Thumbnail

modelknowledge

Daily Mail- UK- October 9, 2010

Trendvetters: How to dress up the family genes

By CLARE GERAGHTY

Ph: Suki Dhanda

post-43653-0-1446185435-36531_thumb.jpg post-43653-0-1446185435-37804_thumb.jpg

Coco and her mum Katie off duty, left, and channelling autumn’s full-on glamour

Coco Knight, 15, from Surrey has modelled for Russian Vogue and Toni&Guy and will be taking her GCSEs next year. Opposite, she wears this season’s calf-length full skirt by Louis Vuitton in slate-grey leather, a look pulled together by glamorous red lips and nails and towering Miu Miu stilettos.

‘Fashion and clothes are a huge part of my life. I love to shop in French Connection and River Island, and I’m obsessed with fashion magazines and designers. I’m quite influenced by Pixie Lott’s style, mixing different trends together but keeping it girlie. I often wear skinny jeans with tailored blazers, but my favourite outfit is my Marilyn Monroe-style white Topshop dress – I always get compliments when I wear it.

‘I was thrilled with my look today as it’s so different to how I usually dress – the red lips made me feel like a celebrity and I love the way the skirt flows out; the shape is quite retro but the leather makes it young and modern.’

Katie Pigott, 39, a housewife, wears a 1950s-inspired Hugo Boss dress. The frock is nipped in at the waist to create an hourglass illusion. The Manolo Blahnik kitten heels are a more wearable, practical choice than Coco’s but are still on trend — pointed toes are huge again this season.

‘I tend to stick to a muted colour palette and choose simple shapes. My go-to shops are Nougat, Reiss and Karen Millen – the more grown-up end of the high street. I tend to look for structured dresses and boot-leg jeans. Since Coco has been modelling, she has become much more adventurous in her fashion choices – she’s much braver than me.

‘I feel very sophisticated today. I love the shape and draping of this dress. I wouldn’t have thought of teaming it with kitten heels as I usually prefer higher shoes, but they really suit the overall 1950s look.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1318503/Trendvetters-How-dress-family-genes.html

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...