Bellazon

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Michael*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting such a good feeling about this movie, I hope it tears up the box office and Marvel are encouraged to keep trying new things. They seem to be nailing the humour, and Rocket Raccoon will clearly steal the show. For some reason, something about his voice just screams 'Zoolander' to me. :laugh:

I wonder if the shiny purple oval-shaped thing on Ronan's hammer will turn out to be another Infinity Gem? :hehe:

It's already confirmed to be one of the Infinity Gems. It's the Power stone (which is actually supposed to be red), and ironically the Aether in Thor The Dark World, is red but in the comics it's purple, just switching around the colours it appears. 

• 1 month later...

Man this movie was fantastic. Just pure fun. All the heroes were great. Surprisingly funny the whole way through. The villains were bit weak, but this was about the heroes being awesome more than the villain. Probably the second best marvel movie after Winter Soldier. Marvel took a gamble here and it paid off in spades.

• 2 weeks later...

Man this movie was fantastic. Just pure fun. All the heroes were great. Surprisingly funny the whole way through. The villains were bit weak, but this was about the heroes being awesome more than the villain. Probably the second best marvel movie after Winter Soldier. Marvel took a gamble here and it paid off in spades.

Exactly what I think :hehe:

Special mention for Groot & Rocket Raccoon :wub2: :PinkCouture2:

• 3 years later...

I recently remembered something about the making of this movie. Marvel had a "creative committee" which advised and gave notes on the movies during production. After Disney restructured Marvel and Marvel studios, this is not longer the case.

Specific to Guardians, the committee advised director James Gunn to get rid of the music used in the movie. I can't imagine how much that would have ruined the feel of the movie as it's such an important aspect of the story for Peter Quill.

Some people should not be involved in things they don't understand.   :smile:

On 31/1/2018 at 10:46 PM, jkjk said:

I recently remembered something about the making of this movie. Marvel had a "creative committee" which advised and gave notes on the movies during production. After Disney restructured Marvel and Marvel studios, this is not longer the case.

Specific to Guardians, the committee advised director James Gunn to get rid of the music used in the movie. I can't imagine how much that would have ruined the feel of the movie as it's such an important aspect of the story for Peter Quill.

The music on this movie, and even more on Vol. 2 is simply amazing. I would have been an awful mistake to get rid of it.

35 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

The music on this movie, and even more on Vol. 2 is simply amazing. I would have been an awful mistake to get rid of it.

Absolutely. The music is an important part of the movie, almost like another character.

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2018 at 1:46 AM, jkjk said:

Hopefully, the studios take heed from that and realise that the trick to making decent comic book films is as simple as letting talented directors deliver a vision. Growing up, I never read the source material wanting everything to look and feel the same, the shared world but with different styles and approaches was a large part of what made it such fun. :smile:

It's strange now to think back to the Guardians being labelled "Marvel’s first bomb" prior to the release. :rofl: