Bellazon

Elena Dementieva
Thumbnail

lenafan

She is not having great year but for sure her career is not over. Every player have some bad years, the goal is how to overcome this tough period. She suffred from injury this year and right now, her main problem is not her serve but her confidence. she needs urgently one big win. The hard-court season is her best surface and where she is playing traditionally very good. 1st station starting in monday in San Diego.

back to the "real" business, here is the last part of Wimbeldon.

sw151uj2.jpg

sw152zo3.jpg

sw153qs8.jpg

sw154qd8.jpg

sw155wx9.jpg

sw156ww1.jpg

sw157hf2.jpg

SHE NEEDS A COACH...a real one!!! Her game is not improving at all...she runs and runs and runs without any kind of ideas how to make the point. New players hit harder then her, opening all the angles, doing errors but also winners... I'm a big fan of her since US OPEN 2000, so I hope your right...THANKS FOR THE PICS...she's always the hottest!!!

We all know her problems and It would be nice if she had already 4 GS titles, ranking no. 1 and playing without Double faults. This is life. I still belive that her career is far from over (she is still only 25) although she will have to change several things. We might have some more bad results in the next weeks but I still belive that she is capable of doing great things in the future.

She won yesterday in the 1st round in San Diego against Castano. It wasn't brilliant and she dropped the 2nd set but the most important thing is that she is still there.

here are some pics from yesterday. I will put more in the next days.

diegogv0.jpg

diego1yx3.jpg

diego2ja6.jpg

diego3fx0.jpg

diego4fb1.jpg

The tournament is San Diego is over for Elena. She lost in the SF to Patty Schnyder, shame, but it was good week for Elena. Now to LA, she is the champion but it will be very difficult to take the title....

lovely pics from San Diego, she is perfect when she is happy....

diego39co7.jpg

diego45dv7.jpg

diego46tm9.jpg

diego47ks6.jpg

diego48rd7.jpg

diego49mc4.jpg

diego50bl7.jpg

Daniela went down (She retired in the 2nd set, she was ill), and tonight it is the biggest test: Sharapova....

Elena is not the favourite but she won their match here last year and she is playing so far fantasic. Even if she will lose, the good thing is that she slowly back to her form...

some pics from the match against Daniela

la70eq4.jpg

la71ej6.jpg

la73yn9.jpg

la72lz5.jpg

all access hour Toronto, looking fantastic....

canjy1.jpg

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...lobeSportsOther

Dementieva skates around big issues, but not the Buffalo Sabres

TOM TEBBUTT

From Tuesday's Globe and Mail

August 13, 2007 at 10:32 PM EDT

The player roundtable sessions with reporters before a big tournament such as the Rogers Cup are a bit like improvisational theatre — you never know what will happen.

World No. 1 Justine Henin, No. 3 Jelena Jankovic and No. 5 Svetlana Kuznetsova were all available yesterday but the most fun was at the table where Elena Dementieva sat awaiting reporters.

The tall Russian — 5 feet 11 inches — is one of the best athletes on the women's tour. Now 25, she ranked as high as No. 4 in 2004 and reached the finals of both the French and U.S. Opens that same year.

She has also become infamous for her serving problems, going through periods when she hits gaggles of double faults and/or just slices her serve in at unflatteringly slow speeds.

It is kind of the elephant in the living room with Dementieva, now ranked No.ƒ|17, and The Globe and Mail reporter and the representative of a Japanese publication who sat down with her were meticulous about steering the conversation to other subjects.

The Japanese reporter, claiming there are more than 25,000 Japanese who come to the Rogers Cup just to see women's tennis, informed Dementieva she was "the second most recognized and popular player in Japan."

"That's surprising," she reacted, guessing that Japanese player Ai Sugiyama was first before being informed that it was "Roger" (no last name required).

The Japanese reporter then said: "The problem with the Japanese people is that they're intimidated by people like you. How can you suggest people from Japan might be less scared of you?"

Caught off-guard, Dementieva said: "Oh really, they're scared of me? Why, because I'm too tall?"

He explained: "Because you're taller, you're tough and you're so beautiful."

"I don't know what to say," the blond-haired Dementieva said, adding with her infectious giggle, "I'm not that scary."

Talk turned to what she does with her time off, and she said: "When I have time off, I'm always watching hockey."

The reason for that is because her boyfriend and fellow Russian, Maxim Afinogenov, is a forward with the Buffalo Sabres.

By that time, a hockey reporter had joined the group. When asked who was the fastest skater on the Sabres, he confirmed it was indeed Afinogenov, who is fleet and has amazing acceleration.

When asked to join speculation about who might be a faster player in the NHL, Dementieva declined, saying with a laugh that gave away her bias, "I can't answer that question."

Just about then, the elephant in the living room emerged when a new person arrived at the table and said, "Has anyone asked about your serve?"

That twitchy stroke is comparable to having the yips in golf. In Miami in 2004, she hit 57 double faults in six matches.

"Not yet," she replied with good humour.

"I've watched you a number of times, especially in New York at the U.S. Open," the questioner went on. "You were only hitting 55 miles an hour. If you just cranked that up ¡K"

"Help," Dementieva said with a laugh, "he's trying to embarrass me. I think it's time to go for lunch."

The Japanese reporter turned the conversation back to hockey, asking her what she most enjoyed about watching the game ¡K "the skill, the power?"

"I just like to watch Max play," she confessed.

Dementieva goes to a lot of games and said she does get recognized.

A Buffalo journalist had joined in and talk turned to the western New York metropolis.

"I came from Buffalo an hour ago," Dementieva said. "I spend a lot of time in Buffalo and Toronto."

When the hockey scribe suggested there was really no downtown in Buffalo, Dementieva got defensive. "It is not only about the buildings or downtown," she insisted, "it's about the people you meet. It's about the Buffalo Sabres, the team, the spirit."

With another of her girlish giggles, she added: "It's not only about the Manhattan look. For me, it's one of the good cities that I know."

Depending on how Canadian players do this week, Dementieva could be as close as some locals get to having one of their own playing in the late stages of this year's Rogers Cup.