Thumbnail

Sierra

http://vimeo.com/34593844

"Hi, this is Blake Lively's assistant" :rofl: :rofl:

"We have caller id. (hangs up)

Maam I will kill you and then delete your face book"

DEAD!

Thanks for all the news, pics etc.

Seriously cant wait for Savages - even though its all the way in September! I really hope she gets to promote it internationally. She's never been out of the country to promote a movie, so hopefully she atleast comes to a Lodon premiere or something. But as always Im sure Gossip Girl will get in the way - as if I ddint need anymore reasons to hate the show!

Today I am furious. :angry:

I read an article on the net about Blake. They called her "tramp" and there were hints that she is a prostitute with a lack of morals. Why are people so bad with Blake? :clobber:

They do not bother to know her. What is the problem? The fact that she had boyfriends? My god she had four boyfriends. This makes her a prostitute. So we are all prostitutes for having more than four boyfriends. What is the problem of these people?

If I were asked to describe Blake I would say she is:

Very clever

Sympathetic

generous

With feet firmly on the ground

Humble

talented

Romantic

shy

beautiful

glamorous

bright

Buy the way I will stop reading these articles written by people insane. :banghead:

^You need to avoid those articles. I totally understand, they get my blood boiling too with the amount of sexist hate they spew, especially from fellow women. I've just learned there are some websites I have to avoid to have peace of mind when it comes to Blake. I generally avoid: Dlisted, Laineygossip, Celebitchy, JustJared comments section, TheGloss, Pajiba, Slashfilm to name a few. Those are just some sites that hate Blake Lively for no good reason and will twist every truth or fact to fit their purposes. Most feel she's "stealing" Leighton's spotlight. Most of the commenters on OhNoTheyDidnt are very pro-Leighton as well so it can get a bit dicey there although there are few brave and intrepid Blake stans that generally cool things down. A few good blogs to read are Pinkisthenewblog, the guy that runs that blog actually defends Blake against some very sexist comments and double standards which I really respect, Screenrant, Fanforum, Usweekly, People and the likes.

People don't understand that she has taken such a risk by putting herself out there in the process of building her career, and this is the ugly that tends to come along with that. People think everything comes very easily to her without taking into account the amount of hard work and rejection she has had to face to get the best of the best. You can see she respects her career and that makes me such a fan of hers.

Just focus on the good parts like that and how hard-working and kind she is. No one who has met her has anything bad to say about her which is more than what anonymous bitter bloggers will ever know. Even better are the high praises people in the industry have for her. If you knew Steven Soderbergh's process and selectivity, you'd know that to get cast in a lead role in his movie is a really big deal, so haters can stick to eating crow and calling her names just as she's getting bigger and better :yes:

Hope that helps :flower:

Yh most blog/gossip sites are very anti Blake/ pro Leighton so dont pay too much attention to them. I dont even read sites like ONTD, DListed any more (lainey isnt as bad, I find her obssession with Blake very amusing). Even when she was in 3 yr relationship with Penn they called her a whore so it just goes to show their irrationality (likeOMG 3 boyrfriends!!). Plus the fact that she keeps on winning kills them. I remember how they were SO ecstatic when Green Lantern flopped and Hick got bad reviews - they thought she was done, you could almost here the glee in their voices (lol).

But then she got offered Pride, Prejudice and Zombies (but turned it down) and now she's gotten the lead in a Steven Soderbergh movie. Trust me it kills them that she keeps on proving them wrong - so the only thing they can do is call her names etc. They are like she's gonna be like Mischa Barton etc. even though Blake has done way more movies than Mischa ever did. Plus despite the GG schedule she still gets more quality work than most of the young full time movie actresses.

I could care less about Leighton but her fans make me not like her. Like they need to care more about Leighton rather than obssesing about Blake. No offence but if Leighton is as superiorly talent as they make her out to be, then shouldnt she be getting better work. I'm just saying!

I think what really peeves them the most is that Blake gets QUALITY work, with prestigious directors and co-stars, rather than just any old thing. SO when I see childish comments like that I just revel in the fact that her success is whats driving them mad.

I could care less about Leighton but her fans make me not like her. Like they need to care more about Leighton rather than obssesing about Blake. No offence but if Leighton is as superiorly talent as they make her out to be, then shouldnt she be getting better work. I'm just saying!

I couldn't agree more :whistle:

2011's Best and Worst Dressed Stars: Nicki Minaj, Kardashians (Photos)

Best Dressed: Blake Lively

Jason Merritt / Getty Images

Blake Lively has had quite a fashionable 2011. During the royal visit to California in July, she gave Kate Middleton a run for her money at an event hosted by BAFTA in Los Angeles, where she wore a diaphanous lavender Marchesa gown. And as the face of Chanel, she appeared in several dresses by Uncle Karl on the red carpet: at the Met Gala in May, for example, she opted for a Grecian-draped dress with an illusion bodice and silver embroidered paillettes from Chanel Couture’s Fall 2009 collection. She hosted a dinner for Chanel in Antibes later that week, and on June 17 she wore a white sheer Chanel Couture dress (left) to the Los Angeles premiere of her film Green Lantern.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/201...011-photos.html

I also saw the tramp article which annoyed me. I was also glad to read that the blogger got annoyed mails from people taking offence at what she said about Blake. I mean how can you call someone that on the basis that they "appear" to look a certain way with no facts whatsoever.

That said I don't really care what they say because every day she keeps proving them wrong. It must get tiring for them to keep getting shown up by her. Everything that has been said about her and predicted, she has surpassed them. Everyone she work with loves her the latest being Chloe, those she meets are charmed by her, she works on good films with good directors and actors. Those that say whatever about her are looking increasingly stupid and bitter.

I agree. I somehow don't think that Blake is stopping Leighton from getting any good roles. They are also visually different that they are probably not going from the same roles, so they need to look at why Leighton is not getting the roles. She is on a show that gets press, has a vera wang campaign, the girl has enough fame and talent to get in there, so either her agent is not just doing enough for her or the casting agents/directors are just not seeing anything in Leighton that they want. All in all this is nothing to do with Blake, other than jealousy about her. GG though needs to be over and then the Leighton fans can look for someone else to claim are "stealing" her spolight.

Also Blake has gotten great reviews, been critically acclaimed for her performances in Pippa Lee, The Town - the San Diego film Critics nominated her for Best Supporting actress for this, Hick - great reviews for her personally despite the film, even Lantern got some critics defending her based on the lack of writing and her doing well with the role. And each subsequent good performance has only led to more roles. She's worked hard to get where she is.

Lainey amuses me now, as I once thought she had inside sources, until this past year made me realise that she doesn't know anything, makes it up (she makes up so much about Blake) and generally full of bs. This is someone last march said that she was told by "sources" that Blake was not being offered any roles by directors as they thought she could not act. And then a week later she got the Hick role. Then Savages, got offered an Austen zombie film, and now potentially a lead in a Soderbergh. And that's not even counting all the bs info she came up with about Leo and Ryan, and going on about having sources on Zoe Kravitz and Fassbender still being together, while she was already onto Penn.

Yh most blog/gossip sites are very anti Blake/ pro Leighton so dont pay too much attention to them. I dont even read sites like ONTD, DListed any more (lainey isnt as bad, I find her obssession with Blake very amusing). Even when she was in 3 yr relationship with Penn they called her a whore so it just goes to show their irrationality (likeOMG 3 boyrfriends!!). Plus the fact that she keeps on winning kills them. I remember how they were SO ecstatic when Green Lantern flopped and Hick got bad reviews - they thought she was done, you could almost here the glee in their voices (lol).

But then she got offered Pride, Prejudice and Zombies (but turned it down) and now she's gotten the lead in a Steven Soderbergh movie. Trust me it kills them that she keeps on proving them wrong - so the only thing they can do is call her names etc. They are like she's gonna be like Mischa Barton etc. even though Blake has done way more movies than Mischa ever did. Plus despite the GG schedule she still gets more quality work than most of the young full time movie actresses.

I think what really peeves them the most is that Blake gets QUALITY work, with prestigious directors and co-stars, rather than just any old thing. SO when I see childish comments like that I just revel in the fact that her success is whats driving them mad.

Lainey is just a ridiculous joke and I've said it many times over, her obsession on Blake borders on absolutely creepy.

The stupid thing about them rejoicing over the fact that GL and Hick flopped is that if we listed their faves' Rottentomatoes filmography, Blake has one of the best records in choosing roles among young actresses and especially coming from TV too.

Yeah, what burns is that she doesn't "know her place" (and that reflects more badly on them than anything, God forbid a young woman be ambitious), they want her to be doing foolish rom-coms and Katherine Heigl type movies but Blake doesn't make their job easy for them lol. I just find their hate so funny because it's just soo desperate and they keep saying Blake is going to be like Katie Holmes while Leighton will be the Michelle Williams when all evidence points to the contrary. Michelle was hated the way Blake is now during her DC days, and she had the same similar thankless "bombshell with a past going good" role that Blake does now, while Katie had the bitchy, animated, sarcastic villain you love to hate that Leighton does now. And people really hated Michelle, calling her many of the same names they call Blake now (sluts, ugly etc). And the way the flip facts about Blake and Leighton is astounding, over on IMDb they were saying Blake is doing commercial movies while Leighton is the serious one doing indies which is so silly because with this Soderbergh project, Blake is about to start her 4th indie, while Leighton is doing tripe like The Roommate, Monte Carlo and an Adam Sandler movie but her fans harp on her one indie.

I hate comparing them really cos I don't mind Leighton in general but Leighton fans are just too ridiculous and it gets really frustrating seeing them spew all this crap about Blake because we Blake fans are generally too passive and non-confrontational. Just because Leighton's brand of hysterical overacting suits Gossip Girl's heightened reality doesn't make her a good actress. She hasn't gotten any stunning or outstanding reviews the way Blake has and the way they call Blake a bad actress is just foolish because how would you judge good acting with a poorly written show like GG or a poorly written movie like GL. Even Armie Hammer was horrible in GG ffs. Oh well...

post-52328-0-1446092452-03437_thumb.gif

*Kanye Shrug*

ETA Sannei, I didn't see your response before typing mine out but I pretty much agree with everything you've written

Something good :laugh:

Celebrity Flirt of the Month

Blake Lively is rumored to be one of the flirtiest celebrities out there. And why wouldn’t she be? At 5’10” with natural blonde hair, she is a bombshell. But it’s not just her great body and style that makes her a great flirt, it’s her attitude.

The 24 year old has the looks of a video vixen, but the attitude of the girl next door. Blake’s flirting style is the humorous, cutesy kind. She smiles, laughs, jokes about herself, and touches the arms of men. It is this sweet, playful flirting that makes her so successful. She isn’t afraid to be herself and have a little fun. This makes talking to her easy and flirting comes out almost naturally. She can lead the conversation or be led; she is a pro at flirting. But in accordance with the sweet girl image, she never admits to be good at dating or sending signals, something that makes her even cuter.

So our hat goes off to Blake Lively for showing the world that you don’t have to be all about sex in order to flirt. Just be friendly and have fun! [/b

I actually didn't care for it either, the script was atrocious and some of the effects were noxious when they weren't being downright silly lol. But Blake had to do commercial sooner than later, it was something her team was pushing her to do. Love her remarks in this interview, she just presents as so smart and cultured:

It’s never to me about a formula. People say, "Well, whose career do you follow? Where do you see your career going? What movie do you want to do next?" And I can’t tell you what type of movie I would go and do next. I would have to read the script and feel for a character. And if I feel in my gut for a character, I know that that’s somebody I have to play.

So, to me it’s about doing things you’re passionate about, and I think that that comes through. After my first year on Gossip Girl, everybody said, "You’ve got to do a big commercial movie, ride this wave." And I did a tiny Rebecca Miller film, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, where Alan Arkin was 74 played my husband, and I was 19. And that was a really different, weird, dark story. But it was one that refueled me creatively.

And then going back into 10 months of playing the same character you look for that again. But I didn’t find that the next year. So, everybody said, “Come on, now you’ve got to do the commercial movie. You didn’t do it last year and you want to show that you can exist on both platforms of TV and movies.’” But there wasn’t anything I was passionate about.

So, I traveled for a month. I work on other characters so often, developing other characters—I need to develop my own character, too. You need to bring those experiences with you to your characters. So, for me, it’s about connecting with something. And I don’t know, I’ve just been really, really lucky.

I'm glad she's got that out of the way (although it had to be on an unfortunate film), so that she can take on more complex and challenging roles.

Thanks for all the articles and pix! :flower:

The Side Effects will start filming in New York in May. :D

Coming Soon

Exclusive: Steven Soderbergh on Magic Mike, Liberace & Side Effects

Source: Edward Douglas

January 14, 2012

Earlier this week, ComingSoon.net had the opportunity to have a lengthy phone interview with Oscar-winning filmmaker Steven Soderbergh, whose action-thriller Haywire comes out on January 20. That movie actually shot a few years back and since then, Soderbergh made the viral outbreak thriller Contagion and he's filmed his next project Magic Mike with Channing Tatum, which we spoke to him about. . . . . <snip>

After finishing Magic Mike, Soderbergh will begin shooting his next movie The Side Effects (formerly The Bitter Pill), also starring Channing Tatum, Contagion star Jude Law and Blake Lively. The psychological thriller was written by Contagion and The Informant! screenwriter Scott Z. Burns, who ComingSoon.net spoke with last year when he was still planning on making his return to directing with it, following Pu-239 starring Paddy Considine. Soderbergh told us how he convinced Burns to let him direct it after he bailed on a long-in-development movie version of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

"I've been bugging him about it for years and when 'U.N.C.L.E' fell apart, I called him and said, 'Look, I know I've been bugging you. This is the last time. You can say no, but can I have this?' I guess I wore him down and he said 'okay.' It's a thriller, but it's fairly contained. It's kind of a psychological chamber piece. It's really, really good, but the scale of it's very manageable and it's shooting here in New York, which is great."

Burns has been wanting to return to directing for a while, but Soderbergh doesn't feel his taking over The Side Effects will slow down that plan: "I'm sure he will (direct). I mean, the good news is he's got lots of ideas. He said, "Look, I thought about it and I just decided, you know what? I'll write something else and I'll do that." So yeah, he'll be directing soon, I have no doubt."

The Side Effects will also make it three movies in a row with Soderbergh directing actor Channing Tatum and he told us what he saw in Tatum that has put him among the ranks of Matt Damon, George Clooney and Julia Roberts, Soderbergh's other frequent collaborators:

"I think it's a combination of ability and attitude," he told us. "When you meet somebody that's good and that you just share a sort of ethos with you about the work and how to work, it becomes appealing to repeat that experience because your quality of life is affected positively."

That will begin shooting in New York City in May, followed in July by the long-gestating "Liberace" project Behind the Candelabra for HBO, starring Michael Douglas as the gay lounge singer, who grew to epitomize "uncool" among music circles

"It's a classic Walmart against a high-end boutique," said Stone, who directed the Sept. 28 Universal release from a script by Shane Salerno (television's "Hawaii Five-0") and Winslow, whose celebrated crime novels include "The Power of the Dog" and "The Winter of Frankie Machine."

The cast is lead by Taylor Kitsch, who also stars in the studio's big-budget summer movie "Battleship" and Disney's "John Carter" this year. He plays Chon, a former Navy Seal and a longtime friend of agricultural associate Ben ("Kick-Ass'" Aaron Johnson). Ben comes from a more serene place ”he's originally a Bay Area kid, after all” but both men set aside their pacifist tendencies when O (Blake Lively), the willowy woman with whom they both are in love, is kidnapped by the cartel.

The Mexican hoods have their own commanding female figure: Kingpin Elena (Salma Hayek), joined by the thug Lado (Benicio Del Toro), who favors baseball bats and chain saws over more conventional weapons.

Winslow's book is, as Stone calls it, "post-modern" ” the first chapter is but two words, the first of which can't be printed here. "He used a lot of shorthand ” everything was elliptical, so we can't match what he does on the page," Stone said. "But it was all absolutely vivid."

Stone said the film is hard to categorize ” it's part gangster film, part drug drama, part love story. "I call it a romantic action-movie thriller," the director of "Wall Street" and "JFK" said.

The screenplay largely follows the novel (the book's "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" ending may be tweaked a bit) and brings to physical life much of what Winslow imagined ” including some indoor, hydroponic pot farms that look far too genuine. Thanks to their lab work, Chon and Ben are able to produce a cannabis strain second to none, leading them to see themselves more as inventors than law breakers.

:laugh: Sounds like a great blend of humor, drama, and romance -- can't wait!

Other positive news, Quentin Tarantino seems to be one of the few people who liked Green Lantern :laugh: Maybe a role for Blake in one of his movies huh? ;)

Quentin knows his stuff. ;) I still haven't seen GL... I'm just not a fan of movies based on comic books in general, though I liked Nolan's Batman movies and Robert Downey Jr. playing himself as Iron Man alright, and Ryan's take on Deadpool / Wade Wilson in Blade and Wolverine was hilarious and the best part of both movies. I have seen clips of GL and read reviews, and the main problem seems to lie with the script and some of the special effects. Bringing it back to Blake, I would love to see her work with Uma again, and QT would be an awesome person to do it :yes:

I could care less about Leighton but her fans make me not like her. Like they need to care more about Leighton rather than obsessing about Blake.

Yeah, the fans who constantly bag on other actors on the message boards and stuff don't seem to realize the disservice they're doing. Once in awhile for snarky fun is one thing, but to do it with such intensity reflects badly and can create a backlash. I read an interview with Leighton where they asked about her post-GG plans and she said she didn't know, she was going to go garden or something like that. It could just be the image she wants to present, but hey, if she wants to take a laid back approach to her career more power to her (and maybe her fans should take note ;) ).

As for Lainey and her minions, I chalk it up to the fact they need something to write about to get attention, the haters need someone to cut down to make themselves feel better, and Blake has obviously caught all of their imaginations in a big way. ;)

So, everybody said, “Come on, now you’ve got to do the commercial movie. You didn’t do it last year and you want to show that you can exist on both platforms of TV and movies.’” But there wasn’t anything I was passionate about. So, I traveled for a month. I work on other characters so often, developing other characters—I need to develop my own character, too.

Smart young woman. :yes:

That's funny. I thought this blanket belonged to Penny but seems to belong to Baxter :laugh:

Or is that Baxter was left with a memory of Penny :wub: :wub: :wub:

Once again RR looks good (today's photos)

Are we sure Penny's not in the blanket? :rofl: I kid, I kid... I just have to say this is one cute fit man, with his Chucks, slim pants, sweaters, and vests. Really loving his style. :)

I know this is old, but made my heart melt :heart:

Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds used some of his famous wit to bring smiles to the faces of children orphaned by disease and famine in one of the world's poorest countries.

The Vancouver native accompanied Hollywood writer/director John August to the Mulanje region of Malawi last month, where they spent a week with orphans and helped repair a facility that feeds 300 children a day.

Reynolds, 30, and August, 37, were in the country of more than 13 million in southeastern Africa – where HIV/AIDS has wiped out most of the adult population – as guests of Friends of Mulanje Orphans (FOMO).

The star of such films as Van Wilder and The Amityville Horror played games with the youngsters and delighted them by showing images on his digital camera. Reynolds, his face covered with a bandana to protect him from the dust, spent hours sanding, spackling and painting the walls of the four-room Gulumba Centre, which has no running water or electricity.

post-54098-0-1446092458-36229_thumb.jpgpost-54098-0-1446092458-37511_thumb.jpgpost-54098-0-1446092458-39026_thumb.jpg