Bellazon

News & General Discussion

Capt Snow

• 1 month later...

Ana and other members of the M&S advertising campaigns are being dropped by M&S :/

http://www.metro.co.uk/lifestyle/869644-da...adverts-dropped

''Dannii Minogue dumped by M&S as star-studded TV adverts dropped

Dannii Minogue has been dumped for the second time this year - by her bosses, that is - after M&S axed the former X Factor judge from its ad campaign.

The high street retailer has been having a reshuffle in an effort to boost its appeal to customers, with Dannii, singer VV Brown and model Ana Beatriz Barros all being dropped.

Dannii Minogue will no longer be featuring in the star-studded campaigns for M&S (PA) Dannii Minogue will no longer be featuring in the star-studded campaigns for M&S (PA)

It's also rumoured Myleene Klass and Lizzy Jagger didn't make the cut.

However, model Twiggy, Lisa Snowden and Jamie Redknapp are all thought to still be on M&S's books.

The retailer has refused to comment on its future advertising plans, but statements have been released by both VV and Ana Beatriz saying they parted on good terms.

'Due to VV's other music commitments, it was mutually agreed that this would be her last campaign,' one read, while Ana Beatriz's spokesperson said: 'This was just one of the many contracts she has running worldwide.'

But there has been no word from the Minogue camp yet and, this afternoon, Dannii's Twitter profile still described her as being a 'M&S girl'.

It's been a tough year for the mum-of-one's career. She was forced to leave The X Factor in May after bosses couldn't find a way to work around her existing commitments. ''

• 2 weeks later...

An interview with Ana I found on the Vogue website :wave:

DON'T expect diva behaviour from Ana Beatriz Barros - the Victoria's Secret Angel and M&S model - she maintains the secret to her success is staying grounded and working hard.

SEE ANA ON THE CATWALK

"I always emphasize how professional you have to be in this job," she told the Times. "You can't be a diva - they never last long. You have to be on time and take care of yourself. You sell your image. That's the job, not partying or traveling, but selling your image. It's hard... Yesterday I went out to dinner and I could hear people saying my name! My boyfriend was like, 'You're famous now!'. I'm really happy, because that means I did my job well and I'm getting the results back - and that was my goal."

But that doesn't mean it's all work for the Brazilian model; there are moments when she appreciates the spectacle and glamour of her profession - like when she's on the Victoria's Secret catwalk.

"[it's] like being in another world - just amazing," she said. "It's a big deal in America, everybody watches it; it's like the World Cup! They want to see the glamour and the beauty and the fetish of the fashion. At the same time as Justin Timberlake is performing you are walking up the catwalk wearing wings, with glitter on the floor. That's glamorous!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...