Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

Thanks for all the pix, news, and tweets! :flower:

Ooh I hope she is going to Paris for the Chanel show! But I don't know if GG or RIPD are finished filming... I'll throw Sundance into the guess pool. Tonight is the premiere of a new film with DeNiro from the director of Buried (RR film from a couple years ago that I still haven't seen -- too claustrophobic :p).

A teeny bit about Savages...

Forward

Forward: Can you tell us about your next feature film?

Oliver Stone: “Savages” is an antidote to “History” [laughs]. It’s fiction, set in California and Mexico. It’s about the drug war, to the degree that it involves Mexican cartels against California independent [marijuana] growers.

Forward: Was it shot in Mexico?

Stone: No, but it has a Mexico — we faked it, we didn’t go down there.

Forward: Is it correct that Salma Hayek plays the head of the Mexican drug cartel?

Stone: She plays the head of one of the cartels, yeah. Her character took over after her husband was killed.

Forward: When will it be released? Next September?

Stone: Maybe sooner; we’ll see.

:clap: The sooner, the better!

These pix from aren't new (mostly from the GL premiere), but they're so nice and BIG :D

International Business Times

The Haywire pix were a nice surprise. :) The top is great -- silver and gold tones are so pretty with her eyes and hair. I like the skirt too, but it's hard to wear textured knit with pleats and have it not look bulky unless you wear it loose. I don't get the navy tights. Maybe she thought they were black? I've done that many times. :p Or maybe it's a new trend... Anyway, I like the overall youthful look she has going on, right down to the natural looking hair and makeup.

Question: Serena is starting to feel like a guest star on Gossip Girl. What gives? —Emily

Ausiello: That’s pretty much the question I posed to Safran. “If you feel like Serena has been lighter this year, it’s honestly just where the story has taken us,” he tells me. “Last season was very much about Serena. That was the way we sort of looked at it. She had Juliet last year and that was the big driving story. This year we gave Blair the big driving story. And next season — if there is a next season — I would imagine the driving story, should it be the last season, will be the two of them and their friendship.

If there is any justice in the world, this would be the last season. The last episode was just AWFUL, like the worst episode of television I've seen in a long, long while. :yuckky:

I watched it with the sound off - again. :ninja: I can't blame them for wanting a sixth season, but I hope Blake is allowed to work less if she wants. It seems like they take up a lot of her time but don't give her anything to do (certainly not anything good). But apparently we have something to thank Mr. Safran for: ;)

HuffPo: 'Gossip Girl Turns 100'

"We just filmed the scene the other day," said executive producer Josh Safran, back in November. "It's crazy. I wrote it, and it's something I've wanted to do since Season 1. I'm very proud of that moment, and when you see it, you'll know why. It's something we've never done before. From Season 1, I said, 'I want to do this.' But it just wasn't the right time. I've been pushing it for five years, and it finally happened. I can't tell you what it is, but it's the best thing we've ever done. Everyone was so excited, and showed up to play in such a major way. They made it even more than my dreams."
This news is both stupid and comic. :yuckky:

Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds’ dogs are causing relationship problems

Love may be in the air for Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, but their dogs are at each other’s throats! Blake’s pint-sized Maltipoo, Penny, is used to being the center of attention and hates it when her owner showers Ryan’s friendly golden retriever mix, Baxter, with affection. Now pals say the war of the dogs has escalated to the point where it’s affecting the couple’s sex life!

“Penny is a real diva and is accustomed to getting her own way,” a source told The Enquirer.

:rofl: Aww Penny's probably just making sure she's not mistaken for a chew toy. :laugh:

(And something tells me bombs could be going off and their 'mom' and 'dad' wouldn't notice :whistle:).

Thank you Nat'l Enquirer for my morning laugh. :D

Forward: Can you tell us about your next feature film?

Oliver Stone: “Savages” is an antidote to “History” [laughs]. It’s fiction, set in California and Mexico. It’s about the drug war, to the degree that it involves Mexican cartels against California independent [marijuana] growers.

Forward: Was it shot in Mexico?

Stone: No, but it has a Mexico — we faked it, we didn’t go down there.

Forward: Is it correct that Salma Hayek plays the head of the Mexican drug cartel?

Stone: She plays the head of one of the cartels, yeah. Her character took over after her husband was killed.

Forward: When will it be released? Next September?

Stone: Maybe sooner; we’ll see.

:clap: The sooner, the better!

Yes we Cannes, Cannes, Cannes! :brows:

Oh btw, Halolulu RT'd someone who said they were sitting behind them and the person was located on New Orleans... I swear they go to the most random places but then again they have the whole Green Lantern, NOLA connections.

Yes we Cannes, Cannes, Cannes! :brows:

Oh btw, Halolulu RT'd someone who said they were sitting behind them and the person was located on New Orleans... I swear they go to the most random places but then again they have the whole Green Lantern, NOLA connections.

:yes: Hope for Cannes!

And New Orleans it is... The main common denominator I see for their travels is FOOD. :rofl: Looks like Blake found herself a foodie partner in crime. :D

AlliePrater Allie Prater

Finally in Nola!

19 Jan

AlliePrater Allie Prater

Cafe Du Monde! #beignets!

3 hours ago

AlliePrater Allie Prater

Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively sitting in the table behind me. #unreal

2 hours ago

Yeimy @righteousone

@OpTiMuS9686 I just saw Blake Lively, chick from gossip girl & Ryan Reynolds green lantern dude.

The film's name was always a toss-up between The Side Effects and The Bitter Pill. It was originally set up as The Side Effects, later changed to The Bitter Pill and now Soderbergh says he wants to change it back to The Bitter Pill because it gives it a harder edge:

Meanwhile, Soderbergh is prepping his next movie, a suspenseful drama starring Tatum and Blake Lively that's been referred to in the press as both Bitter Pill and The Side Effects. "The title I want is Bitter Pill," Soderbergh said. "It's a thriller and it's hard-edged, so I think that's the better title."

There were discovered.... :laugh: :laugh:

Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively's Latest Hangout: New Orleans

After being seen all cozy together last year in New York and in Boston, followed by the couple's holiday visit with his family in Vancouver, It seemed some distance could have possibly developed between Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively.

Had the romance Gone South? Sure enough – to the Big Easy, where the Reynolds, 35, and Lively, 24, were spotted this weekend all over New Orleans, the very city where they had shot The Green Lantern.

On Friday, an eyewitness saw the two at the Creole Creamery, a cute, Uptown ice cream parlor.

"Ryan comes in here sometimes when he's in town," said the observer, adding: "They seemed to want their privacy and sat close together in a corner of the store while they were eating and talking. They did leave the store holding hands, though – super sweet!"

According to another sighting on Twitter, Friday included the couple's visit to the Café du Monde, a French market stand famous for its coffee with chicory and its donut-like beignets.

When the stars were promoting Green Lantern last summer, both spoke of their love of New Orleans, which Reynolds called "one of the most exciting, incredible communities in the world. … You're going to hear some of the best jazz music, eat some of the best food and see some of the best entertainment in the world."

Added Lively,"You could spend your life trying to uncover all the treasures in New Orleans and not even scratch the surface."

Thanks for the pix, articles and tweets! :flower:

The film's name was always a toss-up between The Side Effects and The Bitter Pill. It was originally set up as The Side Effects, later changed to The Bitter Pill and now Soderbergh says he wants to change it back to The Bitter Pill because it gives it a harder edge:
Meanwhile, Soderbergh is prepping his next movie, a suspenseful drama starring Tatum and Blake Lively that's been referred to in the press as both Bitter Pill and The Side Effects. "The title I want is Bitter Pill," Soderbergh said. "It's a thriller and it's hard-edged, so I think that's the better title."

In a new interview with Steven Soderbergh it's referred to as The Bitter Pill... not much info about it, but it's an interesting read, especially the part about his reasons for retiring.

Brief mention in this L.A. Times article about the CW (home of Gossip Girl) branching out into movies at Sundance...

A handful of stars have successfully made the transition from the small to the big screen -- Michelle Williams, Blake Lively and Shia LaBeouf, to name a few. But the shift is challenging for many young TV stars, with most teen soaps and comedies not exactly helping actors forge a diverse skill set. And even those who do it successfully can take a long time getting there; witness Williams' turns in gems like "Halloween: H20" before she became an Oscar contender.
jennifer_k_long jennifer long

Sitting near Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds at Cochon in NewOrleans. The good-lookingness is blinding.

17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Cochon, home of the infamous sweet potato sauce :D Hope she doesn't get caught trying to smuggle some back to NY in her luggage -- or pillow :laugh:

Blake Lively Wants Contraband Hot Sauce

BY KATE KRADER, FOOD & WINE RESTAURANT EDITOR

POSTED JUNE 3, 2011 AT 5:41PM EDT

At the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival a few weeks ago, I became a huge fan of Donald Link, the New Orleans chef/owner of Cochon and Cochon Butcher, and his commitment to cooking with chiles. (At his demo, I learned the very useful tip that the best cure for a too-spicy pepper is a piece of chocolate.) It turns out I’m not the only one who appreciates his way with chiles. In the current issue of Glamour magazine, cover girl Blake Lively says that she gets really excited when she finds a new sauce. And then says this: “I wanted a sauce from New Orleans, and they wouldn’t send it because the FDA didn’t approve it. I called the restaurant and I said, ‘OK, can you buy a teddy bear and cut it open and put it in and send it?’ They’re like, ‘No, we are not the drug cartel; we’re not sending you your sweet potato sauce in a teddy bear.’” (How much do we love Blake Lively and her dedication to food and contraband sauces?!) It turns out she’s talking about Cochon’s habanero–sweet potato sauce, which by all accounts is addictive. And also not for sale outside the state; although their regular hot sauce is (long story involving FDA regulations).

So next time I’m in New Orleans, I’m picking up a bottle of Cochon’s habanero sweet potato sauce for Blake Lively. And meanwhile, I can report that Cochon is working hard to ship the sauce to out-of-state fans like Lively.

On Friday, an eyewitness saw the two at the Creole Creamery, a cute, Uptown ice cream parlor.

"Ryan comes in here sometimes when he's in town," said the observer, adding: "They seemed to want their privacy and sat close together in a corner of the store while they were eating and talking. They did leave the store holding hands, though – super sweet!"

According to another sighting on Twitter, Friday included the couple's visit to the Café du Monde, a French market stand famous for its coffee with chicory and its donut-like beignets.

When the stars were promoting Green Lantern last summer, both spoke of their love of New Orleans, which Reynolds called "one of the most exciting, incredible communities in the world. … You're going to hear some of the best jazz music, eat some of the best food and see some of the best entertainment in the world."

Added Lively,"You could spend your life trying to uncover all the treasures in New Orleans and not even scratch the surface."

:wub: Drinking coffee out of my Café du Monde mug in their honor. ;) I need to get back to New Orleans -- best city in the U.S. for my money :yes: