Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

'Gossip Girl' Likely to Be Renewed for Shortened 6th Season'

"Gossip Girl" will likely be renewed for a shortened sixth and final season, according to an individual close to the production.

The CW drama is expected to return for a reduced number of episodes like fellow CW drama "One Tree Hill" did for its final season, the individual said.

A spokesman for the network said that CW has not yet made a decision about picking up any of its scripted shows for next year.

Given its low ratings, the show is seen as perpetually on the bubble. "Gossip Girl" averaged 1.7 million viewers, and a 1.9 rating in the women 18-34 demo, this year. That's a far cry from the 2.35 million viewers the show averaged in its debut season.

But renewal could be more palatable to the network because all of the show's stars, including Blake Lively, Ed Westwick, Chace Crawford, and Leighton Meester, are under contract for another season. That will spare CW the potentially costly ordeal of re-negotiating salaries.

"Gossip Girl" centers on the romances, trysts and social rivalries of a group of privileged young adults living in the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

The series celebrated its 100th episode in January. At the time, the show's producers expressed optimism that "Gossip Girl" would be back with more rivalries and bed-hopping.

"We're not writing a series finale this year," Executive Producer Stephanie Savage told zap2it.

I'm happy about this not because I want Blake to go off and do more movies or become a movie star or anything like that, if anything television work is more palatable because it ensures a steady source of income. However, the shoddy writing and the illogical storylines have reached a peak that is frankly too embarrassing for all involved.

Moreover, Blake's character Serena is one of the most underserved and bizarrely written characters in recent history. That Blake is able to get through filming of an episode with a straight face is a serious testament to her professionalism I swear.

Welcome to new members. Deyepee and Arya :wave: I am very happy for you if you have joined us.

We're one big family. It is love of BLake that unites us. :grouphug:

By the way where is our girl? :drool: No news

The renewal of GG do not know if I'm happy or sad. If the writers will do the same crap they did in season 5 is best run out already. :clobber:

"Gossip Girl" will likely be renewed for a shortened sixth and final season, according to an individual close to the production.

The CW drama is expected to return for a reduced number of episodes like fellow CW drama "One Tree Hill" did for its final season, the individual said.

A spokesman for the network said that CW has not yet made a decision about picking up any of its scripted shows for next year.

Given its low ratings, the show is seen as perpetually on the bubble. "Gossip Girl" averaged 1.7 million viewers, and a 1.9 rating in the women 18-34 demo, this year. That's a far cry from the 2.35 million viewers the show averaged in its debut season.

But renewal could be more palatable to the network because all of the show's stars, including Blake Lively, Ed Westwick, Chace Crawford, and Leighton Meester, are under contract for another season. That will spare CW the potentially costly ordeal of re-negotiating salaries.

"Gossip Girl" centers on the romances, trysts and social rivalries of a group of privileged young adults living in the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

The series celebrated its 100th episode in January. At the time, the show's producers expressed optimism that "Gossip Girl" would be back with more rivalries and bed-hopping.

"We're not writing a series finale this year," Executive Producer Stephanie Savage told zap2it.

I'm happy about this not because I want Blake to go off and do more movies or become a movie star or anything like that, if anything television work is more palatable because it ensures a steady source of income. However, the shoddy writing and the illogical storylines have reached a peak that is frankly too embarrassing for all involved.

Moreover, Blake's character Serena is one of the most underserved and bizarrely written characters in recent history. That Blake is able to get through filming of an episode with a straight face is a serious testament to her professionalism I swear.

THANK GOODNESS!!

I love the show, but its gotten so ridiculous and far fetched. I think its holding blake and the other stars down. Good thing its gonna be a short season!

Welcome to new members. Deyepee and Arya :wave: I am very happy for you if you have joined us.

We're one big family. It is love of BLake that unites us. :grouphug:

By the way where is our girl? :drool: No news

The renewal of GG do not know if I'm happy or sad. If the writers will do the same crap they did in season 5 is best run out already. :clobber:

Thank u I'm a big, big fan....my love for her is crazy I cant describe it. Anyway I love this site........will be visiting everyday

Thanks for all the pix, tweets and the video! :flower: Welcome Arya, Ritzy, and deyepee. :wave:

And thank you soooooo much for the birthday wishes. :grouphug: (I don't usually mention birthdays, unless there's cake involved :ninja: , but I'm glad I did :D)

"Gossip Girl" will likely be renewed for a shortened sixth and final season, according to an individual close to the production. ....

Hallelujah and Amen (and another b-day wish granted. ;) ) I hoped that's what would happen.... a full on cancellation would look bad and put the crew out of work immediately. With a shortened season, they will get a chance to go out gracefully and everyone will have time to adjust. Lets see what the writers do with the episodes they have left... maybe having fewer to write and a definitive end in sight will give them more time and help sharpen their focus.

Hi Yamile :D

I guess this is an old video from GG on-set. But we have no other news so lets just enjoy those...Legs, legs, legs :whistle:

I just realized I've never seen Penny in action -- she's even cuter than her pictures. :yes:

Some sightings . They always have a lot of things to do at weekends. :laugh:

Jarrod Spector ‏ @jarrodspector

Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively in the audience tonight--stayed through the curtain call and fundraising speech to the very end. Pretty cool.

Alle☮Golubow♎ ‏ @alllle26

OH MY FUCKING GOD, stood two feet away from ryan rendols and blake lively

That awkward moment where ryan rendols knows you stalk him & busts you taking a pic #stalkerforlife