Bellazon

Regina Spektor
Thumbnail

~Moofins~

Regina's website

Regina Spektor was born in Moscow, Russia, on February 18, 1980. She began learning to play the piano when she was 6, studying classical music and listening to classic rock like The Beatles and Queen (courtesy of her father's collection of cassettes). She and her family moved from what was then still the Soviet Union during the Perestroika era. After stopping off in Austria and Italy, the Spektors eventually settled in the Bronx, New York, in 1989.

bio from http://www.askmen.com/women/singer_300/303...na_spektor.html

Regina Spektor, I wandered onto her vocals last week, and now I adore her. It really takes some getting used to, but I find her sound to be refreshing. It's basically voice and piano, and her voice just carries through the song. At first it may be abrasive, but given a few listens, it's very pretty and relaxing.

She is very off-beat, even with her look(although she looks a bit like Kemp Muhl to me). Has anyone else heard of her?

• 2 years later...

Feels a bit odd to be replying more than two years after the first post but anyway, I love Regina. :heart:

I heard her for the first time on 'Modern Girls & Old Fashion Men' by The Strokes, and afterwards I made a point of tracking down as much of her solo work as possible. Since then, 'Soviet Kitsch' has become one of my favourite albums of all time. Her voice is stunning and totally unique.

Randoms -

post-20523-0-1446055917-67492_thumb.jpg th_regina_296.jpg/monthly_08_2008/post-20523-0-1446055917-72038_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3064823" alt="post-20523-0-1446055917-72038_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="138.17">

th_reginaspektor_bearbeit.jpg/monthly_08_2008/post-20523-0-1446055917-74361_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3064824" alt="post-20523-0-1446055917-74361_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="100">

Credit to luger.se

Feels a bit odd to be replying more than two years after the first post but anyway, I love Regina. :heart:

I heard her for the first time on 'Modern Girls & Old Fashion Men' by The Strokes, and afterwards I made a point of tracking down as much of her solo work as possible. Since then, 'Soviet Kitsch' has become one of my favourite albums of all time. Her voice is stunning and totally unique.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...