Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

Gi is nominated for Best Internation Green celebrity! :)

Voting is now open for the INTERNATIONAL GREEN AWARDS™ inaugural Best Green International Celebrity Award.

Nominees include the global eco-glitterati such as Sir Paul McCartney, Leonardo Dicaprio, Cameron Diaz, Helena Christensen, Sting, Gael Garcia Bernal, Angelique Kidjo, Rahul Bose, Don Cheadle to Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen and the UAE's Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Ali Al-Nuaimi, better known globally as the "Green Sheikh."

This award seeks to recognise an international media figure who has consistently promoted the sustainability agenda globally and thus, influenced mass audiences as a celebrity......

Gisele Bündchen – Supermodel; BRAZIL

One of the world’s best known models, Gisele, walks more than just runways. Growing up in Brazil, she witnessed the beauty and destruction of the rainforests and the domino effect on surrounding communities.

The competition is now open to a public vote at www.greenawards.com. Have your say in who really is the greenest celebrity by visiting www.greenawards.com/about/best-green-celebrity/nominees.

http://www.bi-me.com/main.php?id=53902&amp...;cg=4&mset=

Good for Alessandra, fantastic model and a great girl, luv her and all, that's indisputable

but:

:blink: "Brazilian icon", associated with D&G, should refer to Gisele - that is, if this were to make any sort of sense.

I'll chalk it up to poorly chosen - or cleverly chosen, marketing-wise - words, as well. And PR doesn't have to make a lotta sense, just draw attention (especially in this industry) and people will believe what they're told, forget even their own names let alone someone else's. It's all about the product, and what's new and fresh and exciting. Screw history.

And that's just the reality of it and all parties involved (Gi, Ale, D&G...) are professionals well-aware of how it works, doesn't necessarily mean any less appreciation or strained relationships in the slightest.

In 10 years probably less it'll be another "icon" for D&G or VS or Colcci, and Alessandra will have moved on, just as Gi have, and again I'll say, good on them. ;) As long as they're happy. :heart:

This is an old rumor from 2007 but dang those would have been best sellers. :laugh: Too bad Gi has never done any gorgeous shoots with Leo or Tom. :p

Good luck with that

Give Graydon Carter credit: At least he's trying. The editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair wants to put Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, and young John Edward Thomas Moynahan on the cover of an upcoming issue, but he's being rebuffed. (What d'ya suppose Bridget Moynahan would say about her baby posing with Bundchen?) We're told Carter isn't giving up easily, though, and is still hoping the Pats QB will do a photoshoot with his son and supermodel sweetheart. Like a lot of guys, Graydon seems enamored of Bundchen. Back when the Brazilian beauty was dating actor Leonardo DiCaprio, Carter tried to put the couple on the cover, but they refused.

Source: Boston Globe

This was new to me. I guess from 2009.

THE GISELE QUESTIONNAIRE

brazil's $25 million babe takes our fashion quiz

She's rarely out of the headlines topping Forbes' list of the year's highest-earning models, getting hitched in Costa Rica to NFL quarterback Tom Brady (their second ceremony), those pregnancy rumors ”but at heart, Gisele Bundchen remains a laid-back beach girl. Here she talks kung fu, flip-flops, and bikins.

What is your preferred workout?

Gisele Bundchen: Kung fu and yoga

Who is your style icon?

GB: Cate Blanchett

Bikini or maillot? And what's your favorite make?

GB: Calzedonia bikini

Football or futebol?

GB: ?

Euros or dollars?

GB: Dollars are the currency I need to pay my bills with!

What's your best hair tip?

GB: A little Pantene Pro-V on the ends to smooth and shine

What's your favorite getaway?

GB: Bahia, Brazil

What cause are you most dedicated to?

GB: The Rainforest Alliance

What's on your iPod now?

GB: Radiohead, Ben Harper, Morcheeba

What's your first runway memory?

GB: The Alexander McQueen rain show, Spring 1998

What's your favorite Galliano moment?

GB: Every John Galliano finale; he's a new character every time, and the incarnation of the collection's inspiration. Amazing.

What campaign would you most like to do?

GB: One that would support women's difficult conditions in many parts of the world

You were discovered in a McDonald's. Which do you prefer, a Big Mac or Chicken McNuggets?

GB: Big Mac with "lots of" moderation!

What's your favorite restaurant?

GB: Caviar Kaspia in Paris

What was your best Victoria's Secret moment?

GB: The middle-of-winter beach trips

What's your most Brazilian trait?

GB: Enthusiasm

How many pairs of jeans do you own? And what's your favorite brand?

GB: Many "countless, in fact” but my faves are Notify jeans.

What do you look for when choosing a red-carpet gown?

GB: Sleek lines and comfortable fabrics

Louboutins or Havaianas?

GB: Ipanema, my flip-flop brand, love Louboutins, though.

What's Brazil's most important contribution to fashion, besides you?

GB: Brazil has its own fashion identity. Many very talented Brazilian designers show every season at S

I found this old Harper's Bazaar interview from when she was 21, it was new to me :wave:

Harper's Bazaar: Gisele Exposed

February 2002

The supermodel discusses jealousy, infidelity, heartbreak - and finding happiness (with Leo?)

Gisele and her Yorkshire terrier, Vida, answer the door. Both have darting, demandind eyes and lavish tawny hair. Both are urgent in their expression. One speaks, the other barks, in a nonstop dizzying way.

Gisele