Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

Thanks for the pix and news! :flower: Some Savages bits...

Don Winslow ‏ @donwinslow 8:08 AM - 1 May 12

Savages | http://EW.com "''It's just a wholesome story about drugs, sex, and violence..." http://bit.ly/ITHpxO @EW

Movie Preview

Savages (2012)

Blake Lively and Taylor Kitsch star in the drug film, directed by Oliver Stone, based on Don Winslow's novel

By Tim Stack | May 01, 2012

Details Release Date: Jul 06, 2012; Rated: R; Genre: Drama; With: Emile Hirsch, Aaron Johnson, Taylor Kitsch, Blake Lively and Uma Thurman...; Distributor: Universal Pictures

''It's just a wholesome story about drugs, sex, and violence,'' says Blake Lively of Savages. To be more specific, director/co-writer Oliver Stone's action thriller follows two best pals and marijuana growers, Chon (John Carter's Taylor Kitsch) and Ben (Kick-Ass' Aaron Johnson), who run afoul of a Mexican cartel leader named Elena (Salma Hayek) seeking to control the guys' crop of superstrong weed. Ben and Chon wind up declaring war on the cartel after Elena and her henchman (Benicio Del Toro) kidnap Ophelia (Lively), a Laguna Beach hippie who's in a relationship with both Ben and Chon.

''It's not wholly an action film,'' says Stone of the $48 million movie, which is based on the acclaimed 2010 novel by Don Winslow. ''It's a full-blown epic story of greed, violence, the border, the drugs, the relationships, the values of people.''

Despite Ophelia's sordid love life, Lively (Gossip Girl) insists her character is no mere sex object. ''The thing that's empowering about this is that she's choosing,'' says the actress. ''They're best friends and they all love each other, and then they also all have sex with each other, too!'' And though Lively spends much of the film as a kidnap victim, Stone urged her to train for her action scenes. ''I went to the gun range and my first three shots were right in the center target,'' says the actress. ''[The crew] knew not to sass me, because I was packing.''

LOL I like sassy Blake. :D

Universal cut a new trailer for Latino audiences, with some brief glimpses of different scenes from the original trailer. The Savages part starts at 1:05:

Deadline

They also showed an extended cut of the trailer at last week's CinemaCon in Las Vegas -- nice reaction here... :D

elisabeth sereda ‏ @elisabethsereda Apr 26

After having seen an extended trailer for #Savages there is hope that #BlakeLively WILL be saved from that dreadful TVshow...by #OliverStone

I disagree that Serena doesn't deserve Blake's best work. He acting reflects on her moreso than the project she is working on. She's made a commitment and must bring her all to the table, Blake is doing just that. Have been since season one

I agree about the latest Gossip Girl episode. Serena is in a dark place but I get it, I tend to get Serena's pov despite the horrible writing, due to Blake's ability as an actress.

I've watched the past couple episodes and I'll say it again, the cartoonish characters are entertaining in small doses but they wear out their welcome pretty fast. I feel for Serena, and even Nate, more than the others, because they're not so over the top (or smug like that dork Dan -- and please, can they groom him a little better? It's New York City -- even struggling writers are more stylish than that mess :p). And it's hard to take your eyes off Serena. She exudes a natural charisma -- nothing forced about it.

Blake did seem under the weather in the last epi (IIRC, it was filmed around the same time she attending the first the Savages screening in NJ), but her weariness suited the role. Serena is tired of chasing down GG and trying to keep up with the games (oh, and I guess she's longing for Dan, but I don't know why :p). Anyway, it looks like the GG exec producer is leaving to run Smash -- will be interesting to see if that improves the situation (if they go for a sixth season).

Old pics from SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS 2 -Promotional Images.

Never seen this photos before. She is gorgeous.

http://blakelivelyweb.com/pictures/display...p_display_media

Oh wow, those are beautiful. :D Thanks!

So sweet . RR with his mother as a child :hiro:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/532685_347539215299674_308775269176069_868408_1500956798_n.jpg

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

Edited by PinkCouture

"With Blake lively :) #lastday #blakelively"

post-60229-1335973438_thumb.jpg

Aw, Blake with his sister! Beautiful! <33 :hiro:

Please do not post information promoting yourself, for-profit sites; external boards, blogs, websites, etc. ~PC

Edited by PinkCouture

Aww!!! Ryan is adorable :)

Lainey wrote another article, she's being nicer this time, talking about how Ry & Blake are looking completely in love. I knew this one would last, even during Green Lantern press conferences she would always talk about how sweet & kind he was. They should just get married already!!!!

Maybe you girls could answer this for me, even in this article, Lainey insinuates that Blake was more "gossipy/played Leo". I have no idea what kind of information she gets. From what I can tell, Blake isn't the type of girl to use a guy for fame, she is already really popular thanks to GG/Chanel. It's not like she got any job out of it... she hasn't signed on to a project since they broke up so it obviously wasn't for her career. I think what really happened was just a normal relationship. Liked each other, went out, then realized they had different values/wanted different things/got bored of each other so they broke up.... From what I can tell, Leo seems really happy with his new girl, and Blake and Ryan are obviously completely in love.

Am I missing something... why does Lainey think she's some kind of fame whore? She seems more like the type who wants to settle down and raise kids, not date random actors and go out to clubs. I'm effing confused. Her articles always get me so mad.

With all due respect this is a BLAKE forum <_<

Haven't posted in a while and I appreciate she's been low key now for whatever reason. Good for her

I actually hope shes working on her French/reading sripts while decorating

But its slightly tiresome when you think we have news on her its someone posting Ryan pics/news

I get some people are fans of Ryan and all, but he does NOT define Blake. No b-friend does

I similar to Arya (sic) would prefer to hear about her work/fashion. I wish like others actresses this could focus more on her as an individual not on Blyan/Rake whateva

Not an upteenth post about how cute she and Ryan are. If they split some 2 or 3 this board are going to need therapy! :laugh:

And Lainey does not know squat. She obsesses about Blake because it brings hits/moolah to her site :yuckky:

With all due respect, I believe everyone here knows this is a Blake forum, but it's not like her friends, family, etc. have ever been off topic. Most of the posts have been about Blake, Hick, Savages, GG, etc. (and Anil has posted many beautiful pix of Blake and other info), but you chose to ignore those. If you want to see posts about Blake's work, try contributing something yourself. :whistle:

Thank you Anil, that's such a cute picture of Ryan. :flower: And thank you to everyone who contributes news, photos, etc. It is much appreciated. :yes:

Oliver Stone has a great new site with many beautiful behind-the-scenes pictures of 'Savages'... :clap:

The Oliver Stone Experience

New Twitter and Facebook accounts:

SavagesFilm

@Savages

@TheOliverStone

Official Site

More 'Savages' promo in the works...

Jake Hamilton ‏ @JakesTakes 1:35 PM - 4 May 12

Just booked SAVAGES interviews with Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Johnson, Blake Lively, John Travolta, Benecio Del Toro, Salma Hayek & Oliver Stone!

An extended trailer for Savages was shown at the annual CinemaCon in Las Vegas last week... liked this reaction :D

elisabeth sereda ‏ @elisabethsereda from Las Vegas, NV 5:27 PM - 26 Apr 12

After having seen an extended trailer for #Savages there is hope that #BlakeLively WILL be saved from that dreadful TVshow...by #OliverStone

A couple new clips from 'Hick'...

MTV Exclusive

In less happy news lol.... looks like Gossip Girl Season 6 is a go. :p No word on full or half season yet...

GG Writers

To end on a happy note (for those interested, of course ;)), Blake and Ryan seem to be going stronger than ever. :heart:

Ehyy girls! :mad:

So sorry for the absence, but I had to study for my exams. :blush: Plus I'm out of town this weekend! Two days till my birthday... I'm so excited! :D

Thanks for all the pics and the tweets :blush:

So sweet . RR with his mother as a child :pinch:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/532685_347539215299674_308775269176069_868408_1500956798_n.jpg

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

Aww oh gosh, this pic is super cute! :laugh:

With all due respect, I believe everyone here knows this is a Blake forum, but it's not like her friends, family, etc. have ever been off topic. Most of the posts have been about Blake, Hick, Savages, GG, etc. (and Anil has posted many beautiful pix of Blake and other info), but you chose to ignore those. If you want to see posts about Blake's work, try contributing something yourself. :whistle:

Totally agree with you :mad:

To end on a happy note (for those interested, of course ;)), Blake and Ryan seem to be going stronger than ever. :laugh:

Honestly, I'm really interested! :laugh: Soo happy for them! :mad:

Thank you girls for photos and other news :laugh: .

I watched two, three times the trailer of savages , Blake is really beautiful.

Hopefully Blake will be more job opportunities :) . I'm glad things seem to go well with Ryan :wub:

I have a feeling she won't be going :( I hope I'm wrong.

I also think Blake will not be present :(

I have the impression that this is a moment that we haven't seen Blake in a public demonstration . I think his mindset to evolve in this area.

Blake is even more strict and selective than in the past regarding these public appearances

I think these appearances will be limited to professional obligations. But maybe I am wrong.

^But none of them were professional obligations before, right?? I mean its something shes done quite a bit in the past goign to fashion events, so why would she stop now?? :blink:

Sorry :o I'm probably not explained properly. I have more trouble expressing my ideas and thoughts in English. This is not my usual language of expression.

I think Blake will be limited only to public appearances in connection with the promotion of films and fewer events related to fashion or others.

But as I said that I may be totally wrong.

Sorry I gave the impression that this was a criticism or judgment.