Bellazon

Birgit Kos
Thumbnail

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

vogue.co.uk

Beauty Diary: Getting Ready With Birgit Kos
Fresh from a busy month of fashion shows, model Birgit Kos flew to London for a party to celebrate Boss The Scent Private Accord, for which she, alongside Jamie Dornan, is the face. Here, she invites British Vogue along to get ready for the big night, through her own words and with pictures by Parveen Narowalia.

"I'm usually quite quick to get ready, to be honest. First, I like to put music on just to get in the mood for a party."

"I clean my face and then I look at what I'm wearing and see if it matches with any colours make-up-wise. When I travel I always make sure I have lip balm with me, as you get dehydrated so fast on the plane. I also have my face cream with me, and Bioderma micellar water to make sure my face is properly clean."

"I usually use brown rather than black on my eyes as it’s a little softer and suits me better. I like a little definition but not too much. I really pay attention when I'm getting my make-up done. When I started modelling I didn’t know how to do foundation or blush or anything. I watch tutorials sometimes, it’s fun to experiment with it."

"I’m very indecisive about what to wear - with my boyfriend I’m like, what do you think looks the best on me? I like to get other people’s opinions, they see you a little differently than you see yourself. Sometimes I’ll even call my mum!"

"For me, one of the great things about Boss The Scent is that it’s very long lasting. So I spray it once in the morning before I go out, as a finishing touch to my look, and it lasts me all day. When I come home at the end of the day I can still smell it."

"It has been very exciting being in the Boss The Scent campaign. It’s something I’ve never done before but luckily I had a really great co-star, Jamie Dornan, who I could learn from a lot. For me the most challenging part was the acting. As models we act, but in a more static way - and this had to flow more so that was my biggest challenge. So it was really good to have someone with acting experience to learn from."

"I'm wearing the long-sleeved dress during the day, it's really comfortable. Then the black dress for the party tonight."

"It's fun to be here in London. I come quite a lot, I really like it. It feels quite a bit like my home, Zurich - how the people are, how the buildings are... It makes me feel comfortable and at home."

090a5329.jpg 5971d9e5-9fc0-40ba-a036-621d9584cb3f.jpg 631276bb-1ccd-43f7-b4d5-065c3219f942.jpg 675791f2-6907-4a8e-ad89-7213b43a33e9.jpg approved.jpg b0fe955b-5348-4981-a3cd-d2095781f762.jpg ba8f21ec-e72c-456a-bc77-632ba6cad1f5.jpg bd4731a6-6369-4a28-adc0-6a1c73d7972e.jpg birgit-kos-hugo-boss-jean-baptiste-le-mercier-_dsc4029.jpg c93c1409-ef7a-4f6d-be5d-9c9d9d3ebbe7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...