Bellazon

MAC or PC?

it's not impossible to do, just takes some time. you have to close down the sockets that MS uses to watch your info flow. and you cannot ever ever use Passport, which MS uses to farm data. if you go through them, your data is stored on MS servers. nasty stuff.

Damn you paranoid :p (nothing wrong with that I am too) But I have resigned to my paranoia, you cant use google/yahoo(or any search engine for that matter) since they track your search habbits, cant use any free email service since they monitor your email and provide ads dependant on that. Can use a telephone since they will monitor all calls, cant use VOIP either since gov wants all encryption keys. Cant use a credit card since they monitor your purchases at supermarkets as well as any membership cards.

Essentialy lock yourself in your house and never leave and dont use any electronic device is the only solution. :o

Photoshop and games. What Rhett said is true. In the graphics design field, where Photoshop is mostly used, the vast majority of computers are Macs. Oddly enough, Macromedia products work better on a PC, but since Adobe bought them out, that's likely to change soon.

However, I use a PC almost exclusively. I run Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2, Premiere Pro 1.5, And the Macromedia Studio 8 products, and they run like a dream.

Games I have less experience with, but I have Guild Wars and World of Warcraft, and both run beautifully

hey, that wasn't a detour. especially for me. I have very potent detour power, which I didn't even begin to tap here.

so again, things are fairly even at this point. if you're completely apathetic about brand, then you'll likely go with PC. most Mac people are or become fervent Mac fanatics because of the community and history. if you don't care, then PC's are cheaper.

or, you could tell us your budget and what specifically you're going to do with it, and see if the g33ks in here could price out a system on both sides for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...