Bellazon

True Detective

PinkCouture

The scene where they run through the thicket, while testifying at the same time that they were under the fire, brilliant. Every Court would believe the version of the characters. I liked it, but now it's just the great

I don't think Marty is The Yellow King but this is still a fun read. I also noticed from the beginning the name of the show is True Detective---singular ;)

True Detective's Biggest Clue About the Yellow King Has Been Right Under Our Noses

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/hbo-true-detective-poster-yellow-king-clue-195650813.html

Had a look at the opener. I wouldn't say I’m completely hooked but clearly, there’s a lot to like. The languid pacing is like watching a novel unfold onscreen, there's a dreamlike atmosphere that you could cut with a knife, and the promise of there being no irritating cliffhangers to negotiate is an added bonus. The actual murder mystery element is neither here nor there for me at the moment, I'm more interested in finding out out exactly why the two leads are seemingly estranged. When they spoke about each other, the tension was palpable (Rust never sleeps? Arf! :rofl:).

I do hope they’re going to give Michelle Monaghan more to do in the coming episodes though, it's hard not to be suspicious of writers who can't (or won’t) portray women as anything other than dead bodies or prostitutes.

Weak point of this series is a bit similarity to Hannibal, similarities with the Killing are acceptable because of screenwriter.

Agreed, I thought the antlers and the elaborate posing of the victims were very reminiscent of 'Hannibal', which I just couldn't stick. Drearily paced, pretentiously arty and generally imposible to take seriously, while simultaneously taking itself incredibly seriously. Thankfully, nothing else in 'True Detective' reminded me of it. :ninja:

I think the problem with Fukunaga's non-return is that he (Nic Pizzolatto) wants to have multiple directors next season. Not because he was unsatisfied with Fukunaga's work, but that the production process for season two will be such that they will be required to film and/or edit multiple episodes at a time (GoT style).

^ I have not seen GoT yet :ninja:

Fukunaga is already working on projects so even if Pizzolatto wants him back for season 2 it wouldn't be possible. Maybe for future seasons. As much I like the idea of having one director for the whole season, from a production standpoint it isn't very practical.

Since the series is an anthology I think Pizzolatto wants every season to be it's own story, central theme, style and etc :)

Well I was utterly wrong in my predictions and wasn't at all expecting that!

I think the problem with Fukunaga's non-return is that he (Nic Pizzolatto) wants to have multiple directors next season. Not because he was unsatisfied with Fukunaga's work, but that the production process for season two will be such that they will be required to film and/or edit multiple episodes at a time (GoT style).