Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

I'm not reading much in the way of news, but I gather the role went to someone else. I can understand that, it happens all the time, but the way this went down was really unfair to Blake. If the money people wanted a bigger "star," they had a responsibility to make it known before they signed on to Soderbergh's casting choices. I know I won't be seeing this movie, or any movie associated with these people. My small little protest. :p

Agreed, from what I've read the role is going to Rooney Mara. It's not even that this role went to someone else which happens and there have been lots of roles Blake has been up for that has gone to another actress, but it is the way this happens that is cruel to her. Blake was signed on round about the time financing was agreed so I'm sure everyone must have been aware who Soderbergh chose as his lead actress so to then take it away from her weeks later like this. Not even fair to her. She should have been told there would be this much drama before putting her through this. I can't remember the last Soderbergh film I saw, so I guess that won't be changing with this either.

But one thing we shouldn't forget or let get lost in the other chatter: we know his first choice was Blake, and not whomever they cast. ;) He has had a lot more hits than misses when it comes to the young actors he's chosen to work with over the years. It's a shame Blake didn't get a chance to be one of them with this film, but her day will come. Onto Savages...

I hope her day does come sooner rather than later as she has taken so much over these past few years. Savages would be a good place to start. Maybe there will also be another good project for her down the line.

It was very unnecessary and cruel. They knew the cast Soderbergh had picked when they agreed to finance. And might I add Channing Tatum has had many opportunities to demonstrate his acting abilities in major films, and... well, you just know this wasn't about acting. ;) It was about box office. Rooney's people probably went around Soderbergh to the finance people about the same time as the Oscar nom and Haywire not doing well at the box office. Typical power play. I do think it's interesting that there is still a question about financing... maybe Soderbergh doesn't want to work with Annapurna and is looking for better offers. ;) I hope at the very least he puts in a good word for his first choice with everyone he can. And let me just say I'd take any of Blake's early films over Nightmare on Elm Street remake. It's all about getting a break...

She should just use this upcoming break to take time to travel the world, France maybe to finish up her French lessons/polish her French... England? China? I don't mind if we don't get many pics of her so long as she's able to do her own thing and get herself together.

She's always been level-headed and she's always been a fighter and for all we know this could have been a blessing in disguise for her. Who knows what opportunities that may arise because of this? We really can never predict where an actor's big break is gonna come from and it may come from something else we aren't paying attention to right now. The fact that she was Soderbergh's first choice is out there and that speaks volumes really. It shows Hollywood is paying attention and if anything, Rooney Mara's the one picking up Blake's leftovers.

I was depressed at first but Blake's tenacity is one of the reasons I'll always be a fan. If she let this go, we should let it go as well.

I'm upset that she didn't get the role. I was actually super interested in this film, as I am a fan of the director, and all the actors, and its ashame they replaced her.

I am sure she'll get a movie role soon enough though :) So there is no need to fret too much.

I promised myself not to read the comments today. But ... Apparently the opposite of what I think people are angry . Here are some:

blake was great as a drug addict in town. so she has experience

That's too bad. She was great in The Town!

It really is disrespectful of her career for that story to get out before all the particulars were worked out. all the rumors started about the company that pulled out before she had signed on to play the character was unfair. This more than likely happens more often than not, a studio wants one star , the director another and the producer another.

All because little trust fund baby gurls didn't want to invest in a movie because of a jealous rage over blake?

wow. im not going to see this movie anymore. i think by the producer kneeling to these girls who have NO class and perpetrating the problem in hollywood is sick.

this is why movies suck now. its all controlled by losers!

More for us! :ddr: :dance:

EXCLUSIVE: Looks like Universal Pictures smells a summer hit in Savages, the Oliver Stone-directed adaptation of the bestselling Don Winslow novel. After screening a cut late last week, the studio has moved the film up to a July 6 slot. It had been scheduled to be released September 28. That puts it right in the heat of the summer with a shot at counter-programming against the tent poles. Sony opens The Amazing Spider-Man on July 4 and Fox’s Ice Age sequel opens July 13 (along with the Universal-distributed Seth MacFarlane-directed comedy Ted). The Dark Knight Rises follows on July 17.

Scripted by Shane Salerno & Winslow & Stone, the film focuses on Ben (Aaron Johnson) and Chon (Taylor Kitsch), two pot growers who refuse to knuckle under to a Mexan cartel and then have to find a way out after the cartel kidnaps the free-spirited girl they share (Blake Lively), who’ll be killed if the pot growers don’t capitulate and pay a huge ransom. They do it by ripping off the cartel’s shipments, a most dangerous game. The film also stars Benicio Del Toro, freshly Oscar-nominated Demian Bichir, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Emile Hirsch, Twilight Saga’s Mia Maestro and Salma Hayek. Simon & Schuster recently announced it would publish a prequel novel by Winslow to coincide with the film’s fall release and it will be interesting to see if the publisher moves up the book to summer. Moritz Borman and Eric Kopeloff are producing and Salerno is exec producer.

The move gives Universal two summer films starring former Friday Night Lights star Kitsch, who opens in Battleship on May 18. He opens in Disney’s John Carter on March 9.

Deadline

We should be getting a trailer not too long now.

More for us! :ddr: :dance:
EXCLUSIVE: Looks like Universal Pictures smells a summer hit in Savages, the Oliver Stone-directed adaptation of the bestselling Don Winslow novel. After screening a cut late last week, the studio has moved the film up to a July 6 slot. It had been scheduled to be released September 28. That puts it right in the heat of the summer with a shot at counter-programming against the tent poles. Sony opens The Amazing Spider-Man on July 4 and Fox’s Ice Age sequel opens July 13 (along with the Universal-distributed Seth MacFarlane-directed comedy Ted). The Dark Knight Rises follows on July 17.

:clap: :clap: Awesome news! And I get a kick every time I see that pic of Blake and Benicio. :D

Saw a couple tweets that Blake might be in Madrid (?!), but they were in Spanish and I couldn't make heads or tails of the Babelfish translation :p

Thanks for the news girls :)

Saw a couple tweets that Blake might be in Madrid (?!), but they were in Spanish and I couldn't make heads or tails of the Babelfish translation :p

From Celebuzz:

MADRID, SPAIN - JANUARY 31: Actor Ryan Reynolds attends 'Safe House' (El Invitado) photocall at Villamagna Hotel on January 31, 2012 in Madrid, Spain.

I'm not sure... but maybe she's with him :blush:

Thanks for the news girls :)

From Celebuzz:

MADRID, SPAIN - JANUARY 31: Actor Ryan Reynolds attends 'Safe House' (El Invitado) photocall at Villamagna Hotel on January 31, 2012 in Madrid, Spain.

I'm not sure... but maybe she's with him :blush:

Other tweets have her filming GG today. They're outside so hopefully we get pix. :) Ryan is going to be on a talk show in Madrid and I think the Spanish tweets are asking the host to ask him about Blake. ;)

Oh! poor thing she is sure to pass a bad phase.

Whenever Blake has a problem the parents come to her.

MoniTurki Moniera Alsaud

Just saw blake lively!

MoniTurki Moniera Alsaud

Blake lively's parents are very sweet!

MoniTurki Moniera Alsaud

@iHeartKaroline yes she was with her parents they were shooting gossip girl in nyc!

Yeah I was coming here just to post those tweets. Urgh, she must be so sad that she needs her parents at this time... sending major positive vibes her way: You are strong Blake!

No matter what anyone anywhere says, we should all just continue to act with class and grace just like we and Blake always have.

She is not having an easy time of this now, but she will get over this eventually. I hope she has the last laugh.

A tiny bit more about Savages - Hollywood Reporter

Universal made the move after screening the film last week. One studio insider said the movie, with its decidedly hard R rating, is more along the lines of a Pulp Fiction than a film like Traffic (Pulp Fiction stars John Travolta and Uma Thurman also star in Savages).

That's the first I've read about it being an R rating.

Oh yeah, I've read the book and there's no way it was going to escape an R rating only if they watered down the source material. There's a, um... particularly steamy scene which I don't know if it made the movie or not but it's very OMG and it has a lot of violence and knowing Oliver Stone he probably jacked up the violence too.