Bellazon

Robbie Williams
Thumbnail

PinkCouture

• 1 year later...

the last couple of days I keep listening to "She's Madonna" and I found some really interesting info about the song! check them out!

"She's Madonna" was inspired by a conversation Robbie Williams had with Guy Ritchie's ex-girlfriend Tania Strecker, about the way Ritchie left her for Madonna - Strecker quoted Ritchie as saying "Look, you know I really love you, but she's Madonna." According to the BBC's Top of the Pops website, Williams had played the song to Madonna shortly after writing it, receiving a positive reaction. According to the UK tabloid newspaper The Sun, Williams wanted Madonna to star alongside him in the video, but Guy Ritchie, now her husband, objected, having realised that the song with its chorus "I love you, baby, but face it, she's Madonna / No man on earth could say that he don't want her" was based on the line he used to leave Strecker for Madonna.

Williams himself has commented:

In case anyone asks... There is nothing tongue in cheek about this song at all, I have always fancied Madonna.

Musically, the song was inspired by Kraftwerk's track "Tour de France" - Williams stated:

I played Tour De France by Kraftwerk and said “I like this, Can we do something like this, but not much like this," but then everything else came together pretty quickly.

from WIkipedia

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...