Bellazon

Everyone or Merciful?

Cult Icon

Which one?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite actor?

• Gary Oldman
    • Joaquin Phoenix

As excellent as Oldman can be, it's a real struggle to think of a more under-appreciated actor right now than Phoenix (which I suppose is partly his own doing, what with the whole 'I'm Still Here' fiasco :laugh:). If he's still working when he's Daniel Day Lewis's age, I believe he'll be mentioned in the same breath.

I believe that Phoenix should have won Best Actor for the Master.  'Lincoln' was not even remotely as challenging or memorable as it.  

He was also excellent in 'Gladiator..' Funny that, as I thought Russel Crowe's character was badly written but he won.

Phoenix in Gladiator is one of the finest 'boo-hiss' villains in cinematic history - also I just saw him in Her which is a rather nice little turn... I think, when I way it all up  :ermm: , Oldman is more hit-and-miss. Incidentally I reckon you've posted both of their finest performances in your opening gambit, Mr. Icon;)

I heard JP was good in 'Walk the Line' but I didn't see it, though.  Oldman tends to do many memorable supporting characters. Mason & Zorg from Hannibal/Fifth Element: :D

If you look closely at Commodus, he starts the film as a bootlicking sycophant and then progressively succumbs to megalomania.  You know someone has lost it when they start talking about "a thousand years from now".. 

On a side note, I love this 5 second clip portraying the 'Roman people' from Gladiator.

=============

Got myself a copy of "The Immigrant" 

vlcsnap-2014-03-23-00h31m44s122.png vlcsnap-2014-03-23-00h42m36s31.png vlcsnap-2014-03-23-00h43m47s182.png vlcsnap-2014-03-23-00h43m55s7.png vlcsnap-2014-03-23-00h44m07s145.png vlcsnap-2014-03-23-00h44m15s223.png

• 3 months later...