Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

These shoes sound amazing -- hopefully we get to see her wearing them sometime soon. I wonder if she'll be back in time for any of fashion week... Savages is more important, but do miss her presence. ;) Oliver should send out some on-set pix -- that would more than compensate. :D

People

Feb 09 2012 12:00 PM ET

Lucky Lady: Blake Lively Receives Louboutin’s Entire Spring Collection

Wednesday marked the beginning of New York Fashion Week, but last week, one of the city’s biggest fashionistas was already out and about. Speaking to PEOPLE Thursday at Godiva’s 2012 Valentine’s Day event at the Andaz 5th Avenue in New York, Blake Lively showed off a stunning Valentino ensemble, pairing the chic getup with — you guessed it — Christian Louboutin shoes.

The Gossip Girl star is known for her love of Louboutins — the designer even helps her decide which of his shoes to wear sometimes — but her latest interaction with him really takes their relationship to a new level. “My gosh, [the spring collection] was sent to my house today, and they’re so beautiful,” she revealed. “They’re amazing. I walked around my apartment wearing them.”

Her favorites? “These cage, crystal-encrusted shoes and one with a feather detail coming off of it.”

Lively, who doesn’t have a stylist, described her style muses as “women from times past: Katharine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly. I love the sophistication. I love every single detail.” Sounds like she’d love to live among them, too. “I would love if I could wear little cut-off gloves every day,” she mused. “That would make me so happy. I’d go to a grocery store in a beautiful hat with lace dripping over the eye.”

But her handbag would certainly be current. “I do love my Chanel bags,” she said. “They come with me everywhere. That’s the truth.”–Catherine Kast

Nice and fair article :)
In Defense of Blake Lively

Not content with just being a pretty face, Blake has sought out great directors and difficult material to collaborate on. Writer/director, Rebecca Miller (daughter of playwright, Arthur Miller, and wife to Oscar winner, Daniel Day-Lewis), was the first to take a chance and cast Blake in her film, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. Miller says she wasn't even aware of Blake's television career and felt that she was discovering the next great actress of her generation. She even compared her talent to Oscar winner, Jessica Lange. Blake next worked with actor/director Ben Affleck on The Town, in which she played a gritty character so far removed from what people were accustomed to seeing that audiences and critics started to wonder if there was more to her than originally suspected. This fall brings her work with celebrated director, Oliver Stone. The film, Savages, which takes place in a world of drugs and kidnapping is another far cry from her Park Avenue Princess role on television. It seems that she is determined to challenge herself and grow as an actress. ...........

.........She could very easily take the easy way to stardom and appear in brainless rom-coms that ask nothing more of her than to be beautiful. But, she is actually seeking out work that will help her grow as an artist. Soderbergh must have seen something in her to cast her in the first place. Hopefully, she'll be able to showcase what she has to offer so we can accurately judge her abilities as an actress.

When you rise to fame on the success of a teenage soap opera, it can be hard to break out of that mold and be able to portray substantial, adult roles. Luckily Blake has a patron saint; someone who paved the way for what she's attempting. After all, ten years ago, three-time Academy Award nominee, Michelle Williams, was still just that blonde girl from 'Dawson's Creek'.

Source

Needless to say I agree with these sentiments completely, but it's nice to see another opinion piece like this. :)

Someone tweeted today that they saw her at the airport in the Philippines, but I can't tell if it is recent sighting or not. But hopefully she's on her way back to catch some part of Fashion Week (or Valentine's Day :D)...

Speaking of fashion, I did not realize the Valentino outfit she wore to the Godiva event was a dress with a skirt over it.

Telegraph

Making an improbable comeback with three sightings this month already, skirts over dresses (hereafter known as the SOD) seems to be a new micro-trend creeping into the wardrobes of some of fashion's most trusted style leaders and against all odds, the finished look of this potential mish-mash can be rather effective.

'Gossip Girl' actress Blake Lively kicked off the movement on February 1 by when she stepped out in a cream lace Valentino dress, with a powder blue skirt over the top. It looked pretty and feminine: so far, so successful.

post-43201-0-1446092653-18264_thumb.png

Haha, I just got home and was gonna post the scans. Got my copy today, quite heavy too and dare I say, she even looks hotter in the magazine pics than in the scans. Lovely, lovely interview too... my favorite parts were:

Oliver Stone knew Lively was up to the task, based on her work in Rebecca Miller's little-seen 2009 gem, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. "That scene where she slaps her mother?" he says. "God, that stood out."

...In a sign of how far she's come, Stone acknowledges that Lively actively lobbied for her character to go in a more hopeful direction than was written on the page. "We had a couple of sit-downs and hammered it out," the director says. "Blake is very specific. One day she'll probably be a director." Of her work in Savages, he says, "She wants to go as far from what's inside of her as possible. She'll surprise people."

and

"I'm a person that takes time with everything I do. And if I make a decision, it's because I'm incredibly confident in it. I'm not a rash person. I really like to live by delayed gratification. I think if you really put something off that feels right and-like a great soup- the more you let something marinate, the better it is. If I decided to do something, that's no one's business but my own, and I'm proud of the decision I made."

It really a great interview (although you can sense a bit of condescension from the writer), of course you can trust the tabs to extract the salacious parts of the interview and present it without context like that comment about the people hitting on her, it makes soo much sense with the background story surrounding it.

Sigh... she's such a great girl and wonderfully headstrong and decisive- no whining for her, I aksi love how she came off with an edge in this interview, you can tell she doesn't let people just walk all over her.

I also love how incredibly confident of her Oliver is, he admires her so much and sounds like such a proud papa. It really is nice to see that he, like the rest of the industry, doesn't judge her by the quality of her work on GG but on the wonderful work she's done in indies. Really can't wait to see her output in Savages.

Oh! Amie, you are a lucky one. I'll just have the magazine in late February. It is in fact a great interview. Blake has become a mature woman, talented and very intelligent. Now I understand when they say Blake is very mature. She really is very mature for her age.

I'm really looking forward for "Savage" I have a feeling that will be a great movie.

I just wanted to say thank you for the scans! :flower: I picked up a copy of Elle yesterday and Amie is right, the pix look even better in the mag itself. The interview is smart, interesting, and fun, like the woman herself. :D

I thought this was cute...

"I've been lucky to have my dad as my Valentine for years," Blake tells Life & Style. "He takes me out to get chocolate and a teddy bear and flowers and a nice note. You don't need anything more than that."

The 24-year-old actress clearly loves her parents - almost as much as she loves chocolate! On Feb. 1, the Gossip Girl star brought her parents, Elaine and Ernie, as her dates to Godiva's Sweetest Story Ever Told Sweepstakes event.

While her parents romantically fed each other chocolates, Blake told Life & Style her favorite sweet treat is "chocolate-covered strawberries. And everything with caramel -- and the square bars."

The avid chocolate lover continued, "I always have to have chocolate on hand, or it's a bad day." Don't get between a girl and her chocolate!

In more dubious tweets/sightings news, I saw a couple tweets from a person in Malaysia who seems to work for a large hotel there that made it sound like she had possibly seen Blake (and Ryan) there, but between the language barrier and the brevity it was hard to make sense of it. :p

Happy Valentine's :heart:

Happy Valentine's Day to all. :wub2: :hug:

This is so boring without news. I hope she is enjoying very well these days. She deserves it. :blush:

Some photos from today's episode of GG. As always boring.

:laugh: Tell me about it. I still watch GG with the sound off. :ninja: Looks like she's back in town at least... any Fashion Week events still to come that she might attend, or is it pretty much over?

diego @_d_m_c

Just saw Blake Lively in Eataly. Wow. Gorgeous.

3:32 PM - 13 Feb 12 via TweetDeck

Claire Brandow @cbrandow

Dear self, way to hold your shit together while Ryan Reynolds stepped around you at the Eataly cheese case. Impressive restraint!

7:59 PM - 13 Feb 12 via Twitter for iPhone

Hayley Saxton @hayleysaxton

seeing Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively last night just reminds me how short I really am.

9:21 AM - 14 Feb 12 via web

Izzy Ruiz @InzatiableIz

SPOTTED: Ryan Reynolds canoodling with Blake LIvely on the Silvercup set of #GossipGirl #ihaveeyeseverywhere

9:57 AM - 14 Feb 12 via web :wub:

There were a couple sightings of Ryan at the Grammy's and one of Blake, but somehow I doubt they were there because no pix to be had (I think they were mistaking Adam Levine for Ryan :p).

The Enquirer's "Penny is a diva" story is making its way around the world... nothing new, but at least they used good pix (and still hilarious ;)).

Famous (AUS)

In other, uh, animal 'news'... you just know Savages is gonna be awesome -- even the 'cats' have Oliver Stone stories :laugh:

vibe & vision✨ @vibenvision

On set 2day w/ some cats that worked on Savages with Oliver Stone and hearing some funny stories about him...

Thanks everyone . Happy V-day :heart:

Happy Valentine's :heart:

Izzy Ruiz @InzatiableIz

SPOTTED: Ryan Reynolds canoodling with Blake LIvely on the Silvercup set of #GossipGirl #ihaveeyeseverywhere

9:57 AM - 14 Feb 12 via web :wub:

aww ..Such a sweet boyfriend :wub:

BLAKE LIVELY Gets Restraining Order Against Obsessed Fan

Blake Lively just got a restraining order against a fan she claims was lurking around the set of "Gossip Girl" -- a fan who claims to have a "metaphysical" connection with the actress and was there "to help me heal."

The fan -- Sergei Mifle -- allegedly made repeated contact with Blake's mom, telling her he was "deeply concerned" about her daughter and claimed he needed to help her because she was troubled.

Blake says in her declaration she's fearful about her personal safety and the safety of her mother.

The judge issued the restraining order, which prohibits Mifle from coming anywhere near the actress or her mom.

Link http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/14/blake-lively...ed-fan-stalker/

Okay, which one of you ladies was this :laugh: :

BLAKE LIVELY Gets Restraining Order Against Obsessed Fan

Blake Lively just got a restraining order against a fan she claims was lurking around the set of "Gossip Girl" -- a fan who claims to have a "metaphysical" connection with the actress and was there "to help me heal."

The fan -- Sergei Mifle -- allegedly made repeated contact with Blake's mom, telling her he was "deeply concerned" about her daughter and claimed he needed to help her because she was troubled.

Blake says in her declaration she's fearful about her personal safety and the safety of her mother.

The judge issued the restraining order, which prohibits Mifle from coming anywhere near the actress or her mom.

TMZ

Lol just kidding... <_<

...it's actually really scary though :ninja: Hope she's safe.