Bellazon

Kate Grigorieva
Thumbnail

DanniCullen

3 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

Yeeeees!! I wish she would get more jobs!  I thought she was the perfect Versace Girl, then all of the sudden she never walked the show again, she fitted the brand perfectly. Then I was so happy that she was made an Angel, wish that VS would sign her again!

I believe  that was because the language barrier. She is stunning.

1 minute ago, dennis123 said:

So sad, because she was the most promising of the NA in my opinion :smile: 

Yeah, but I mean, look at how much sh** Lais and other no native english speakers had to put up with and they are actually very good..Kate wasn't the best fit to start with

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Yeah, but I mean, look at how much sh** Lais and other no native english speakers had to put up with and they are actually very good..Kate wasn't the best fit to start with

I know, it's kinda sad, but still love the fact that VS is casting Kate for the show! :smile: 

I feel like 2015-2016 is when the industry went through peak insta-girl phase and maybe that changed VS's attention from Kate to Jo (who was on alot of playdates with Kendall/selena etc).... I also wouldn't be surprised if they hired her to position her towards the Store opening in Russia. (Even though Behati filled her place in the end...)

Kate is so underrated, but unfortunately she came in the modeling period where her type of beauty is not in fashion. She is classic beauty, bombshell and now the type of models this industry wants are so called ugly-pretty models. Models who are not conventionally pretty and who have million flaws, she just couldn't fit in into this. Russian goddesses ruled the runway 10 years ago, now it is thin, lanky and bland girls.

3 hours ago, elitebreeze said:

Kate is so underrated, but unfortunately she came in the modeling period where her type of beauty is not in fashion. She is classic beauty, bombshell and now the type of models this industry wants are so called ugly-pretty models. Models who are not conventionally pretty and who have million flaws, she just couldn't fit in into this. Russian goddesses ruled the runway 10 years ago, now it is thin, lanky and bland girls.

Sadly, this. It is too bad that Kate didn't start 10 years ago (she was even old enough then!!). She could've joined the likes of Natasha Poly with her killer walk and bombshell looks... she just started too late, unfortunately and is already pretty "old" in the industry. I wish she paved the way for Russian babes to be back "in".

On 11/5/2017 at 3:01 PM, Juicyhermes said:

I have a feeling she is going to walk in the Balmain portion of VSFS since she walked Balmain for the past couple of seasons and walked the l'oreal show 

I don't think she walked the L'Oreal show? She was credited on models.com but I don't think I saw her picture. But Olivier does use her in his shows often.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:21 AM, elitebreeze said:

I think this all the time too! If it had been 10 years ago she'd be a massive hit!
I don't think the insta-era helped her chances either :sad:

On 11/10/2017 at 12:59 PM, ribeiro said:

I think this all the time too! If it had been 10 years ago she'd be a massive hit!
I don't think the insta-era helped her chances either :sad:

Agreed. She is amazing compared to some of these... 'Insta' wannabes. I hope 2018 is amazing modelling year for Kate!