Bellazon

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Shepherd

The stories they’re telling these days feel so much stronger and far more confident, I'd go so far as to say that the show has turned into one of the highlights of my TV calendar. :)

Clark Gregg is getting the chance to show a few different layers too, which is great. His increasingly unhinged version of Phil is such a nice change of pace for the character. Although I get the feeling that this whole 'carving glyphs into the wall' thing could start to wear a bit thin after a while. Hopefully they don't try to drag it out too much.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the pics, Shep. If Simmons is okay, then all is right with the world. :wub:

With any luck, S3 will primarily focus on Daisy and her quest to recruit more Inhumans. There was a lot to like about S2 overall, but the finale left me mildly underwhelmed. Looking back, it probably had a few too many different subplots happening, with many of the cast members built up to have great character arcs, only for some of them to end rather abruptly.

Lincoln? Yeah, I find him pretty tedious too.

Supposedly, Marvel only had enough leverage with ABC to produce the second run of 'Agent Carter' or the proposed Hunter/Bobbi spin-off series. They of course went with the former, which was probably for the best, but I hope the latter being shelved doesn't mean that the characters' involvement in 'Agents' is kept to a minimum.

As an aside, I just realised - between the 'Secret Warriors' reveal and wondering what happened to Simmons, I'd completely forgotten about the thing with Phil's hand. It can't be too regular an occurrence for a TV show to have so much going on that the lead character losing an appendage just gets lost in the shuffle. :rofl:

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

ABC has released all six episodes of Slingshot, the Agents of SHIELD spinoff centred around one of my favourite recent additions to the show, Elena 'Yo-Yo' Rodriguez. The storyline is pretty straightforward, with Elena on a mission to find the man who killed her cousin back in Season 3, but it's well worth a watch. :hehe:

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/6/2018 at 3:20 AM, jkjk said:

Bringing back the thread to point out that Iain De Caestecker (Fitz) is having a good start to the season. Not only is his character fun to watch so far, but I imagine it's fun for him to play as well.

One of the things I always appreciated about AoS is that the plot threads never really linger on for more than a few weeks at a time, although parts of S5 became a bit laborious with all the hand wringing by Yo-Yo, Mack and Dove Cameron. That being said, I must confess, I was so sucked in by the thing with Fitz towards the end that I found myself completely forgetting about the subsequent reveal. It was a nice little “caught you not paying attention” moment. :laugh:

On 6/14/2018 at 10:39 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know anything about this series, but I really like Florence!

I wasn't familiar with Florence at all beforehand but despite the limited role allowed for her, she made Sinara into a memorable character. Hardly speaking but communicating so much through body language.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, jkjk said:

I still don't like that it won't be back until next summer.  :sad:  :sad:

Yeah, since the show has slowly inched away from having to tie in with the big screen MCU stuff, it seems very deliberate that S6 is going to be airing post Captain Marvel and Avengers 4. I must confess though, even though it's probably a logistical nightmare to oversee, I really miss the interconnected plot points.

^^  Initially, I thought they had to delay S6 for production reasons. After seeing Infinity War, I realized there was no way to have new shows without dealing with some of the characters turning into dust. I know they have to wait until after Avengers 4 to air new episodes, but I wish there was a way they could have started the season without the long wait.

I'm interested in seeing how the group deals with Coulson's death (assuming he actually dies). I wonder if Captain Marvel will be Clark Gregg's last appearance in the MCU.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 10:33 PM, jkjk said:

I'm interested in seeing how the group deals with Coulson's death (assuming he actually dies). I wonder if Captain Marvel will be Clark Gregg's last appearance in the MCU.

If I could have my ultimate pick for some Agents of Shield continuity to be featured in Captain Marvel, it'd be to learn more about the Kree specimen that was the source of the revival process used on Coulson. It'd be a nice way to bring everything full circle. :)

Not that it'll happen, but I'd love to see May in the mix too. What with the character being portrayed by the apparently immortal Ming Na Wen, they could save tons of money in CGI costs. :rofl:

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:01 AM, jkjk said:

Given that it seemed S6 was uncertain, I was surprised there was an early renewal for S7 eight months before S6 airs.

It's a pretty huge (albeit unexpected) vote of confidence for S7 to be renewed so soon. Likely one of the things that helped was that the show is rarely just one story stretched over a full season. When it's on form, it can be genuinely fantastic to watch and a smaller episode order with tighter plotting and bigger budgets could really make things even better.