Bellazon

How do I rip streaming video?

Hm, ok, so how can a person like, rip a video from ftv.com? :blink:

I've been dying to download a couple videos there to my computer. tried the cache thing, Wm Recorder, etc etc..and now I think I messed up something cuz when I watch the videos on the page the quality is much worse, the buffering is all messed up, I dont know. Help me?

Hm, ok, so how can a person like, rip a video from ftv.com? :blink:

I've been dying to download a couple videos there to my computer. tried the cache thing, Wm Recorder, etc etc..and now I think I messed up something cuz when I watch the videos on the page the quality is much worse, the buffering is all messed up, I dont know. Help me?

Ok, now the image is upside down, and lime green. It wasnt like that in the morning. What did I do?

I wish I were smarter.

Cool, now is no longer lime green and upside down. But the quality is still crappy. And my computer restarted and all the video settings were like, undone and messy and i still don't have a clue what I'm doing. When should I have stopped?

Edited by cowabungadude

I finally got it (crap, but, whatever) since it wasnt possible to use WM recorder or other traditional recorders I know, the only option was Easy Video Recorder wich is basically a software that records whatever's going on your screen, cropt the part you want and then I put the scenes (separated by lots and lots buffering periods) together in Windows Movie Maker (hence the bad quality). So its not good, but its the best I could do whatever. anyway the video is nice, lots of early runway gisele going on, check it out in the motion thread if you like :)

FTV.tv is thier new site with a huge archive full of stuff for download just by clicking a download button, so there is no difficulty dealing with all the extra stuff if they have what you want there. :) Pretty decent download speeds too, and you can have 4 things going at once, maybe more, but I got it to four at once.

Capt, thats the same site, only I cant downaod anything. I can watch the videos, even enlarged versions but cannot download them to my cp. And they keep asking me to register or something to have full access, and you have to pay..and I dont like models THAt much LOl. Unless Im missing something

Well that sucks, I didn't realize that they started charging for access. :/ I attempted to rip one of the videos from there, and lets just say, I quit before I figured it out. You can right click and go to properties on the video, to see the url it's streaming from, unfortunately, it's a false url, to prevent you from downloading it, but if you work at it enough, it's probably possible to download them all without having an account. Problem is is that would take forever for each one. :/

Did you have a couple videos you wanted specifically, maybe I can download them and then upload them for you?

Well that sucks, I didn't realize that they started charging for access. :/ I attempted to rip one of the videos from there, and lets just say, I quit before I figured it out. You can right click and go to properties on the video, to see the url it's streaming from, unfortunately, it's a false url, to prevent you from downloading it, but if you work at it enough, it's probably possible to download them all without having an account. Problem is is that would take forever for each one. :/

Did you have a couple videos you wanted specifically, maybe I can download them and then upload them for you?

Nah, its no big deal, don't sweat it.

Bu thanks so much for the attention :) You're the best

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not sure if this could be a solution ...

but there are some programs, i don't remember the name now, that let you capture not a vid, but a part ( or all ) the screen and record it as a video ( i leaned about it in a class where a friend did a video manual with that )

well, you can change the size of the capture square of however it's called to fit right in the size of the video you want to keep ... and there, that should be it

• 2 weeks later...