Bellazon

Cassie
Thumbnail

CHICGIRLZ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cassandra Ventura also known as Cassie is the daughter of a Filipino father and an African-American mother. While attending Williams preparatory school at Connecticut College, Ventura began her career as a model at the age of sixteen, appearing in ads for Delia's, Adidas, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Seventeen. When she completed high school in 2004, she announced that she was going to pursue her career in modeling and music and would not be attending college.[1] [2]

In New York, where Cassie was modeling for Abercrombie and Fitch, she took classes at the Broadway Dance Center. Producer Ryan Leslie began spotting her at clubs and parties in late 2004, and he was charmed by Cassie's endearing personality. She was finally introduced to Leslie by Sean "Diddy" Combs' make-up artist, who had worked with Cassie at one of her modeling photo shoots.[2]

Shortly after being introduced to music producer Ryan Leslie, Cassie's mother asked Cassie to record a song for her as a birthday gift. Cassie approached Ryan, who wrote a duet for them called "Kiss Me". Ryan played "Kiss Me" for Tommy Mottola and he offered Cassie a management deal. Cassie inked a deal with Ryan's NextSelection label, and Ryan co-wrote and produced Cassie’s first single, "Me & U" in 2005. In March 2006, Cassie signed with Diddy's record label, Bad Boy Records.[2]

Upon its release, "Me & U" proved to be a massive hit. It took the charts by storm, reaching #3 on the Billboard Hot 100, #4 on the Billboard Pop 100, and #1 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and Hot 100 Airplay.[2] Followup single "Long Way 2 Go" was less successful, peaking at #97 on the charts.

post-15610-1179584106_thumb.jpg

post-15610-1179584132_thumb.jpg

post-15610-1179584148_thumb.jpg

post-15610-1179584159_thumb.jpg

post-15610-1179584175_thumb.jpg

post-15610-1179584188_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...