Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

Fyre festival promoter pleads guilty to fraud, agreeing to up to decade in prison.

The promoter of the failed Fyre festival in the Bahamas – once billed as the “cultural experience of the decade” – pleaded guilty to wire fraud charges Tuesday, agreeing to serve up to a decade in prison for lying to investors and sending false documents.

Billy McFarland, 26, entered the plea in Manhattan federal court in a deal with prosecutors that suggested he serve between eight and 10 years in prison.

“I deeply regret my actions, and I apologize to my investors, team, family and supporters who I let down,” a chastened McFarland told the US district judge Naomi Reice Buchwald in Manhattan.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/06/fyre-festival-promoter-billy-mcfarland-pleads-guilty-prison

EXCLUSIVE: Kate Upton photo shoot for Guess was canceled because she refused to wear lingerie, bombshell emails reveal, raising questions about supermodel's claim she quit $400,000 campaign over sexual harassment from Paul Marciano

Emails between Kate Upton's team and Guess reveal that a 2012 campaign shoot was canceled over the model's refusal to wear lingerie or swimwear

Upton has claimed she refused the $400,000 deal over her fears of working with Guess co-founder Paul Marciano, whom she accused of sexual harassment

But emails from July 2012  between the supermodel's team and Guess seen by DailyMail.com, raise questions about her claim she quit

Upton's agent told Guess: 'Kate will not wear just swimwear or just lingerie in the shoot. She will wear short shorts or a cardigan over something, but not alone'

Guess fired back: 'We have absolutely never been told what a model can wear or not wear on a shoot in the entire history of Guess. Not Claudia Schiffer, Adriana Lima, Eva Herzigova or Laeticia Casta asked for that or was given those options'

Marciano called it off: 'Since day ONE of Guess, all models wear Lingerie and Swimwear and that won't ever change. For anyone. So the shoot won't happen'

Upton accused Marciano of sexual harassment in January, claiming he grabbed her breasts, thighs, smelled her and forcibly kissed her

In a statement to DailyMail.com, Upton says,  'If Guess wants to pick apart limited emails of a negotiation between agents which do not tell the whole story, that’s up to them'

By Ryan Parry West Coast Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:57 GMT, 9 March 2018 | Updated: 20:46 GMT, 9 March 2018

Bombshell emails between the agent of Kate Upton and Guess co-founder Paul Marciano have raise questions over parts of the supermodel's recent shocking claims the fashion designer sexually harassed her.

Upton rocked the fashion world with disturbing allegations in January and February that Marciano had grabbed her breasts on a photo shoot and made a series of unwanted sexual advances.

The 25-year-old first publicly accused the fashion designer on social media before detailing specific allegations in a revealing TIME magazine interview.

She even claimed she was forced to walk away from a $400,000 Guess campaign in 2012 because she was reportedly wary of Marciano's behavior.

However, emails seen by DailyMail.com between Upton's agent and Guess senior management seem to tell a different story.

Emails in May 2012 between Guess Senior Director of Advertising Kim Nabozny and Lisa Benson, a Senior Manager at modeling agency IMG, show that negotiations began for Upton to appear in what would be her seventh Guess shoot since July 2010.

In July, 2012, when discussing Upton's confirmation letter, Guess agreed to a request from IMG that no specific logos for Swim, Lingerie or Accessories be used in the campaign.

The fashion brand then confirmed it would  use just the Guess logo, but clarifies that photos will include all of the models wearing lingerie and swimwear.

But this was news to IMG's Benson who replies to Nabozny: 'Kate will not wear just swimwear or just lingerie in the shoot. She will wear short shorts or a cardigan over something, but not alone.'

Nabozny responds saying: 'I have spoken to Paul Marciano... we have absolutely never been told what a model can wear or not wear on a shoot in the entire history of Guess. Not Claudia Schiffer, Adriana Lima, Eva Herzigova or Laeticia Casta asked for that or was given those options.'

At this point Marciano himself chimed in and canceled the shoot, he writes to Benson: 'That's the very first time I hear [sic] that. It was only that we couldn't tag any ads Lingerie or swimwear. Now she can't be shot just in lingerie according to you. Since day ONE of Guess, all models wear Lingerie and Swimwear and that won't ever change. For anyone. So the shoot won't happen.'

The emails, obtained by DailyMail.com, seem to fly in the face of Upton's explanation that it was she who 'refused' the lucrative campaign because of her reported fears over Marciano.

In a statement to DailyMail.com, Kate says: This whole movement is so victims can have a voice against billion dollar companies. I can’t fight a billion dollar company if they don’t want to change.

'Multiple women have come out and said they experienced this same behavior. We shouldn’t be expected to keep proving our stories.

'If Guess wants to pick apart limited emails of a negotiation between agents which do not tell the whole story, that’s up to them. If they actually hired lawyers who do not also represent their CEO Paul Marciano to perform this investigation they would have had the opportunity to get all the information of this negotiation from me, but with this they made their actions known.

Guess is only interested in poking holes in my story instead of making changes inside of their offices.'

In TIME mag the model stated: '…they offered me $400,000, which at the time was their highest paying offer ever.

'I remember I had an internal struggle over this offer. I was hoping after my consistent denials and successful career, that Paul would treat me with professionalism.

'But as we got closer to the shoot date, Paul began texting that he would make sure to be on the set.

'He told me that I wasn't allowed to bring my boyfriend. I just couldn't do it. I refused the campaign. I couldn't accept the money. I walked away about a week before the shoot was scheduled.'

Upton has yet to reveal any proof that the text messages exist or were ever sent by Marciano.

The emails regarding Upton's refusal to wearr swimsuit or lingerie do address whether her allegations of sexual misconduct against Marciano are true, they only raise questions about Upton's recollection of events.

Marciano, 65, fervently denies the allegations and in a statement he called Upton's story 'absolutely false' and 'preposterous'.

'I have never been alone with Kate Upton. I have never touched her inappropriately. Nor would I ever refer to a Guess model in such a derogatory manner.

'I fully support the #metoo movement. At the same time, I will not allow others to defame me and tarnish my reputation.

'I have pledged to Guess and its Board of Directors my full support and cooperation with a fair and impartial investigation,' Marciano said.

Upton first hinted at the allegations when she tweeted: 'It's disappointing that such an iconic women's brand @GUESS is still empowering Paul Marciano as their creative director #metoo'.

She then expanded further on her comment in a TIME interview last month.

Upton claimed Marciano assaulted and started harassing her when she was 18 the first time he met her - the day after the shoot for her first professional modeling campaign.

She claimed that when she first met with Marciano for a Guess Lingerie campaign in 2010, he 'forcibly grabbed my breasts and started feeling them - playing with them actually. After I pushed him away, he said: 'I'm making sure they're real.'

Kate alleged that as the meeting went on he 'continued to touch me in a very dominating and aggressive way, grabbing my thighs, my arms to pull me closer, my shoulders to pull me closer, my neck, my breasts, and smelling me.'

She shared: 'At one point he forcibly grabbed the back of my head so that I could not move and started kissing my face and my neck.'

She says photographer Yu Tsai, who was on the shoot, has corroborated her story.

Upton, who went on to become extremely successful because of her Sports Illustrated cover, said she got through the ordeal thanks to the support of family and friends.

The model married baseball star Justin Verlander in Tuscany this past November.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5482795/Kate-Uptons-emails-Guess-reveal-brand-canceled-shoot.html

• 2 weeks later...

Nickelodeon Parts Ways With TV Series Producer Dan Schneider

dan-schneider-nickelodeon.jpg?w=446&h=29

EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Nickelodeon has ended its long relationship with one of its most prolific series creators, Dan Schneider.

“Following many conversations together about next directions and future opportunities, Nickelodeon and our long-time creative partner Dan Schneider/Schneider’s Bakery have agreed to not extend the current deal,” Nickelodeon said in a statement to Deadline. “Since several Schneider’s Bakery projects are wrapping up, both sides agreed that this is a natural time for Nickelodeon and Schneider’s Bakery to pursue other opportunities and projects.

“Dan and his Schneider’s Bakery team have created a string of lasting, groundbreaking hits over the years including iCarly, Drake & Josh, Victorious, Kenan & Kel and the current number-one hit show on Nickelodeon, Henry Danger, the network continued. “We thank Dan and his Schneider’s Bakery producers, executives and social media team for their immeasurable contributions to Nickelodeon, and we wish them the best in their future endeavors. And Dan and Schneider’s Bakery are proud of the work they did together with Nickelodeon and will always remain big fans of the network.”

The decision comes as Nickelodeon has opted to cancel Schneider’s latest series, Game Shakers after three seasons. I hear the network intends to move forward with a fifth season of Schneider’s remaining live-action Nick series, Henry Danger. (He also has the animated The Adventures of Kid Danger, whose future is unclear.)

“After three seasons and 63 episodes, Nickelodeon has wrapped production on its live-action series Game Shakers,” Nickelodeon said in a statement to Deadline. “We are proud of the show’s success, and our dedicated and talented cast and crew. Premieres will continue to air throughout 2018.”

Among other things, I hear there had been multiple complaints of abusive behavior against Schneider filed by members of his staff.

Schneider has been Nick’s top creator/showrunner of live-action comedy hits for the past two decades. He is credited in part with discovering such young actresses as Ariana Grande, Amanda Bynes, Jami Lynn Spears and Victoria Justice who were cast as leads of his series.

But along with all his success, for years Schneider had been under a cloud of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars of his shows. Among the things that have raised eyebrows are his tweeted photos of the toes of his young female stars. Additionally, there have been issues with bloated budgets and long production days on Schneider’s shows.

Schneider has had well documented temper issues for years. I hear there was a flareup last week during a meeting he had with  Nickelodeon executives where they indicated to him that Game Shakers was not getting renewed for a fourth season. Sources say that Schneider’s reaction was, at least in part, due to the fact that Game Shakers was about to wrap production on its third season the following day with a cliffhanger season finale, which would leave fans without closure.

I hear at the meeting Schneider also was told that, with his other Nick comedy, Henry Danger, on hiatus, another show (I hear it’s Austin & Ally creators Kevin Kopelow and Heath Seifert’s new Nick series, Cousins for Life),would move into the production space in the Nickelodeon-owned Burbank studios which has housed Schneider’s series exclusively for the past few years. Sources say that Schneider objected to the prospect of having to share the office and production space with an outside show.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/nickelodeon-tv-series-producer-dan-schneider-part-ways-1202353698/

I can’t help but think that some Hollywood paedophiles hired goons to silence him. Maybe the whole thing turns out to be a hoax or a drug deal gone bad, but people are speculating that he might have been stabbed with a dirty needle.

Harvey Weinstein sells townhouse for $25.6M

Harvey Weinstein has sold his West Village townhouse for $25.6 million amid mounting legal costs, Page Six has learned.

The disgraced mogul offloaded the property for $25.6 million in an off-market deal to a mystery buyer using the company Chegret LLC to conceal their identity.

Weinstein used the four-story building to host a series of starry fundraisers for Hillary Clinton ahead of the 2016 presidential elections.

He bought the 5,000-square-foot 1915 mansion in 2006 for $14.5 million.

His production company, which fired him after sexual misconduct allegations were leveled against him, declared bankruptcy in March.

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/27/harvey-weinstein-sells-townhouse-for-25-6m/

Dan Schneider may have gotten $7M payout to leave Nickelodeon

dan-schneider.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w

Kids’ network Nickelodeon ended its ties with hit series creator and child-star maker Dan Schneider after almost 25 years, amid reports that he was “under a cloud of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars of his shows.”

The network announced late Monday that Schneider — who is credited with discovering stars including Ariana Grande, Amanda Bynes, Jamie Lynn Spears, Kenan Thompson and Victoria Justice and creating hit shows including “iCarly,” “Drake & Josh,” “Victorious,” “Kenan & Kel” and “Henry Danger” — is out after two decades.

Social-media users have highlighted Schneider’s strange tendency to tweet pictures of the feet of his young female stars. He also posted other seemingly inappropriate videos of his actresses, including one of Grande as a teen in a skimpy outfit dousing herself with water.

A rep for Grande didn’t comment.

Schneider’s departure was first reported in a post by Hollywood blog Deadline on Monday night, which said, “I hear there had been multiple complaints of abusive behavior against Schneider filed by members of his staff.

“Along with all his success, for years Schneider had been under a cloud of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars of his shows. Among the things that have raised eyebrows are his tweeted photos of the toes of his young female stars . . . Schneider has had well-documented temper issues for years.” A source close to Schneider strongly denied he had been inappropriate with his younger stars, but did admit of his temper, “He could be an a - - hole.”

A spokesperson for Schneider didn’t comment.

Reps for Nickelodeon declined to respond when asked if there had been any complaints against Schneider.

The network’s David Bittler described Schneider’s departure as a “mutual decision,” and other industry sources told us he took a $7 million payout to leave.

A source claimed Schneider had been the victim of false online smears, and that his exit comes amid a change of management at the network, a disagreement over the ending for “Game Shakers” and a fight over studio space.

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/27/dan-schneider-may-have-gotten-7m-payout-to-leave-nickelodeon/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at 28

Swedish DJ Avicii, real name Tim Bergling, died at age 28 on Friday, April 20, his publicist confirmed. "It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," his publicist Diana Baron said in a statement. "He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given." Bergling started out releasing music on Laidback Luke Forum in the late '00s, where DJs and producers would post music and seek feedback from budding peers.

In 2011, he broke through to an international audience with the progressive house track "Levels," which hit No. 1 in his native Sweden and on the U.S. Billboard Dance Club Songs chart -- and earned him a Grammy nod. His 2012 David Guetta collab "Sunshine" earned him a Grammy nomination as well, and that same year, he became the first electronic artist to headline New York City's storied Radio City Music Hall. In 2013, Avicii released his debut studio album, True, which featured the game-changing, massive international hit "Wake Me Up!" ft. Aloe Blacc.

Combining EDM, folk and country music, the song became a No. 1 hit in many countries and peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100. His second album, Stories, dropped in 2015 and featured vocals from Chris Martin, Wyclef Jean, Robbie Williams, Matisyahu, Brandon Flowers, Gavin DeGraw and more. The EP Avīci (01) came out in Aug. 2017 and featured his Rita Ora collaboration "Lonely Together." Avicii's health issues were known to the public for several years prior to his death. He suffered from acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. In 2014, he canceled numerous shows in order to recover after having his gallbladder and appendix removed. Eventually, he decided to retire from touring entirely in an emotional letter penned in March 2016.

“To me it was something I had to do for my health,” Bergling told The Hollywood Reporter in 2016. “The scene was not for me. It was not the shows and not the music. It was always the other stuff surrounding it that never came naturally to me. All the other parts of being an artist. I'm more of an introverted person in general. It was always very hard for me. I took on board too much negative energy, I think.”

billboard.com

Rumoured that it was due to use of ketamine… On TMZ:

Avicii retired from live performances in 2016, but before that he was easily one of the highest paid DJs in the world ... earning $28 million in 2014, according to Forbes.

It’s very sad that all the success in the world is not always enough to overcome inner demons.