• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kylie Bax lives in Sydney with her Greek photographer husband and their two children. She is still involved in fashion management and is more involved with the horse racing industry these days. She has placed her US stud farm on the market. Has a very public strained relationship with the rest of her New Zealand based Bax family who are very prominent in the equine industry there. Had a falling out with them in 2011 and did not attend her younger sister's wedding in 2012.

In an interview on a local New Zealand television chanel in 1996, she was quoted to say "the designers no longer control the fashion industry - we do" as in regarding the height of the Great Supermodel Era and it's (costly) influence on the industry as a whole. Fashion industry insiders believed that comment may have held Kylie back from moving into the top echelon of Supermodels. (The industry finally adjusting to correct the costly imballance in model fees shortly after). Kylie later said that what she was trying to say came out wrong.

In a later interview with an Australian mens magazine she was quoted to say "I cant understand why my homeland has never embraced me as one of their own, I feel a more relaxed affinity with Australia and their more outgoing lifestyle, I feel more Australian in that respect." This in response to her successful Sports Illustrated shoot not celebrated as much as Rachel Hunter's a decade earlier and the nation's embracing of Rachel as an icon.

In a 2009 interview with NZ Womans Weekly she was more sanguine on her life now, saying she is "happy with her young family and enjoying the lifestyle in Australia."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...