Bellazon

Lorena Rae
Thumbnail

ham147 you said they have been dating for 4 years not 10, the inference being that if they had been dating for 10 years... then... they should be married -> because it would be wrong of CJ to take 10 years to propose -> because 4 years is not too long but 10 would be -> therefore it follows that the longer you date the more inappropriate it becomes to not propose and that by saying 4 not 10, you've delineated what the boundary of appropriateness is. therefore you did not need to say "wait" or "wait 10 years", since by implication that is what any reasonable person would conclude from what you are saying. marrying young is not a problem... the people getting married are the potential problem. its a little demeaning to suggest that a young marriage wouldn't work, and it is hubris to suggest that marrying later would work out better. many of Lorena's friends are of a similar age... yet they married young. they are also of the same generation... and yet they felt that it was appropriate to get married. just because some people don't want to get married, does not mean everyone thinks the same. Lorena is from a modest background, she isn't part of the liberal elite, therefore it is perfectly reasonable to think she may have wanted to get married from a young age. Many models - despite their high profile status and presence within high society - do not share all the views of the liberal elites. They often get married young and have kids soon thereafter. how many models only got married in their mid 40s and then had kids? that's what actors do. you can see that in CJ and Lorena's posts, though they certainly are of means, they don't live like Hollywood celebs. it would be fair to conclude that they don't also share Hollywood's values.

concluding on the basis of messy divorce that 2 years is the threshold for whether the marriage will succeed or not, is prime cherry picking. Plenty of marriages succeed even when the amount of time dating was short, likewise healthy marriages can fall apart after decades, simply dating longer will not work out all the kinks or potential problems. the persons in the relationship are the ones who will make or break it. if CJ and Lorenas relationship is as healthy as SM makes it seem, then their relationship can only continue to flourish and produce more fruit. perhaps the reason these two have a healthy relationship is because while they were dating... they lived together... in a sense they acted as though they were married, and we all know that when you live with someone that is the acid test for any relationship.

You clearly aren’t understanding me so let’s agree to disagree. While an interesting topic of discussion this isn’t the place for it. I don’t want to derail the thread. I’m a newly appointed family court judge, so we aren’t going so this the same way. I have real world experience dealing with these issues, however it is hard not to take work home with you. Particularly when so many children are hurt in the process of divorce. I see couples at their worst which invariably colors my view on marriage. I’m open to discussing this further but elsewhere as this is a model forum, and I’m a stickler for rules. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

As I already conceded this was not the place for a nuanced discussion on marriage. Your crass juvenile input isn’t needed. Word of advice watch how you speak to people online. You don’t know who you’re talking or how they’ll react.

hi ham147g, you are correct, it was inappropriate to derail this thread in this way, a pm would have sufficed, my perspective is not yours, and yours is certainly valid. RIP_Cabrini_Green - watch your language. please. i will not report you comment. others might. you dont want to find yourself banned from a thread for being inappropriate.

3 hours ago, hrehe said:

hi ham147g, you are correct, it was inappropriate to derail this thread in this way, a pm would have sufficed, my perspective is not yours, and yours is certainly valid. RIP_Cabrini_Green - watch your language. please. i will not report you comment. others might. you dont want to find yourself banned from a thread for being inappropriate.

if you put the @ in front my name it tags me directly. Lmfao

Alright folks, agree to disagree on the marriage topic but that discussion ends here, further posts on the subject will be removed and I'll hand out warnings.

Ain't nobody coming to this thread to read your views on marriage and relationships. 

• 2 weeks later...