Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

I hope so too. I think it's really important to Blake that this film is a success and especially this interpretation must be really amazing.

Otherwise, people who do not appreciate Blake will get wild in the criticism and judgments. Usually nothing prevents them from being unpleasant.

She did not really need that.

This film is perhaps a turning point for Blake.

Croisons les doigts

I hope so too. I think it's really important to Blake that this film is a success and especially this interpretation must be really amazing.

Otherwise, people who do not appreciate Blake will get wild in the criticism and judgments. Usually nothing prevents them from being unpleasant.

Croisons les doigts

Yh I think this movie is important for her atm. She hasn't really had a "hit" since The Town. Plus the whole Steven Soderberg movie debacle hasn't helped.

I hope Savages is closer to the success of Inglorious Basterds - in terms of box office and critics. I'm not saying it's going to win an Oscar but I hope it's a surprise hit.

With GG ending soon and not having any movies booked; if Savages is successful it will reinvigorate her choices (like what the town did for her).

In terms of TV actresses (especially from a teen show) she is way ahead of the pack - considering that she has thus far consistently managed to book great work whilst committing 10/12 months to GG. I mean look at all the rest of the fan favourites (e.g Leighton and Nina Dobrev) who are supposedly the much better actresses yet are not even getting good movie roles.

The only other person in the same position as Blake has been Olivia Wilde - the only difference being that Olivia had the benefit of boarding an already established critically successful drama and also having more time to do movies because she isn't the lead. However Blake has managed to make more of her opportunities despite doing little movie work; where as Olivia seems to be in everything but is never really memorable (no offence).

So I think the next 2 years will be make it or break for her. Once GG is out of the way she will have time to really audition and commit her time to projects. That's when we can really find out if she can make it in the "big leagues" lol. Obviously I think she has it in her to be great, but I think she needs to step up her game on every level - acting, style, image, pr etc. Otherwise she may not be able to shake off the "TV" actress stigma.

Blake will appear on Letterman Thursday, June 28.

Making sure to get in some time in acknowledgement of her many fans, Blake Lively was spotted outside the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City on Tuesday afternoon (June 26).

The “Gossip Girl” beauty looked perfect in a peach knee-length dress and silver heels as she was seen signing autographs and posing for pictures before heading inside to pre-tape an appearance on the “Late Show with David Letterman” - which will be airing this Thursday, June 28th.

http://www.gossipcenter.com/blake-lively/blake-livelys-peachy-late-show-pre-taping-session-686255

Croisons les doigts

Yh I think this movie is important for her atm. She hasn't really had a "hit" since The Town. Plus the whole Steven Soderberg movie debacle hasn't helped.

I hope Savages is closer to the success of Inglorious Basterds - in terms of box office and critics. I'm not saying it's going to win an Oscar but I hope it's a surprise hit.

With GG ending soon and not having any movies booked; if Savages is successful it will reinvigorate her choices (like what the town did for her).

In terms of TV actresses (especially from a teen show) she is way ahead of the pack - considering that she has thus far consistently managed to book great work whilst committing 10/12 months to GG. I mean look at all the rest of the fan favourites (e.g Leighton and Nina Dobrev) who are supposedly the much better actresses yet are not even getting good movie roles.

The only other person in the same position as Blake has been Olivia Wilde - the only difference being that Olivia had the benefit of boarding an already established critically successful drama and also having more time to do movies because she isn't the lead. However Blake has managed to make more of her opportunities despite doing little movie work; where as Olivia seems to be in everything but is never really memorable (no offence).

So I think the next 2 years will be make it or break for her. Once GG is out of the way she will have time to really audition and commit her time to projects. That's when we can really find out if she can make it in the "big leagues" lol. Obviously I think she has it in her to be great, but I think she needs to step up her game on every level - acting, style, image, pr etc. Otherwise she may not be able to shake off the "TV" actress stigma.

I am tottaly agree with you. I also think that she must step up her game. Nothing is gained. Blake is a smart women and she must make thoughtful choices. But this implies that Blake enjoys new opportunities. I sometimes feel that whatever she does she will always be more severly criticized another actress who also has to prove himself. But maybe I'm wrong.

It is not just a pretty woman, she is much more than that.

Finally we'll see how things will happen to it after completing GG. The important thing is she is happy.