Bellazon

Nyadak 'Duckie' Thot
Thumbnail

FashionDream

5 minutes ago, MARSHADA1 said:

i want her in vsfs 2018, she's very beautiful, an angel

She would be perfection for VS! Especially PINK since she's vibrant, young, fun, has such a lovely voice and outgoing personality! I would love her to become a PINK Spokesmodel and then transition into mainline and become an Angel soon :wub: it's about time we have a black, dark-skinned Angel and I don't count Jasmine since she's gotten really light-skinned lately and she's of mixed-race heritage. 

4 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

She would be perfection for VS! Especially PINK since she's vibrant, young, fun, has such a lovely voice and outgoing personality! I would love her to become a PINK Spokesmodel and then transition into mainline and become an Angel soon :wub: it's about time we have a black, dark-skinned Angel and I don't count Jasmine since she's gotten really light-skinned lately and she's of mixed-race heritage. 

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000, agree

32 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

She would be perfection for VS! Especially PINK since she's vibrant, young, fun, has such a lovely voice and outgoing personality! I would love her to become a PINK Spokesmodel and then transition into mainline and become an Angel soon  it's about time we have a black, dark-skinned Angel and I don't count Jasmine since she's gotten really light-skinned lately and she's of mixed-race heritage. 

I agree. I remember stumbling on a picture of her and I HAD to find out who she was, she is a black human  barbie doll. Her face, her proportions, everything. I always admire doll-like features in models, e.g I also love Frida Aasen who looks like a vintage doll.

My only issue is sometimes she looks a bit tired in candids - nothing a little makeup can't fix though.

1 minute ago, Ichigo9 said:

I agree. I remember stumbling on a picture of her and I HAD to find out who she was, she is a black human  barbie doll. Her face, her proportions, everything. I always admire doll-like features in models, e.g I also love Frida Aasen who looks like a vintage doll.

My only issue is sometimes she looks a bit tired in candids - nothing a little makeup can't fix though.

I agree 100% I've been obsessed with her recently when I saw pictures of her during the BET Awards and I was taking away with how gorgeous she was and suddenly...she blew up! :ddr:I agree she can look a bit tired in photos but I think it's just her natural eyes, a very common African physical trait. It can be fixed with makeup and editing because it's nothing major and also, she could be more expressive and I wish she could be in more campaigns or photoshoots that require her to be more playful and show off that famous million dollar smile :wub:

IMG_8766.JPG IMG_8767.JPG

17 hours ago, AngelAshley94 said:

I agree 100% I've been obsessed with her recently when I saw pictures of her during the BET Awards and I was taking away with how gorgeous she was and suddenly...she blew up! I agree she can look a bit tired in photos but I think it's just her natural eyes, a very common African physical trait. It can be fixed with makeup and editing because it's nothing major and also, she could be more expressive and I wish she could be in more campaigns or photoshoots that require her to be more playful and show off that famous million dollar smile 

AngelAshley94, what do you think of her nickname "Duckie"? I read that a judge in Australia's next top model gave her that nickname when she was a contestant. It's cute, but I would prefer if she went by "Nyadak"  which I think is beautiful! But I guess "Duckie" is easier to remember which ain't a bad thing in this industry.

13 hours ago, Ichigo9 said:

AngelAshley94, what do you think of her nickname "Duckie"? I read that a judge in Australia's next top model gave her that nickname when she was a contestant. It's cute, but I would prefer if she went by "Nyadak"  which I think is beautiful! But I guess "Duckie" is easier to remember which ain't a bad thing in this industry.

It's a cute nickname! I like how she got it, also I remember her saying if she would've went by her real name Nyadak it would've been even harder for her to get jobs because of her "African sounding" name and when she showed up to castings for a show, they'd be expecting the prototype black model look: very dark skin, short shaved, bald head, full lips, broad features etc etc and Duckie wanted to be different (hence the "Barbie" look like the long hair, feminine non-androgynous features, eccentric fashion), keep in mind if you're a black model you're always put into two categories: the "straight from an African village" look or the "white girl dipped in chocolate" look and I guess she managed to find a median somewhere in between or completely wanted to avoid being placed in those ridiculous categories and find a name for herself. Although I really do love her first name and hopefully she uses it in the future of her career when it really picks up :wub: