Bellazon

Designer jeans

Iris

My personal story: I normally refuse to spend more than $50 on a pair of jeans because a)I'm poor from buying too much impractical/useless stuff like lingerie and swimsuits and additions for my Adriana collection and b)I always ruin my jeans somehow so I like wearing "cheaper" brands like AE, Hollister, Express (not that cheap for me!) so I don't have to worry about them.

So I kind of dismissed designer jeans as an "in my dreams" sort of thing, but lately I've sort of gotten sucked in against my will. I was given a pair of Hudson jeans, and though I had to get them hemmed, I love them SO MUCH.

So I wanted to hear some other girls' (or guys') opinions. Do you think designer jeans worth the price? Who here wears designer jeans? What brands do you like?

Around me, Seven for all Mankind is SUPER popular (I see A-pockets everywhere, ahhh!), also some Citizens of Humanity, and Diesel of course. I know True Religion is crazy popular with the celebrities.

Just for fun, here's a pic of Adriana in A-pockets :)

post-53-1149152238_thumb.jpg

i LOVE jeans...my favorite thing to wear all the time!

I have a pair of True Religion and a pair of Rock&Republic(which Victoria Beckham designed) and my other jeans are generally Levis and Diesel,and a few local brands...I also like Miss Sixty's skinny jeans.

Edited by tinky

Levi's, calvin klein and Armani for the basics, Diesel and Japan rags (guy version of Le Temps des Cerises which is like THE brand to wear in France as far as jeans are concerned) for more original ones - those are my favourite brands. I almost only wear jeans :ninja: i like designer jeans and since i've always bought those i doesn't find expensive to spend $200 for a pair of those, mostly because i'm used to it. But sometimes when i think about it i'm like "ugh $200 for a pair of jeans or a shirt, think bout all you coulda gotten/done with that money :| " I'm no fashion victim but i like to dress with a mix of trendy and casual clothes, depends on my mood. Dolce&gabbana, armani, paul&joe, diesel, japan rags, french connection... mixed with gap, zara, h&m, teddy smith... ---> always a nice effect :ninja:

I'm not a slave to brand names, I've never felt compelled to spend more than $40 on a pair of jeans .. I've found Levis for $30 (Canadian, on top of that) :ninja:.. I hate logos and I hate feeling like a walking advertisement. I'm against sweat shops - I think too many people are underpaid by certain companies :whistle:, but I still shop at the gap. They have shitty pants though. I don't compromise quality when shopping - but I also do not completely associate price with quality - I've seen some pretty ugly cheap looking "designer" things. *cough* baby phat *cough*

Interesting topic. I luvs ma jeans and its pretty much all i wear but I cringe at the thought of forking out about $300 for them. Because they are just jeans. Casual wear. its a lot of money to part with for just a pair of pants. The max id spend on jeans would be $150 Australian (I wear Lee jeans :shifty:) and I wear them to death. Like its time for a new pair of jeans for me if i kneel down and the knee rips open.. and then it happens again with the other leg. Anyway if your gonna get good mileadge from them i think its worth it, overall jeans are pretty timeless so they are a good investment. But still there are limits :ninja:

I have about 5 good pairs, I think only 2 of them are really "jeans".. but I like a little stretch...

non of them are designer, they usually last me about 2 or 3 years .. but I stop wearing them after a while because I'll want to get a new pair.. some cuts are dated

oh boy jeans. I'm a sucker for jeans especially designer jeans but i know people that give me hookups in the stores. So i have two pairs of 7 for all man kind, a pair of true religion, a pair of AG, and two pairs of Antik. I also still buy Guess Jeans. The 7's they were gifts and I treated myself for a pair of true religion for christmas, the AG my dad knows someone that the AG store on Robertson and he always gives us a deal, and I dont know about you guys but when you know someone that gives you jeans for 50% off you'd be buying Antik Denim as well.

Interesting topic. I luvs ma jeans and its pretty much all i wear but I cringe at the thought of forking out about $300 for them. Because they are just jeans. Casual wear. its a lot of money to part with for just a pair of pants. The max id spend on jeans would be $150 Australian (I wear Lee jeans :shifty:) and I wear them to death. Like its time for a new pair of jeans for me if i kneel down and the knee rips open.. and then it happens again with the other leg. Anyway if your gonna get good mileadge from them i think its worth it, overall jeans are pretty timeless so they are a good investment. But still there are limits :ninja:

Lee jeans :thumbsup: I've spent about $150 on them

and $200 on A|X jeans :ninja: actually I just annoyed the shit out of mum to buy them for me :shifty:

I usually always wear jeans, but it's tricky to find them with the right length leg. Designers seem to assume that if you're a UK10 that you're about 5'nothing so make 32" or whatever leg. I've only found two places in the UK that I can buy jeans which actually fit - Gap and Miss Selfridge. Although that may also be due to the fact I refuse to pay over