagger but girlfriend is way too cool for VS.

I don't know, but I just want less segments with performers this year, go back to 2005!

That would be the best I feel like the whole performers just starts to eat up airtime from the runway in recent years.

Oh that doug thing is spot on, I never got how people found Iggy Azelea attractive she looks like the Wayans in the move White Chicks.

I know Queen still tours but with Adam Lambert on vocals so that could be an interesting possibility. Mixes would be the best because you can tailor them exactly to the type of mood you want each segment to set but instead they will just try and put in whoever is really popular this year and have it not be as good.

AMEN!

I also think that Pharrell would be Goal. :hehe:  He has no scandals & the last album was great. And yeah, Pharrell is for me one of the best dressed men in showbiz. On the other hand, I can not imagine that on the VSFS will sing Ariana Grande. Please, Just do not. I feel that for a while she pops up on our refrigerator,lol. Because she is everywhere !

Miley would be a better choice.I like "Bangerz ". But she must be controlled. :blueeyedbaby: 

Iggy would be a great person for PiNK segment. But not as a headliner. It wants the huge bomb. By the way, my favorite year is one where the Usher performs. I mean, first segment with Usher (Glamour Goddess) was amazing... It's rhythm, stylish, it was not trashy. And Girls looks so good. Especially Adriana with Doutzen. 2008 is my favorite ! :kiss:

in my case i would love it......i love ariana grande so much... her voice is just so beautiful

Everyone likes something different. :flower: I dont deny it. She has a nice voice with High notes. Something like Mariah Carey & Jessica Alba looks like. But for VSFS ? Maybe in a few years.(IMHO)

Lana Del Rey is one of the few new artists I enjoy, but a performance at the VSFS would just be lolz on many levels of awesome.

... sometimes my lips get in the way when I'm singing. :rofl:

...I just look sad because I'm contemplative, and I'm not always pensive.. like, just when I'm thinking :rofl: :rofl:

Well if they go for a bondage theme then I'm sure they'll find this song fitting for their theme :rofl: :rofl:  I mean these lyrics from Ultraviolence.

He hit me and it felt like a kiss

He hurt me but it felt like true love

Domestic Abuse nah; clearly Bondage themed

-----

SB: I like, I like a lot! Their sound is reminiscent of the late 70's early 80's and screams Cream in some parts of the song. Thanks my dahlin for introducing me to them. I'll have to check them out later. :woohoo: