Bellazon

wireless internet

Guest quasicartes

Guest quasicartes

I would like to surf the net from the second floor.

But, the wireless signal I received is too low.

The wireless router is on the first floor.

I there any way I can improve the signal? CAQn I use a signal amplifier, on the second floor?

Thanks for helping.

Guest quasicartes

I was wondering...

Where can I put the signal amplifier?

Can it be placed at the very edge of the signal range?

In my room, precisely near the window, the signal is very low.

So can I place this signal amplifier, in a very low signal condition?

I mean I want to place the signal amplifier at the window, then I will surf form elsewhere in the room.

I was wondering...

Where can I put the signal amplifier?  

Can it be placed at the very edge of the signal range?

In my room, precisely near the window, the signal is very low.  

So can I place this signal amplifier, in a very low signal condition?

I mean I want to place the signal amplifier at the window, then I will surf form elsewhere in the room.

Point it at the source

Guest quasicartes

hmmm... i dont know exactly where the router is. It's on the first floor you see.

Can't see it from my room on the second floor. So, point where?

Guest quasicartes

One more thing, the signal from the only spot where i can get them, is pretty weak. Most of the times, my connection gets timed out every one minute. The signal is so weak, that moving my labtop a few inches will result in lost of signal!

Linksys. There is no substitute. I have 1 computer with a wireless linksys pci card, a linksys wireless card for my lap top, and a linksys wireless router... all been used forever, and all work flawless... plus one of the best customers supports ever - I was on the phone with this poor guy for 5 hours trying to get my xbox to work with a certain router.... turns out I didnt check the list... it wasnt compatible

• 2 months later...
Guest quasicartes

currently, am using NETGEAR, keeps getting dsiconnected.

Signal fluctuates from low to very high. Must change this crap with LINKSYS next week.

I'm using a Belkin wireless router and Belkin pc-card for my laptop, but i'm not happy with it lately. I loses connection often, it starts with 54Mbps and slowley the speed goes down and then i'm unable to get the connection back. I've tried a few things already, restarting the router, replacing the pc-card, rebooting my laptop, but that often doesn't work. Just waiting a while works <_<

I'm not sure what causes this, the router is in the room next to my laptop, so it's pretty near, i've contacted my ISP about it, if there's something wrong on their side but they say there's not.

So I contacted Belkin about this, they told me to change the Wireless Channel to 6, but it doesn't make any differnce. They said that mobile phones could infect the network too :dontgetit: , is this true and does anyone know anything more i could try ?

Guest quasicartes

I was told by the technician that he uses Belkin laptop card with a Billion wireless router, he uses channel 11 plus. He says use a higher channel, maybe like 15. The higher it is the least interference you got from your mobile phones, cordless phones, radio, remote-control toy cars, and other electromagnetic-wave emitting stuff like some fluorescent light.

I just bought Belkin laptop card and belkin witeless router. So far, it's been working fine.

Easy installation too. The signal has never been disrupted at all.

By the way, if I am not mistaken, Belkin has a life-time warranty, if so, try and get yours replaced now.

Guest quasicartes

It's driver or settings problems. I don't know exactly why either.

Last week, I bought Netgear wireless router. I already had Intel Wireless card in my laptop. They said 5 easy step to install. After one week of struggling and many customer service calls to Netgear. Finally, I got it working. But after a while, I found out that connections keep getting interrupted, signals fluctuate from very good to low to no signal at all. I keep getting disconnected.

I thought the problem's with my driver, so I updated all my HP drivers (from BIOS to Intel wireless card). Then, the laptop crashed frequently. Blue screen popped up, the stupid machine restarted automatically. Keep getting driver error messages.

So, I had to reformat my laptop twice, and updated all drivers, then the laptop crashed when I played AOE 2. Now the new graphic card driver is causing problem.

had to reformat again and install old drivers (the one given when I bought the laptop).

No more crashes now, but connection to Internet was 100% unavailable at all times.

So, I decided that it was my crappy wireless card, so i bought Belkin Laptop wireless card and to ensure compatibility had Netgear router changed to Belkin. It was working fine for ten hours, until I disabled the connection temporarily. Now, the Belkin card won't work at all, I plugged it in, the "on" light is off and wrong driver error message occur. Luckily, Intel wireless card is now functioning with Belkin wireless router.

Alibaba126, you probably need to keep changing routers and card, until you find the one that works for you. PC always have weird problems. :( :( :(

• 2 weeks later...