Bellazon

Rose Byrne
Thumbnail

Rhett

post-3104-0-1446089114-37701_thumb.jpg Rose Byrne (born July 24, 1979) is an Australian actress.

Byrne was born in Sydney, Australia of Irish and Scottish descent. She made her debut in comedy at the age of 12, in the film Dallas Doll, starring Sandra Bernhard, and subsequently appeared in minor roles in several Australian soap operas, including Heartbreak High, Echo Point and Fallen Angels.

In 1999, Byrne appeared in two low-budget theatrical films: The Date and Two Hands, which co-starred Heath Ledger. In 2000, Byrne was awarded Best Female Performance at the Venise Festival for her role in director Clara Law's The Goddess of 1967. She subsequently appeared in three stage plays with the Sydney Theatre Company, including La Dispute.

In 2002, Byrne pursued an acting career in the United States, and appeared in a minor role in the science fiction film Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. She subsequently played Rose Mortmain in the English adaptation of Dodie Smith's novel, I Capture the Castle (2003), and later starred opposite Josh Hartnett and Diane Kruger in the American thriller Wicker Park (2004), a remake of Gilles Mimouni's L'Appartement. Also in 2004, Byrne played Briseis in director Wolfgang Petersen's Troy.

In 2005, she appeared in a BBC television adaptation of Casanova, and in The Tenants, a film of Bernard Malamud's novel. Byrne's next role will be in director Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, currently scheduled for an October 2006 release.

[edit]

Filmography

* the Dead girl (2007) (in production)

* Sunshine (2007) (post production)

* Marie-Antoinette (2006) (post- production)

* Casanova (2005) (TV)

* The Tenants (2005)

* Wicker Park (2004)

* Troy (2004)

* Take Away (2003)

* The Rage In Placid Lake (2003)

* The Night We Called It a Day (2003)

* I Capture the Castle (2003)

* City of Ghosts (2002)

* Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)

* The Pitch (2001) .... Girl

* The Goddess of 1967 (2000) .... B.G.

* My Mother Frank (2000) .... Jenny

* Two Hands (1999) .... Alex

* The Date (1999) .... Sophie

* Echo Point (1995) TV Series .... Belinda O'Connor

* Dallas Doll (1994) .... Rastus Sommers

I saw Wicker Park and didn't think much of her, but I didn't like the movie. I did like how she was a foil for Diane Heidkruger. then I saw Troy, and totally fell for her in that movie. her eyes reminded me of Alba, and her expressions reminded me of a lot of other actresses. and of course, lovely to see her with Diane again

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...