Bellazon

Kyra Santoro
Thumbnail

pitounsky

C-Heads

Ph: Lauren Engel

125e10464092892.jpg af28d2464092900.jpg 44ad30464092911.jpg 7c8693464092920.jpg 98e437464092928.jpg cbf83f464092936.jpg bfde4a464092943.jpg 99ac34464092950.jpg 3b1e26464092959.jpg e8645d464092969.jpg bc19b0464092980.jpg 15bbe0464092987.jpg 63bee4464092991.jpg a0ce2a464092998.jpg e847f8464093009.jpg 2eb9e8464093015.jpg c8a80c464093019.jpg 74a4b6464093027.jpg d6a449464093031.jpg 9a3523464093037.jpg acd08b464093043.jpg 2fa267464093049.jpg

Tell us about your upbringing and how did it shape the person you are now?
I was born and raised in LA which I am so grateful for because I have been fortunate enough to have my entire family here as a support system while I’m pursuing modeling. I always grew up doing extreme sports with my family, they never really pushed for team sports it just wasn’t our thing. I grew up dirt bike riding, wake boarding, surfing, and snow boarding. I think all of that made me grow up very tough and now it helps with my job because I have tough skin and a backbone. Growing up I never thought I wanted to be a model I always thought I was just going to end up in college with all my friends and go that same route they did. When I was 17 almost 18 was when I decided I was going to try and pursue a career In modeling, and here I am 5 years later:)

How were you scouted/how did you begin modeling?
I was never scouted for modeling I built my career from the ground up with all my own ambition. I was told “no” a lot because of my height (5’7”) but I knew that someone would eventually say yes. I started out building a book by shooting with different photographers and then I went to open calls at almost every agency in LA. when I signed with my first agency I didn’t feel like I was reaching my full potential with them and I still had to hustle for jobs that I wanted. After my contract ended with them I left and didn’t renew. I’m now with someone else and am much happier. Honestly I feel like my modeling is partially where I want it to be as of 2 years ago. I just now am starting to feel like I’m truly a successful model.

Outside of modeling, what passions do you have?
I absolutely love working out, it keeps me grounded and feeling good inside. I also love wake boarding in the summer I try to go as much as I can. My only other passion is reading, I have a soft spot for romantic poetry.

Has social media changed you as a person? How has social media influenced your career?
I don’t think social media has changed me as a person, but I think social media has helped boost my career to a higher level. I think it has helped put my pictures out there for new brands to see me that wouldn’t have before. I think of my instagram as a second portfolio and a place to show my personality.

What were you like in high school? What would you say to your younger self?

In high school I was a social butterfly and had friends in a lot of different groups, I was always kind of a tomboy and never super girly. I was never really the “hot” girl growing up and I think it was partly because I was a tomboy and partly because I was a late bloomer. I wasn’t really comfortable with myself until I started modeling which sounds crazy because I know that modeling can make some girls very insecure because you are constantly being analyzed by everyone. I am now more happy and comfortable in my skin than I have ever been, and I would tell my younger self not to worry and to be happy and confident.

What is your perception about true love?
I think true love exists, obviously with my love for poetry I am deep down a hopeless romantic. I think there are so many people in this world and there is someone out there for everyone. At times I feel like people jump into marriages and relationships and ignore certain signals that show that those 2 people don’t belong together. I think true love should be equal parts communication and trust. I think true love isn’t the kind of relationship where 2 people are fighting and making up all the time, it should be fun and happiness.

http://www.c-heads.com/2016/01/09/kyra-santoro/

I love her but her SI pictures are just tragic :no: What did they do to her face!? She's so naturally pretty and all that retouching made her look like a dude, I don't think Kyra has great chances to win this thing.