Bellazon

Sanne Vloet
Thumbnail

FashionDream

• 2 weeks later...

she makes so, so many of these videos- and they are usually about banal subjects, like she's running out of things to talk about.  Imagine if an ugly woman or man made videos like this?  Would anyone watch?

I wonder what she's hoping to achieve? Be a youtube star eventually?

I was told that the main reason more and more models are opening YouTube channels is because it helps them get jobs same way having a big number of followers on IG does. Maybe that's why she is doing so many videos, because she is barely getting any jobs these days. Or that's what it looks like. I only see her shooting for Express, Neiman Marcus, BHLDN... I miss her editorial work.

Said it before that she was doing too many videos. I am not convinced of this whole "opening YouTube channels and posing a lot of videos to get modeling jobs" thing specially when it comes to high fashion. Look at the top ranking girls in a site like models.com and hardly any of them have YT channels where they post a bunch of videos in. Not even Gigi Hadid nor Kendall Jenner have YouTube channels and they are the main models that started the whole more IG followers = more opportunities talk.

All these vlogs only kill the allure and mystique that is one of the draws and compelling things about a model specially when it comes to high fashion. I think it ends up being detrimental in that regard and that is probably why Sanne is not getting the sort of jobs one would expect her to get.

This isn't saying that she can't end up growing a nice community of followers on YouTube. She has been there for a year and is closing in on 500k subs so I guess that's nice. But I do think that what she is doing will lead her in a different path away from the high fashion top caliber jobs.

Kendall and Gigi don't need to open YouTube channels because they are Kendall and Gigi. Just with that they get the jobs.

I agree on this maybe not being the best for her HF career if she wants to keep working there, I think it works better with more commercial brands. But there are designers who like the exposure that comes with it and want it for their brand. These days during castings some people ask you how many followers do you have on social media before anything else for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...