Bellazon

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Michael*

post-20523-0-1446079456-92435_thumb.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy is an upcoming American science fiction superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is intended to be the tenth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is written and directed by James Gunn, with a story by Gunn and Nicole Perlman, and features an ensemble cast including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, and Benicio del Toro. In Guardians of the Galaxy, Peter Quill forms an uneasy alliance with a group of misfits who are on the run after stealing a coveted orb.

Producer Kevin Feige first publicly mentioned Guardians of the Galaxy as a potential film in 2010, and Marvel Studios announced that the film was in active development at the San Diego Comic-Con International in July 2012. Gunn entered negotiations to write and direct the film that August. In February 2013, Pratt was hired to play Peter Quill, and the supporting cast was filled out over the next several months. Filming began in July 2013 at Shepperton Studios, England with filming continuing in London before wrapping up in October 2013. The film is scheduled to be released on August 1, 2014, and will be released in 3D.

Premise

In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. In order to evade Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a group of misfits including Gamora, Rocket, Drax the Destroyer and Groot. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.

I love Chris Pratt to death, especially on Parks and Rec :D :D He is hilarious!

Oh and because of this, just gonna leave this here:

post-42953-0-1446079472-65934_thumb.jpg

Anyways looks interesting, I don't know too much about these comics, but its Marvel, so I know I'll enjoy :D

Anyways looks interesting, I don't know too much about these comics, but its Marvel, so I know I'll enjoy smily%20new%20one.gif

I too am only vaguely familiar with the 'Guardians' source material, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Who else but Marvel could find a way to make non-readers care about a movie with a walking tree, a gun-toting raccoon and Benicio Del Toro dressed as a member of Empire of the Sun? :laugh:

Anyways looks interesting, I don't know too much about these comics, but its Marvel, so I know I'll enjoy smily%20new%20one.gif

I too am only vaguely familiar with the 'Guardians' source material, but I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Who else but Marvel could find a way to make non-readers care about a movie with a walking tree, a gun-toting raccoon and Benicio Del Toro dressed as a member of Empire of the Sun? :laugh:

Only Marvel :rofl: 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/06/2014 at 2:01 PM, Michael* said:

Also, it was confirmed earlier in the week that Josh Brolin will be playing the part of Thanos in the movie. Not sure if that's common knowledge, but it was certainly news to me. :laugh:

Wasn't heard of, thanks for letting us know! :D Managed to Google stuff on it and he's now also said to be appearing in Age of Ultron too! Considering The Collector is in this film, I'm thinking we get another Infinity Gem in the midst :yes: 

On 10/06/2014 at 7:10 AM, RafSecret said:

Considering The Collector is in this film, I'm thinking we get another Infinity Gem in the midst :yes:

It'll be fascinating to see if they'll have the time (or the inclination) to weave all six Infinity Gems into the storyline before 'Avengers 3' comes out. I'm guessing 'Guardians' will reference the Aether, introduce a third gem, or do both, which would still only put them at the halfway point.

I don't think they'll go there with 'Ant-Man' or 'Captain America 3', so unless there are other movies in the works that we don't know about yet, that only really leaves 'Age of Ultron'. :unsure: