Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

First of all I want to say that I have nothing against Nina, I like her .I like to see the Vampire Diaries. But it is unthinkable to compare Nina with Blake. Blake is very expressive and versatile. Nina is always the same . She only has one facial expression.

There is no comparison :blink: :blink:

I agree I don't get the comparrison, they are not on the same callaber. I find Nina is getting extremely overrated and people comparing her to blake doesn't make sense. First there red carpet style.............theres defiently no comparrison there. ;) And where there careers are, I seriously can't see nina with a similar career to blakes.

hiii girls. :flower:

Thanks for all the news everyone. It's always nice to come here and read the latest on Blake.

I'm happy for her with regarding the film role and she keeps working with good directors. I like her career path and choice in roles. It's so sensible and it is obvious that she picks roles carefully and based on what she likes and is interested in rather for money or fame. So now after the supporting parts, comes her first lead role, and one actually that the film revolves around. It's not such an easy transition so I hope that this works for her, both performance and film wise. She deserves it.

This girl has got it going on, and on so many levels, acting, film roles, fashion, friends etc. And she's full of surprises which is why so much of the media can't work her out. Btw, this has to be said but there is nothing, I repeat nothing that anyone can give her or help her with in terms of her career and ambition that she cannot do and attain for herself. Nothing. Everything she has accomplished so far has all been down to her and hard work on her part.

As for GG, Blake as Marilyn is the only reason I might be tempted to giveit the time of day and see a scene again. The show is over as far as I'm concerned.

Not quite sure where this Nina Dobrev comparison is coming from (is this like the new Leighton vs Blake?). I haven't actually read anything about this, but still it's very random and out of left field. Just because they are two female actresses doesn't mean everything has to be a competition. Though I can't say I've ever taken that much interest in Nina before, on the other hand Lea Michele, now her I find interesting off and onscreen.

I love the look of Blake in the Green Lantern premiere ... She is stunning :drool:

I like this article and the bag too: :drool:

Blake Lively is just one of those people that shouldn’t ever have a problem getting out of bed in the morning. Just think: The Gossip Girl star is BFFs with the likes of Karl Lagerfeld and Anna Wintour, has dated some of Hollywood’s hottest and most eligible bachelors (Leonardo Dicaprio, Ryan Reynolds… need we go on?) and has an ever-expanding CV which is already oozing with tip top acting and modelling gigs.

And to add to all of that, she got the chance to parade around the Gossip Girl set while toting the Mulberry Travel Camera bag, i.e. a truly scrumptious piece of arm candy… and we are ever so slightly jealous to say the least.

The gorgeous bag, which is fresh from the spring/summer 2012 collection, doesn’t officially hit stores until February, but of course Serena van der Woodsen wouldn’t have a problem getting her hands on it early either!

post-54098-0-1446092446-38326_thumb.jpg

http://www.myfashionlife.com/archives/2012..._medium=twitter

Huh whats all this stuff about Nina vs. Blake - dont tell me that all the trolls are trying to start something. I guess seeing as they got nowwhere with the Blave vs. Leighton thing, they want to start something new.

lolll I am just saying, I don't like how Nina is getting some Blake comparisons. It just doesn't make sense to me. I just found it shocking as many make the blake and leighton comparisons, as they are on the same show, but blake and nina aren't connected at all.

Chloe Moretz Wants Blake Lively’s ‘Ridiculous’ Chanel Wardrobe!

“I’m trying to branch out into a Blake Lively style wardrobe of Chanel,” Chloe said on the carpet at the People’s Choice Awards. “I’ve seen it personally, and it is ridiculous!”

“Yeah I definitely consider her a style inspiration,” Moretz told us. “I love love love Blake Lively. She’s one of my best friends, she’s like a sister to me. She’s awesome.”

:p

'Savages' is a love story tangled up with the war on drugs

Oliver Stone's film is based on Don Winslow's novel about a woman kidnapped by a Mexican cartel.

By John Horn, Los Angeles Times

January 15, 2012

Ben, Chon and O are Southern California dreamers — and in Oliver Stone's upcoming film "Savages," they run right into a Mexican drug cartel nightmare.

The two young men and woman at the center of Don Winslow's novel that inspired Stone's film are green-thinking Laguna Beach entrepreneurs, but rather than fabricating solar panels or organizing compost classes, the comely trio farms and sells knock-your-socks off marijuana, a hybrid weed so powerful it quickly becomes the envy of less kindhearted dealers south of the border.

"It's a classic Walmart against a high-end boutique," said Stone, who directed the Sept. 28 Universal release from a script by Shane Salerno (television's "Hawaii Five-0") and Winslow, whose celebrated crime novels include "The Power of the Dog" and "The Winter of Frankie Machine."

The cast is lead by Taylor Kitsch, who also stars in the studio's big-budget summer movie "Battleship" and Disney's "John Carter" this year. He plays Chon, a former Navy Seal and a longtime friend of agricultural associate Ben ("Kick-Ass'" Aaron Johnson). Ben comes from a more serene place — he's originally a Bay Area kid, after all — but both men set aside their pacifist tendencies when O (Blake Lively), the willowy woman with whom they both are in love, is kidnapped by the cartel.

The Mexican hoods have their own commanding female figure: Kingpin Elena (Salma Hayek), joined by the thug Lado (Benicio Del Toro), who favors baseball bats and chain saws over more conventional weapons.

Winslow's book is, as Stone calls it, "post-modern" — the first chapter is but two words, the first of which can't be printed here. "He used a lot of shorthand — everything was elliptical, so we can't match what he does on the page," Stone said. "But it was all absolutely vivid."

Stone said the film is hard to categorize — it's part gangster film, part drug drama, part love story. "I call it a romantic action-movie thriller," the director of "Wall Street" and "JFK" said.

The screenplay largely follows the novel (the book's "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" ending may be tweaked a bit) and brings to physical life much of what Winslow imagined — including some indoor, hydroponic pot farms that look far too genuine. Thanks to their lab work, Chon and Ben are able to produce a cannabis strain second to none, leading them to see themselves more as inventors than law breakers.

"It doesn't occur to them that they are criminals," Stone said.

Although Stone, a true libertarian when it comes to drugs, hopes the movie works purely as entertainment, he's also optimistic that "Savages" might prompt tough questions about the legitimacy of the war on drugs.

"I think that would be great," the director said.