• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Tilly
tilly NYC Style: Tilly Scott Pedersons Model Advice
Tilly Scott Pedersen
Borough/Neighborhood: Manhattan, Chinatown
Profession: Model / Actress
Tilly Scott Pedersen left her native Denmark when she was 17-years-old — with only a backpack and the desire to see the world. She ended up in NYC and began studying photography, before she got discovered as a model while working as a coat check girl.
That discovery changed her life. Within months she traveled the world and worked clients like Banana Republic, Cover Girl and Burberry.
Her modeling career expanded into acting and in 2005 she landed her first lead in the Cannes Film Festival Nominated film ‘Dark Horse’. For her quirky and off beat performance she was nominated as best female actress in her Native Country. She can also be seen in the star-packed film ‘The Women’, where she plays amongst Meg Ryan, Cloris Leachman, Annette Bening and many others.
How would you define your personal style?
My style is a reflection of my personality.  A metropolitan woman meets faerie renaissance with a slight flair of Pippi Longstocking.
Favorite item in your closet?
A black and white winter coat by Mayle, I feel like a feminine warrior when I have it on.
Are there any trends that you wish would just go away already?
No. To me all styles are fun in there own odd way. Though, you would probably not see me in light blue denim shorts with black stockings under.
Have you picked up any styling tips on modeling and film shoots?
Modeling is a great place to learn the endless possibilities garments have. You can do a lot of great tricks with the right lingerie. Sometimes I think we forget about the under layers, but they can set the mood for the day and help shape and expose our bodies in comfortable ways.
Favorite Five in the Five Boroughs?
I love avalove for beautiful comfort. Her message through her designs are loving and earthly with a feel of play.
The Dressing Room on Orchard Street is a fun place to find original neighborhood designs. This little store is cool, you can drop of your old clothes and get store credit, cash or, since it’s a bar too– you can exchange your clothes for a cold beer!
No 6 Store on Centre Market Place is an amazing consignment thrift shop and it is easy to find unique pieces that you want to keep in your closet for many years.
My very favorite makeup is by KW. It’s a new line that just came out and it is organic and natural. Unlike most makeup, this is a refillable make-up system,  so you can refill or change color without creating trash. That makes it a cool high end echo and skin friendly product. It can’t get better than that! It is to be found in Soho at Space NK.
I am a big fan of 1-100 by Graham Tabor and Miguel Villalobos Jewelry. Each piece is handcrafted and they have an energy that is original; energy is important when wearing jewelry. It’s a creation, a piece of art.

• 2 months later...