Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

Anil

Despite her seemingly having a bit of a burst of energy earlier in the season, it's been evident for the past 2 seasons that Blake has been mentally checked out of Gossip Girl. And who wouldn't in her position? The writers all but murdered her character without actually killing her off, I'm glad now Blair fans know how it feels.

I do love how much Chloe admires and idolizes Blake, as far as mentors and friendships and positive role models go in Hollywood she could do worse. Good for her for picking a strong, sweet, drink-and-drug free homebody. If she follows Blake's steps/examples, rest assured we won't hear any Lohan-like stories of her imploding due to child stardom :yes:

Here are some pics from episode 10:

gossipgirlseason5episod.jpg

gossipgirlseason5episodi.jpg

Preview of Blake in Chanel at tonight's MOMA Film Benefit :) Glad to see her back where she belongs :yes: I don't care that the outfit looks a bit secretarial, although I'm sure it would look better when we get better quality photos, all I want are pics of her with Karl & Anna and all will be well ;)

aevtyfkciaimqv.jpg

I LOVE the outfit. I think it would have looked so great with just a killer pair of heels, no tights and a punch of colour -but she still looks great imo.

Anil

Despite her seemingly having a bit of a burst of energy earlier in the season, it's been evident for the past 2 seasons that Blake has been mentally checked out of Gossip Girl. And who wouldn't in her position? The writers all but murdered her character without actually killing her off, I'm glad now Blair fans know how it feels.

Yh its pretty obvious that shes just going through the paces at this stage seeing as she cant get out of the contract. I love how ppl forget that you atleast need a good/decent material to inspire/work with. Its 10x worse on TV cos if its bad material, you are stuck with it for a number of seasons/years until it gets better; whereas obviously in a movie even if its dreadful you can pretty much forget about it once its finished its thearical run.

tumblrlurp8dokrk1r3yog1.png

Accompanying words to this ed:

Blake Lively as Herself

She is XOXO.

She is Chanel bag.

She is Serena.

She is bombshell.

She is Marchesa.

She is gossip.

She is girl.

She is premier.

She is cover.

She is blonde, even when she's not.

She is beautiful no matter what they say, she is beautiful in every single way.

Blake Lively as Herself wearing Véline top Balenciaga skirt, Verdura earrings, Bulgari bracelet, Dior Joaillerie ring

From Vogue.com:

Before the Raúl Àvila–designed wall of 25,000 crimson roses, celebrities and New York notables were photographed on Tuesday evening in the transformed ground floor of the Museum of Modern Art. The occasion was the fourth annual MoMA Film Benefit which paid tribute to filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar.

“I just did this show with Justin Bieber,” John Waters could be heard telling Sarah Jessica Parker, who dazzled in floor-skimming Chanel, during the cocktail hour. Nearby Miranda Kerr, in ripple-print Peter Pilotto, said she hadn’t yet seen Almodóvar’s latest film, The Skin I Live In, but that, “I think I’m really going to like it. And I love Volver.” Zani Gugelmann counts Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown as her preferred film by the director, noting that she watches his movies without subtitles to work on her Spanish.

Guests including Blake Lively, Francisco Costa, Emma Stone, Mario Testino, Marina Abramović, and Elizabeth Olsen followed the trail of hurricane lamps to the museum’s subterranean movie theater. Felicity Jones sat patiently in the back row of the theater while Olivia Wilde and Oscar and Annette de la Renta slipped into their seats in the nick of time. Marie-Josée Kravis thanked fellow cochair Karl Lagerfeld for making the evening possible by underwriting almost the entire event through Chanel; she asked the audience, “How do you describe Karl Lagerfeld? I think he said it best. He’s a cocktail!”

Honorary cochairs Penélope Cruz and Antonio Banderas paid tribute to the Spanish director through a video as they could not be present for the celebration. Both actors declared their affinity for Almodóvar with Banderas concluding, “And the most important thing: I love you. You helped me and allowed me to create the skin I live in.” Then, preceding MoMA’s montage of Almodóvar’s oeuvre, Bruce Weber took the stage and recited the song, “Pedro, I’m Glad There Is You” by Lee Dorsey, with string accompaniment by Ian Mellencamp. “I love to live, I live to love,” he chanted warmly.

At last the director of such seminal films as High Heels, All About My Mother, Talk to Her, and Bad Education, humbly addressed the audience, excusing himself by saying, “My English is not so good, I don’t know if with these emotions I will be able to spell a letter. I’m so moved I don’t know what to say!” But then, smiling, he continued: “The cinema is the most important experience of my life. With my first salary as an operator at a telephone company I bought a Super 8 camera and started filming.”

Upstairs guests searched for their table assignments and greeted old friends. Lively, in a feathered peplum Chanel, gave Emma Stone an eager hug while Mario Testino chatted with Alicia Keys. Between courses of leg of lamb and coconut panna cotta, diners were treated to a performance by Keys who told the crowd, “I hope you’re feeling extravagant tonight because this is an extravagant kind of evening.” Keys played the piano and sang a trio of songs, finishing with the city’s namesake hit. “If you know the words you can sing along,” she encouraged. “In fact, you can scream it.”

Cute! It seems Emma is being welcomed into Anna's fold :hehe:

Thanks for the pix, vids, and articles! :flower:

Another pic of Blake and Chloe at WWD

She looks really stunning at the MoMA benefit. There's a lot going on with the dress, and jewelry on top of that, but I can appreciate the fabulous-ness of it all (fitting for a tribute to Almodovar :D) and the overall effect is very sophisticated. The booties/tights/skirt do look like they could be an entirely different outfit. It works with the coat she was wearing, but bare legs and different shoes probably would have worked better at tying the look together sans coat. The original post-43201-0-1446091968-46466_thumb.jpg paired it with boots, which makes sense since it's fall/winter collection. Maybe boots weren't considered dressy enough for the evening so tights and Louboutin booties were substituted, but I would have liked boots better. Boots or bare - no in between! ;)

SoSo cute

Behind-the-scenes, Chloe talked to Teen Vogue about why she loves acting, her relationship with Gossip Girl’s Blake Lively

http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/fash...hoot-teen-vogue

"Like the sister I never had.." aww, how sweet is that? :wub:

I do wish we had gotten one with her, Anna and Karl but going through the pics at the agencies and such, it does seem like she had to leave early. Maybe she had an early call time for GG or something? :blink: It def would have been nice and not to mention, assuring, to see some pics of her and her two backers :(