Bellazon

Lorena Rae
Thumbnail

On 12/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, Nettie said:

Why are you guys shocked? All these models and celebrities talk about empowerment and equality, and ALL they do is talk. It's pretty much a marketing tactic or an attempt to make themselves appear less shallow to their audience.

They're happy enough to preach about empowerment whenever they upload a picture of their tits, but when it comes to putting in any effort? 

20 hours ago, Nettie said:

Sure - I'm all for women showing off their body, as I'm a woman myself. What I meant was these models in particular are quick to drop in a quote about equality, being comfortable in your body and empowerment - that is totally plausible for someone who genuinely believes in those values. I don't classify myself as a feminist, but think going to a country that is notorious for violence towards women KINDA makes them hypocrites, no offence. They were quick to abandon their so called beliefs for money. I'm not really annoyed, but I can imagine others will be. 

while I do cosider myself a  feminist, I fully agree.

2 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

It does legitimize the regime. Why do you think they are paying these folks up to eight figures just to show up and post about it on their social media accounts?

It's also likely not a coincidence that five men were just sentenced to death in the Khasoggi trial (which is been described as a sham trial by any impartial international observer). Basically five members of the kill squad which was sent down to Turkey to kill and dismember him were sentenced to death but anyone who actually ordered the hit is going to walk away unpunished.

I see all of this part of a conscious P.R. strategy by the kingdom.

The regime isnt paying anybody anything. This is a private EDM festival. Since when did stepping foot in a country simply meant all of the sudden your values are contradicted? Diet Prada is shit tier. Screw them and their outrage bait nonsense. I don't buy what the media saying when their source is that stupid instagram account.

After doing some digging I found a few proper informational articles

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/12/23/instagram-influencers-partied-saudi-arabian-music-festival-no-one-mentioned-human-rights/
https://www.arabianbusiness.com/arts/435407-200000-fans-expected-to-attend-mdl-beast-festival-in-saudi-arabia

Carry on, but I still think a lot of it misplaced, there are 'problematic' regime all over the world. I think leaving them closed even when such a thing is funded by dirty money is. Isolating these countries isnt going to fix the problem. These models are usually preaching about rights and stuff. They surely care about those but they dont really care about saying when they make those public statements, its really only nothing more than virtue signaling because the media expects them to. Its just a job. The real criticism here should be towards their agents. If you want to boycott Saudi Arabia, lobby your government, not a freaking influencer.

23 hours ago, Nettie said:

Why are you guys shocked? All these models and celebrities talk about empowerment and equality, and ALL they do is talk. It's pretty much a marketing tactic or an attempt to make themselves appear less shallow to their audience.

They're happy enough to preach about empowerment whenever they upload a picture of their tits, but when it comes to putting in any effort? 

THIS 100%

Instagram is plagued with people posturing and virtue signalling to mark themselves. Why is anyone surprised that greed and self interest destroy weak convictions.

A more generous explanation, "virtue signaling" implies deliberate insincerity, is that most people don't really take ethics seriously. They might feel or act empowered, and superficially like the idea of liberal social freedoms, but like a lot of people are banal relativists when it comes to others, or are quite good at convincing themselves of exceptions.

Alternatively, their ideology is fueled by personal empowerment to such a degree that solidarity is essentially alien to them. Most conservatives (in the Anglosphere anyway) hold such individualism itself as the highest virtue; but liberals expose themselves to charges of hypocrisy when they fail to universalize their values, which is one of the many criticisms liberals receive from the right and the left.

Or they could just be like me dont give 2 fk's what is going on in other countries and would happily take the money to go there. And honestly Ive not seen Lorena with one flag or sign or say anything about all the stuff some of you seem to think she should be offended about. Issue is people seem to think everyone should care about what they do.

11 minutes ago, thumbs said:

Or they could just be like me dont give 2 fk's what is going on in other countries and would happily take the money to go there. And honestly Ive not seen Lorena with one flag or sign or say anything about all the stuff some of you seem to think she should be offended about. Issue is people seem to think everyone should care about what they do.

Lol... THANK YOU!

On 12/23/2019 at 8:22 AM, Sensual said:

What she was thinking was $$$. Frankly, I dont really see or care what the fuss is about. Arabians want to party too.

This is terrible for her brand. From being a VS Angel hopeful to this?

She doesn't even need this kind of dirty blood money with all of the baggage and stain that it brings.

There is a reason why someone is overpaying for something as simple to visit their isolated and desolate country notorious for human rights abuse and exporting terror.

Its because this country is a gross violator of Human Rights that nobody wants to visit. Its a pariah. None of these influencers would have gone on their own volition.

Tomorrow if Kim Jong Un is trying to throw a concert in Pyongyang and Lo shows up, I would laugh.

With that $$$ logic, she should also shoot for Maxim, Playboy, Penthouse, because who cares? Its all about da $$$. 

Is she so desperate for money that she needs to cavort with war criminals and rights abusers and spread their propaganda?

1 hour ago, thumbs said:

1 hour ago, MisterTJ said:

Lol... THANK YOU!

[cough]

3 hours ago, Memento Mori said:

a lot of people are banal relativists

17 hours ago, thumbs said:

Well then I hope you never find yourself on the wrong side of a bonesaw. :)

21 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well then I hope you never find yourself on the wrong side of a bonesaw. :)

THIS. It's all fun, games and money until shit hits the fan in your own backyard