Bellazon

Vikings

Prettyphile

On 1/30/2018 at 11:31 AM, frenchkiki said:

What make you think she dies? ^

And nope to Heathmund. Religious men are the worse.

Bad lovers and violent most of the time. Too much frustration.

And the actor playing Ivar is trying to copy Ragnard's face. Sometime it works but most of the time it doesn't.

And I am pretty sure he is not Rag's son anyway.

Daddy!

^

Interesting, although Ivar was already born by the time Harbard came over...also Harbard is supposed to be either Loki or Thor in disguise.

I find the Heathmund character ridiculous and nonsensically written...the actor is miscast and overacts.  He's difficult to watch..

Ivar is set up to be winning all the way while growing more monstrous.    (in history and in the show)  His primary goal is to kill Lagetha.   The Seer says "the mad will inherit the earth".

Lagethera is set up to lose (with Rollo coming in on the side of Ivar).  Astrid is dead. Then you have her mentally 'breaking down' (like King Eckbert) and with white hair.    Things could change of course.  Then there is a promo pick of Ubbe sitting on the throne of Kattekat. 

Kathy Winnick's character and her role is also getting long on the tooth...previous seasons already show how she became a shieldmaiden, and then trained a small guard of them as well.  On the flip side, her character is so iconic that she may have plot armor.

I re-watched a lot of youtube clips over the past week and Travis Fimmel was really next-level outstanding and skillful in his acting.  He either put his soul into the role or he's a natural, like a Tom Hardy.  Then you have the show written in a way that revolves around his actions, which makes Ragdnar appear even more like a legendary person.  

Pretty much all his scenes are memorable and very cleverly acted.   He had some very challenging scenes and he owned them.  He got the 3 pillars of charisma down from beginning to the end: Power, presence, and warmth..

The actors that did Jarl Borg, Eckbert, and Jarl Haroldson could have stayed for another season or two..they were  very good.  And also, Princess K...

On nepotism.. :D

I just found out that Torvi is played by Hirst's daughter...no wonder.  Her character never dies and is largely filler.

http://vikings.wikia.com/wiki/Torvi

Gisla is played by Roman Polanski's daughter..I always thought that she was miscast and didn't really live up to the character

http://vikings.wikia.com/wiki/Morgane_Polanski

https://cinemaside.com/2018/02/21/vikings-season-5b-will-have-significant-deaths-according-to-writer-michael-hirst/

“Not necessarily [Lagertha be killed in 5B],” Hirst teased. “I know there’s a lot of speculation about that, people are reading the runes, but I would say don’t misread the runes. There are lots of big changes in her life but it doesn’t necessarily mean that she’s exiting – or that she’s not!”

Vikings Season 5B will have ‘significant deaths’ according to writer Michael Hirst

• 4 months later...