Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

Today’s results are in!

These are the last matches in the Second Round. Third Round matches will begin shortly!

Knockout Stage - Second Round

Alyssa Miller (60.0%) defeated Bregje Heinen (40.0%)

(2) Kathy Ireland (52.1%) defeated Chandra North (47.9%)

Alyssa Miller and (2) Kathy Ireland will face each other in the Third Round

My spin:

Chandra North gave #2 Kathy Ireland all she could handle, but Kathy survived and advanced. Alyssa Miller beat rookie Bregje Heinen and will be a very worthy opponent for Kathy. I think Alyssa has what it takes to pull off the upset.

So, the Second Round is history, and 16 great matches await us in the Third Round. They are:

(1) Elle Macpherson (AUS) vs. Cindy Crawford (USA)

Natasha Barnard (RSA) vs. (9) Veronica Varekova (CZE)

(16) Petra Nemcova (CZE) vs. Angela Lindvall (USA)

Kim Cloutier (CAN) vs. (6) Daniela Pestova (CZE)

(3) Marisa Miller (USA) vs. Daniella Sarahyba (BRA)

Hannah Davis (VIR) vs. (14) Bar Refaeli (ISR)

(15) Heidi Klum (GER) vs. Laetitia Casta (FRA)

Sara Sampaio (POR) vs. Dominique Piek (RSA)

Yesica Toscanini (ARG) vs. Julie Henderson (USA)

Genevieve Morton (RSA) vs. (13) Paulina Porizkova (CZE)

(11) Christie Brinkley (USA) vs. Emily Ratajkowski (USA)

Hilary Rhoda (USA) vs. (8) Brooklyn Decker (USA)

(7) Irina Shayk (RUS) vs. Cintia Dicker (BRA)

(21) Nina Agdal (DEN) vs. (12) Kate Upton (USA)

Hannah Ferguson (USA) vs. Josie Maran (USA)

Alyssa Miller (USA) vs. (2) Kathy Ireland (USA)

It should be a great round!

What are your thoughts?  Post and share them!

Thanks for voting!

You are aware that Emily Ratajkowski isn't English? She was born to two American parents while in England. That does not give her British citizenship, she's still an American citizen, with the added possibility of dual citizenship, though even that is not a guarantee.

https://americansabroad.org/issues/citizenship/citizenship-requirements-faqs/

I am so tired of people marking her as English/British.

You are aware that Emily Ratajkowski isn't English? She was born to two American parents while in England. That does not give her British citizenship, she's still an American citizen, with the added possibility of dual citizenship, though even that is not a guarantee.

https://americansabroad.org/issues/citizenship/citizenship-requirements-faqs/

I am so tired of people marking her as English/British.

I went back and forth on that one... I knew the backstory, but I didn't know the US citizenship rules. So, thank you. Based upon the fact that you are a goddess on BZ, I am amending my tournament and EmRata is hereby declared an American from now on. :)

Today’s results are in!

Knockout Stage - Third Round

(1) Elle Macpherson (62.1%) defeated Cindy Crawford (37.9%)

(9) Veronica Varekova (51.3%) defeated Natasha Barnard (48.7%)

(1) Elle Macpherson and (9) Veronica Varekova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:

Only 32 models were left entering the Third Round, and every match is getting more difficult to predict. In both of today’s matches, the favorite won, but it was certainly not easy! 

Our top seed, Elle Macpherson had a challenge from fellow supermodel Cindy Crawford, but Elle prevailed and ended up with over 60% of the vote.

In the other match, #9 Veronica Varekova got all she could handle, and then some, from current SI model Natasha Barnard. Natasha had a great tournament, winning 5 matches including impressively easy wins over Rachel Hunter and Isabeli Fontana. But, in the end, she was narrowly defeated by the Czech beauty, Veronica. 

So, our first Sexy Sixteen match is set: Elle Macpherson vs. Veronica Varekova. I think Elle goes into it as the favorite, but it should be a close one!

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

(16) Petra Nemcova (86.2%) defeated Angela Lindvall (13.8%)

(6) Daniela Pestova (56.3%) defeated Kim Cloutier (43.7%)

(16) Petra Nemcova and (6) Daniela Pestova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:

Angela Lindvall’s 2014 tournament started off terribly, as she only got 31% of the vote in her first Group Stage match against Zoe Duchesne. But, from there, Angela was on fire in the rest of the Group Stage, with easy wins over Carre Otis, Juliana Martins, and Maria Von Hartz. That enabled her to win Group 46, and her win over #18 Vendela Kirsebom in the Second Round of the Knockout Stage shockingly got her to this point.

Now, Angela’s magic carpet ride has come to a sudden halt.

Petra Nemcova obliterated Angela in this match, getting more than 86% of the vote and putting her stake in the ground as one of the favorites still remaining.

Petra will face fellow Czech beauty Daniela Pestova in the Sexy Sixteen. Daniela had a hard-fought win over sultry Canadian Kim Cloutier. Kim had a surprisingly great run in the 2013 tournament, and she followed that up with another great effort in 2014. Despite her “one hit wonder” status, Kim’s performances have proven that she is a very good SI model and can put a scare into any of the elite ones.

It’ll be two Czech stunners in the Sexy Sixteen: Petra Nemcova and Daniela Pestova. The winner will play the winner of Elle Macpherson and Veronica Varekova. Yes, three of the four models still remaining in the Jule Campbell Region of the bracket are from the Czech Republic! It’s a pretty small country geographically, but it’s home to some of the most beautiful women on Earth… as well as some great beer (Pilsner Urquell) and food (Czech dumplings). :) 

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

(3) Marisa Miller (65.4%) defeated Daniella Sarahyba (34.6%)

(14) Bar Refaeli (54.6%) defeated Hannah Davis (45.4%)

(3) Marisa Miller and (14) Bar Refaeli will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:

Defending champion Marisa Miller stumbled in the Group Stage, but she continues to make that a distant memory and has rolled on to the Sexy Sixteen. Marisa’s latest victim is Daniella Sarahyba, whose solid 2014 tournament run comes to an end.

In the other match, Hannah Davis rode her wave of recent fame for all it was worth, but she came up just short of the Bar (Refaeli). Hannah looks like a future contender, though.

So, it’ll be Marisa Miller vs. Bar Refaeli in the first Sexy Sixteen match in the Elaine Farley Region. It’s another epic one, and it’s nearly impossible to pick a favorite!

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

(15) Heidi Klum (53.9%) defeated Laetitia Casta (46.1%)

Sara Sampaio (57.1%) defeated Dominique Piek (42.9%)

(15) Heidi Klum and Sara Sampaio will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:

Hello, Sara Sampaio! The 2014 rookie of the year is the first rookie to reach the Sexy Sixteen in the brief 2-year history of this competition. Sara knocked off Dominique Piek, who can hold her head high after a good 2014 tournament.

Sara’s opponent in the Sexy Sixteen will be supermodel Heidi Klum, who outlasted Laetitia Casta in her match. This is Heidi’s first appearance in the Sexy Sixteen, as well.

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Julie Henderson (69.0%) defeated Yesica Toscanini (31.0%)

(13) Paulina Porizkova (56.3%) defeated Genevieve Morton (43.7%)

Julie Henderson and (13) Paulina Porizkova will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:

Julie Henderson has never been one of the more popular SI models, despite her long run in the magazine. So, I didn’t expect a run to the Sexy Sixteen, yet that’s exactly what she has now done. Well done! Yesica Toscanini was her latest victim, as the Brazilian exits the tourney after a great run of her own, including a shocking win over Stephanie Seymour last round.

In the other match, Genevieve Morton fell just short of #13 Paulina Porizkova, so Genevieve goes home after a very strong run through this year’s tourney. She was unbeaten until this match, and there’s no shame in losing to Paulina. 

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Emily Ratajkowski (64.0%) defeated (11) Christie Brinkley (36.0%)

(8) Brooklyn Decker (56.7%) defeated Hilary Rhoda (43.3%)

Emily Ratajkowski and (8) Brooklyn Decker will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:

Brooklyn Decker had been rolling along, but she got a real challenge in this match from Hilary Rhoda, whose performance in the 2014 tournament can be classified as a true surprise. Hilary had a great run, but it’s Brooklyn who moves on.

In the other match, Emily Ratajkowski became the 2nd rookie to make the Sexy Sixteen with a very impressive win over #11 Christie Brinkley. 

That sets up a fascinating Sexy Sixteen matchup between EmRata and Brooklyn. The hot-shot rookie against the legend. Who will prevail?

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in!

Cintia Dicker (55.0%) defeated (7) Irina Shayk (45.0%)

(21) Nina Agdal (61.3%) defeated (12) Kate Upton (38.7%)

Cintia Dicker and (21) Nina Agdal will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:

For the second straight year, Kate Upton has been vanquished by Nina Agdal! Nina’s win last year was considered quite a surprise, but this result confirms that we shouldn’t have been shocked at all. Nina is red hot right now, and she has to be considered one of the favorites to win the whole tournament.

Speaking of red hot, redheaded Brazilian hottie Cintia Dicker pulled off a big upset of #7 Irina Shayk. Irina had stumbled in the Group Stage, losing to another Brazilian, Jeisa Chiminazzo, and her 2014 tournament was in jeopardy. But, she made it through the Group Stage and had an easy time with Jessica Perez in her first Knockout Stage match. So, it looked unlikely that she would be beaten by Cintia. That’s what makes this tournament so much fun, though: you never quite know what will happen!

Cintia pulled out this upset, but she’ll arguably need to pull off an even bigger one in the Sexy Sixteen against Nina. Nina has been dominant so far, and I don’t think that’s going to end. We’ll see what happens, though!

Thanks for voting!

Today’s results are in, and the Sexy Sixteen is upon us!

New Sexy Sixteen matches will be posted shortly!

Hannah Ferguson (63.6%) defeated Josie Maran (36.4%)

(2) Kathy Ireland (53.3%) defeated Alyssa Miller (46.7%)

Hannah Ferguson and (2) Kathy Ireland will face each other in the Sexy Sixteen

My spin:

Hannah Ferguson joins fellow rookies Emily Ratajkowski and Sara Sampaio in the Sexy Sixteen, as the 2014 rookie class has burst onto the scene. Josie Maran was the unfortunate loser. Last year, Josie was one of the last eight models standing, but this year, she could only make it into the top 32 because of Hannah’s stellar performance.

In the other match, #2 Kathy Ireland survived another tough test, this time from Alyssa Miller. Survive and advance!

So, the Sexy Sixteen matches are:

(1) Elle Macpherson (AUS) vs. (9) Veronica Varekova (CZE)

(16) Petra Nemcova (CZE) vs. (6) Daniela Pestova (CZE)

(3) Marisa Miller (USA) vs. (14) Bar Refaeli (ISR)

(15) Heidi Klum (GER) vs. Sara Sampaio (POR)

Julie Henderson (USA) vs. (13) Paulina Porizkova (CZE)

Emily Ratajkowski (USA) vs. (8) Brooklyn Decker (USA)

Cintia Dicker (BRA) vs. (21) Nina Agdal (DEN)

Hannah Ferguson (USA) vs. (2) Kathy Ireland (USA)

Of the remaining models, there are 6 from the United States, 4 from the Czech Republic, and 1 each from Germany, Brazil, Israel, Portugal, Australia, and Denmark. Therefore, 7 countries still have a chance at national pride.

It is so difficult to predict what might happen in the Sexy Sixteen, because the field is full of unbelievable models, but I’ll try it anyway! My predictions for the Quarterfinal Round are Elle vs. Petra, Bar vs. Heidi, Paulina vs. Brooklyn, and Nina vs. Hannah. We’ll know in about a week if I was correct. :)

Do you have any thoughts or predictions?  Post and share them!

Thanks for voting!