Bellazon

The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War & Endgame (2012-2019)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

'The Avengers: Age Of Ultron' to be released in UK ahead of US

The Avengers: Age Of Ultron will open in UK cinemas one week ahead of those in America, it has been confirmed. The sequel to the hugely successful 2012 movie The Avengers will open in 2015 with Marvel yesterday (April 24) confirming via Twitter that the British release date has been moved forward. This means fans will be able to see the film on April 24 while US viewers will have to wait seven extra days, when the film opens there on May 1.

Earlier this week Robert Downey Jr revealed one of the first on-set images from The Avengers: Age Of Ultron. The actor will reprise his role as Iron Man in the movie and posted a picture of himself with executive producer Jeremy Latcham from the set of the film.

Since its release in May 2012, The Avengers – a superhero ensemble movie uniting Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk – has become the third highest-grossing film of all time, taking over $1.5 billion (£930 million) at the box office worldwide.

A 'mere' 52 weeks to wait then, I mightn't bother with that crossword puzzle I was thinking of starting. :p

Downey Jr. just posted this picture to his Twitter account:

post-186-0-17909400-1398629090_thumb.jpg

I'm seeing Joss Whedon, Sam Jackson, ScarJo, Downey Jr. himself, Chris Hemsworth and his wife, ...

I'm also guessing that the guy sitting next to Whedon (and whose face we cannot see) is Ruffalo?

Does anyone know who is sitting next to Hemsworth's wife? I know that her face is familiar, but I can't quite remember who she is.

I'd be expecting a rather large tip if I were waiting on that particular table. :laugh:

A lot of people seem to think it's the actress Linda Cardellini seated at the back, but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt for now. It's definitely Ruffalo's hair next to Whedon though. :D

I'd be expecting a rather large tip if I were waiting on that particular table. :laugh:

A lot of people seem to think it's the actress Linda Cardellini seated at the back, but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt for now. It's definitely Ruffalo's hair next to Whedon though. :D

Robert confirmed that it is Ruffalo! The guy taking the picture didn't get the framing correct. Hope Mark isn't too angry!  :laugh:

I posted this one allready in Scarlets Thread but i didnt noticed that here is a Avengers Thread XD So i do love her Outfit in Cap 2 and made a nice Artwork of her! Cant wait to see her in Avengers 2! Hopefully again with long Hair ;)

It could however be Hannah Flynn, I checked the IMDb and she's cast as a Dancer?

Yeah, curious one that. Hannah's is the only small part listed (probably safe to assume it's a pretty modest role if the character doesn't have a name) on the page.

A spot of interesting info on Quick-Ass and Scarlet Witch’s backstory in here... :hehe:

Avengers: ‘Age of Ultron’ - Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch’s Background Revealed

The background of the latest two superheroes/villains in the Avengers series, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, have been revealed. In an interview with iamRogue, Avengers: Age of Ultron stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver) and Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch) say that their characters are of Eastern European origin, and they will offer a new flavor to the current cast of superheroes.

“It was like, lets try and make these characters so different,” said Taylor-Johnson. “And it was cool to be playing Eastern European as well. So we are trying to embrace that.”

Although Taylor-Johnson, who happens to also star in the upcoming Godzilla (2014) movie with Olsen, was only keen for a role in Age of Ultron if he could “stand out” from the large superhero cast, he had really little to worry about.

“Just before I started Godzilla I met Joss (Whedon), ” Taylor-Johnson explained. “He said to me, ‘Do you want to be in Avengers 2? There is a superhero I’m thinking of for you.’ The thing for me was for him, ‘Why add any more superheroes to this thing?’ He said, ‘No, there are these two characters that I want to bring in to like mess with the Avengers and not be just an add on.’”

“You know, you’ve got five of the most awesome super heroes, ten I suppose, there are about ten Avengers now, and they are all movie stars,” Taylor-Johnson continued. “You’ve got such a huge cast, what the hell difference is it going to make if I come on the scene?”

The star of Kick-Ass movie series added, “So it was the character and that took about a year of going back and forth about it. It took a while but I’m super happy to be in that one.”

Avengers: Age of Ultron will hit theaters on May 1, 2015.

Great stuff, thanks Raf! :thumbsup:

Obviously Ruffalo and Downey have made the roles their own, so much so that it's difficult to picture anyone else playing them, but I actually think Jeff Goldblum as Banner and Sam Rockwell as Stark would have been amazing. :laugh:

They could have, but then again I think the roles are so solid as they are I really can't imagine anybody else in their spot! That's a sign of good acting ;)

And some of Mark's instagram photos off set. You can see he's got the CGI dots on :rofl: 

post-67297-0-1446182430-73712_thumb.jpgpost-67297-0-1446182430-74436_thumb.jpg

They could have, but then again I think the roles are so solid as they are I really can't imagine anybody else in their spot! That's a sign of good acting ;)

And some of Mark's instagram photos off set. You can see he's got the CGI dots on :rofl: