Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

Omggggg I totally love and ADORE Catherine Zeta Jones :woot: obviously Soderbergh does too since this is the third movie after Traffic and Ocean's Twelve that they'll be working together on.

Two of my favorite ladies in this film, it's almost too good to be true :yes:

EXCLUSIVE: Catherine Zeta-Jones has been set to star in Side Effects, the thriller that Steven Soderbergh will direct. She joins Blake Lively, Jude Law and Channing Tatum, who are also negotiating. The Scott Z. Burns scripted film is being financed by Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures, with production to start in April in New York on a thriller that has a budget in the $30 million range. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing with Greg Jacobs and Burns. Open Road recently signed on to distribute in the U.S.

The film is a potboiler in the Jagged Edge-Basic Instinct mold, and Zeta-Jones will play Dr. Erica Siebert. Lively plays a troubled and depressed woman who is taking serious amounts of prescription drugs, which leads her into a relationship with another doctor (Law). Her intake is ostensibly designed to help her deal with the anxiety surrounding the pending release of her husband (Tatum) from prison. Burns wrote it several years ago and set it up at Miramax under the title The Side Effects, intending to direct it but never getting there because of his busy scripting schedule that included the Soderbergh projects Contagion, The Informant! and Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Zeta-Jones and Soderbergh previously worked together on Traffic. Her latest film, the Stephen Frears-directed Lay the Favorite, premiered this week at the Sundance Film Festival and a distribution deal is expected shortly. Her upcoming projects include Playing the Field with Gerard Butler, Rock of Ages and Broken City, the latter of which stars Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe and is now shooting. Zeta-Jones is repped by WME.

*ETA* :(

Annapurna ankles 'Side Effects'

Banner backs out of Soderbergh thriller plans with Open Road

By RACHEL ABRAMS

Despite a release last week from distributor Open Road, it appears that Annapurna Pictures will not be financing Steven Soderbergh's "Side Effects."

Open Road, which had signed on to distribute the film domestically, announced Jan. 18 that the two companies would partner on the film, produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Gregory Jacobs and Scott Z. Burns, who also wrote the screenplay. Annapurna's Megan Ellison, Marc Butan and Ted Schipper were to have served as exec producers.

Annapurna's decision to drop off the film came late on Friday, sources told Variety. At one point, project had three high-profile thesps attached -- Channing Tatum, Blake Lively and Jude Law -- but their current involvement is unclear.

Meanwhile, Open Road said it's still onboard: "The Open Road deal to release the picture is in place," a spokesperson for Open Road told Variety.

Plot details are still under wraps.

While the film currently has no financier, sources tell Variety that the film has multiple offers and will likely lock down a deal before Sundance is over.

Annapurna is behind a number of notable projects slated for release this year, including John Hillcoat's "Wettest County," the Brad Pitt-toplined "Cogan's Trade" and Kathryn Bigelow's untitled project about the capture of Osama Bin Laden.

Annapurna did not return requests for comment.

I'm pretty sure Blake will still be in it though, she wouldn't go to the Haywire screening if she weren't.

I like Catherine Zeta-Jones so that's good, but I'm reading some troubling things about the financing and casting of the film. Btw the finance is not as much as I thought it would be which is good as it won't need to be huge at the box office to break even or profit.

It would suck and be unfair to Blake if this is taken from her. Its also not like she's the first up and comer that is ever cast to helm a Soderbergh film. Gina Carano, a martial artist with barely any experience got the lead in Haywire. And the funding for both films are in the same range.

And you are right Amie, Blake went to the Haywire screening quite a while after the announcement of her casting and the funding of the film. That was enough time for any issues to surface and her to know if she was still in it. So this loss of funding weeks later from then doesn't make much sense.

Studios that were interested (before Annapurna, Summit and Paramount) each had their sometimes divided thoughts on who should lead the cast. Variety seems to think that the financing shake-up could jumble the entire cast, which is possible, as it eventually became a perfect mix-and-match (under the director's eyes anyhow) but right now we're hearing the biggest question mark, if there is one at all, is Lively. Frankly, it's a disappointing move by Annapurna. "Green Lantern" wasn't great, obviously, but Lively deeply impressed in "The Town," the very underseen, "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee," and Soderbergh obviously has an eye for talent that hasn't quite blossomed.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ann..._medium=twitter

agree. :cry:

About the financing and the part about not liking Blake in the Collider article, I wont believe it until Deadline talks about it. Deadline is probably the most credible source so if there was any issues with financing/cast they would have atleast hinted at it in their articles.

Also if there were any problems with financing, it probably has nothing to do with Blake. Like imo it probably has more to do with Haywire flopping than anything else. Im sure if that person backs out, Steven can get another financier because they still have their open road deal.

I would point out that in every article about this movie on Deadline, it always says that the 3 main cast are still negotiating - so maybe not everyone has completely signed on yet.

Anyways hope everything works out because I'm so excited for this movie.

About the financing and the part about not liking Blake in the Collider article, I wont believe it until Deadline talks about it. Deadline is probably the most credible source so if there was any issues with financing/cast they would have at least hinted at it in their articles.

Also if there were any problems with financing, it probably has nothing to do with Blake. Like imo it probably has more to do with Haywire flopping than anything else. Im sure if that person backs out, Steven can get another financier because they still have their open road deal.

I would point out that in every article about this movie on Deadline, it always says that the 3 main cast are still negotiating - so maybe not everyone has completely signed on yet.

Anyways hope everything works out because I'm so excited for this movie.

I was just saying that to someone about Deadline. ;) Any reader of Nikki Finke knows how much she loves reporting on this kind of backroom drama, and how much pride she takes in her contacts and scoops. Variety (who first reported on Annapurna backing out) is no slouch, either. I'm not sure I believe Playlist (where the story originated about why financing fell through) would have the whole story while the others wouldn't have any hint of it. But if there is any truth to the Playlist story, Soderbergh for his part seems to be ok with letting the deal fall through, for whatever reason(s).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if certain actors made their interest known after the casting news broke. It's especially competitive among actresses because the good parts are so few and far between. If I was an actress in that environment, I'd probably rather not see another new kid get a toehold (and if anyone knows what can happen for a TV soap star when given the opportunity to work with quality scripts and directors, it's Williams ;) ).

This goes part and parcel with the recent interviews with Soderbergh where he talks about his impending retirement. He says he's fed up with the business and he wants to be done in a year. With that in mind, you have to figure he's probably not going to be waiting around for some star to fit him into their schedule, and is going to be pretty adamant about working with the actors he wants to work with.

The Side Effects will also make it three movies in a row with Soderbergh directing actor Channing Tatum and he told us what he saw in Tatum that has put him among the ranks of Matt Damon, George Clooney and Julia Roberts, Soderbergh's other frequent collaborators: "I think it's a combination of ability and attitude," he told us. "When you meet somebody that's good and that you just share a sort of ethos with you about the work and how to work, it becomes appealing to repeat that experience because your quality of life is affected positively."
Another source of frustration for Soderbergh is that medium-sized movies, such as Haywire and Contagion, are becoming an endangered species. "The data will tell you that between $25m and $75m is the dead zone in terms of profitability. They're movies. It's not cereal ... the audience isn't sitting around going, 'There's no way I'm seeing a movie if it cost between $25 and $75m.'" . . .

Hollywood's treatment of women is another sore subject. "People just aren't writing a lot of great roles for women. They haven't been for a while but they're certainly not now because the perception in the business is that there are maybe one or maybe two women that mean anything, and that's just horrible."

Another source of frustration for Soderbergh is that medium-sized movies, such as Haywire and Contagion, are becoming an endangered species. "The data will tell you that between $25m and $75m is the dead zone in terms of profitability. They're movies. It's not cereal ... the audience isn't sitting around going, 'There's no way I'm seeing a movie if it cost between $25 and $75m.'" . . .

Hollywood's treatment of women is another sore subject. "People just aren't writing a lot of great roles for women. They haven't been for a while but they're certainly not now because the perception in the business is that there are maybe one or maybe two women that mean anything, and that's just horrible."

That bolded part is so telling. It's so hard for women to work upwards in the biz where if you're not Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet then you're not a good actress. Blake has been working and putting in solid work for so long that it's just humiliating and unfair to drag her out over the coals like this. And she keeps getting better with every new project.

She so doesn't deserve this. Which other actress does this happen to? Urghh I'm just so upset :angry: What do they have against her really? Soderbergh has worked with Sasha Grey and Gina Carano yet it's Blake that people have a problem with? It's just unfair because they're tainting her image/rep too. Have you seen the headlines? "Blake Lively tanks project" and so on... I'm so so upset.

Hi. I think this is all pure speculation. But it has been tapped by Blake s haters to make big headlines.

I do not know if the IMBD site is credible or not, but there she continues in the film.

Like you I'm mad. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Today I do not read twitter or google alert from Blake to not bother me anymore.

This will pass. Even if she does not enter in this project will be others.

Oh She look gorgeous in last episode of GG. :drool: :drool:

post-54098-0-1446092527-41267_thumb.jpg

I love this about Blake Lively: she is not messing around when it comes to her travel pillow. Penns and Ryans will come and go. Mr. Pillow will always be the man in her life.

Read More http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs...l#ixzz1kV3pWAv8

post-54098-0-1446092527-43613_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah so she's def gonna be in ELLE. I posted another tweet about it a couple of weeks ago too. Wouldn't be too surprised to hear she was in Paris though, we've not had a sighting since she came back to NY on Monday. Paris is just a 6hr flight.

JAY @Unconquerable24

My baby was in Paris this past weekend styling Blake lively for a shoot. Wanna post pics.

But that'll have to wait till the magazine cover premiers.

The photos will be in Elle!.... I think lol

@jesstinybird I know me too! The photos were gorgeous.

Oh yeah so she's def gonna be in ELLE. I posted another tweet about it a couple of weeks ago too. Wouldn't be too surprised to hear she was in Paris though, we've not had a sighting since she came back to NY on Monday. Paris is just a 6hr flight.
JAY @Unconquerable24

My baby was in Paris this past weekend styling Blake lively for a shoot. Wanna post pics.

Well she is able to be in Paris, someone on twitter said, Monday night "I saw a girl who looked like Blake Lively." This twitter was someone who was in Paris. At the time I did not give much importance becouse she was in NO.

Nice a cover for ELLE

THE BIG 100

post-42953-0-1446092528-28504_thumb.jpg

What's the best Gossip Girl episode ever?

This morning, a sneak preview of next week’s Gossip Girl hit the web.

Dubbed “The Royal Wedding,” next Monday’s episode will finally conclude the “will-she-or-won’t-she” frenzy surrounding Blair’s impending nuptials to Louis. But if the potential end of Blair’s singledom wasn’t enough of a milestone on it’s own, the upcoming show also marks the melodrama’s 100th episode.

From influencing our wardrobes, dictating our iPod playlists, and causing countless Tuesday morning office debates, we know we love you, Gossip Girl. But like any relationship, we’ve definitely had our ups and downs with “Manhattan’s Elite.”

We’ve gone through periods of being utterly obsessed, to times of frustration and not caring. But through all parties, breakups, flashbacks, hospital stints, multiple cases of identity theft, and countless farewells and returns of Jenny Humphrey, Georgina Sparks, and Vanessa Abrams, Gossip Girl still remains top priority on our Tivo.

To celebrate the show’s centennial birthday, we’ve kicked off a list of our all time favorite episodes- ready and waiting for you to add to!

-- ALI HOFFMAN

Blair Waldorf Must Pie! (Season 1, Episode 9)

The one where the Humphrey’s and the Van der Woodsen’s share an awkward Thanksgiving.

Woman on the Verge (season 1, Episode 17)

The one where Serena’s big secret that led her to leave Manhattan finally comes out.

Valley Girls (season 2 episode 24)

The one with the flashback to 1993! (And the performance by No Doubt!)

http://www.nylonmag.com/?section=article&parid=7479

I'm confused, is Blake gonna be in the Soderbergh film Or not?? :idk:

JAY @Unconquerable24

I think this is the Twitter account for the stylist, but I can't tell if it's a new pic of Blake or not:

Instagram

Devyn Mackey:Stylist @iCassiusMFresh

Wrkn in Paris instagr.am/p/jsJjj/

1:40 PM - 22 Jan 12 via Instagram

Devyn Mackey:Stylist @iCassiusMFresh

oh no have fun in new orleans.... paris he i come can't wait til monday #reunited

7:19 AM - 19 Jan 12 via web · Details

ETA: It kind of looks like her Chanel handbag shoot, no?

We haven't had a Blake Lively sighting in a while, but we can tell you that another home she looked at. This time, alone, with her broker and no hunky Ryan Reynolds in sight. The apartment was a $5.19 million penthouse at 140 West 22nd St. That's a two bedroom, two and a half bath 2596 square foot duplex, with 11-foot ceilings, and it includes a sky lit media room and landscaped wraparound terrace rooftop, perfect for entertaining. The rooftop includes a kitchen, plasma TV and reinforced steel beams -- to accommodate more than 100 people. There's also an open chefs kitchen and dining area with great Empire State Building views as well. Listing broker Meris Blumstein, of the Corcoran Group, declined to comment. We wrote about the penthouse when it first went on the market last November -- for $5.4 million. It belongs to Bill White and Bryan Eure, who had the first gay wedding at the Four Seasons, where Aretha Franklin sang in front of guests like Gayle King and Karolina Kurkova. White is the former president of the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum and current CEO of Constellations Gorup, and Eure is an insurance exec with Willis Group Holdings. The Green Lantern duo also looked at a $4.35 million penthouse at 225 Fifth Avenue and a $12.85 million penthouse at 130 W. 12th St., as we earlier reported.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/celebrity-...6#ixzz1kWYTbACv

NYPOST

She’s so Lively

Forget the Upper East Side, “Gossip Girl” fans. Blake Lively was spotted, with a broker but without hunky beau Ryan Reynolds, visiting a $5.19 million penthouse at 140 W. 22nd St. The two-bedroom, 2 1/2-bathroom Chelsea duplex has 11-foot ceilings, a sky-lit media room and a rooftop that’s ideal for entertaining. The wraparound rooftop terrace includes a kitchen, a plasma TV and reinforced steel beams that allow it to accommodate more than 100 people.

We covered this penthouse when it hit the market in November, for a slightly higher price of $5.4 million. It belongs to Bill White and Bryan Eure, who had the first gay wedding at the Four Seasons — a high-profile event where Aretha Franklin sang in front of guests including Gayle King and Karolina Kurkova. White is the former president of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum and current CEO of Constellations Group, and Eure is an insurance executive with Willis Group Holdings.

Corcoran Group listing broker Meris Blumstein declined to comment.

Lively seems focused on finding a swanky downtown home. As previously reported, Lively and Reynolds looked at a $4.35 million penthouse at 225 Fifth Ave. and a $12.85 million penthouse at 130 W. 12th St.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/real...P#ixzz1kYF8q7lV

Rihanna, Sheryl Crow, the Neville Brothers and Seal will perform at the event for Make It Right, while guests include Sean Penn, Kevin Spacey, Spike Lee, Blake Lively, Bennett Miller and Djimon Hounsou.

The stars will be out in New Orleans on March 10 for Brad Pitt’s Make It Right charity event, which will raise funds to build sustainable, affordable homes for New Orleans’ families who lost everything to Hurricane Katrina.

Pitt and Ellen DeGeneres will host the event, which will feature performances by Rihanna, Sheryl Crow, the Neville Brothers and Seal. Host Committee members for the event include Djimon Hounsou, Spike Lee, Blake Lively, Bennett Miller, Chris and Jada Paul, Sean Penn and Kevin Spacey. Randy Jackson and Wendell Pierce will co-host the performance event. Parks and Recreation star Aziz Ansari will host the after-party.

The charity gala at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans will not only raise funds for Hurricane Katrina victims, but will also promote Make It Right’s work to provide sustainable housing in Newark, NJ and Kansas City, MO for disabled veterans and disadvantaged communities.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brad...n-spacey-285035