Bellazon

The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War & Endgame (2012-2019)

Ana Beatriz Barros Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Chiwetel Ejiofor wanted for role opposite Benedict Cumberbatch in Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' movie

Marvel is reportedly keen to cast 12 Years A Slave star Chiwetel Ejiofor in its forthcoming Doctor Strange film. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the British actor is "in early talks" to take on an unspecified lead role in the superhero movie alongside Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange. Several sources are speculating that Ejiofor, Oscar-nominated for his role in 12 Years a Slave, could be in the frame to play a villain.

Marvel announced that Cumberbatch had been cast as Doctor Strange last month (December), also confirming that Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Deliver Us From Evil) will direct the film from a script by John Spaihts (Prometheus). The film is set for release in cinemas on November 4, 2016.

Neurosurgeon-turned-superhero Doctor Strange made his Marvel Comics debut in 1963. The film will follow Cumberbatch's Stephen Strange as he delves into hidden worlds of magic and alternate dimensions after suffering a horrific car crash. Further plot details are being kept closely under wraps.

Meanwhile, Cumberbatch has received a 'Best Actor in a Leading Role' Oscar nomination for his performance as World War II codebreaker Alan Turing in The Imitation Game, which opened in cinemas in October. He will find out whether he has won at the awards ceremony in Los Angeles on February 21.

Curious one, this. Before Boseman was confirmed, I was pulling for Ejiofor to play Black Panther. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Angelina Jolie Talking Captain Marvel? Here's The Latest

Late last year Marvel announced that super heroine Carol Danvers would be leading their first female-driven film, Captain Marvel, marking the nineteenth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and the seventh installment of Phase 3). With more than three years between now and the film's slated July 6, 2018 release, details on who will helm and star in the potential MCU game-changer have yet to come to fruition. But with this latest development, it looks very possible that Angelina Jolie may be the one sitting in the director's chair.

On the high of her latest directorial effort Unbroken, word on the street is that Jolie just received a gargantuan offer to direct Captain Marvel. According to the February issue of OK! Magazine, the executives at Marvel Studios were so impressed by her handling of the material in the above-mentioned biographical drama that they have offered her a whopping $20 million to direct their first female-led film.

I quite like this idea. I haven't seen 'Unbroken' but I've heard good things about it, and we could do with having more prominent female film directors in mainstream Hollywood.

I don't believe the figures being bandied about for a second, $20m was the (then) world record salary Peter Jackson received to direct 'King Kong' and that was only after 'Return of the King' had cleaned up at the Oscars. Jolie isn't that much of a draw as a director yet, but all things considered, it's an idea I could get behind. Her involvement would be a nice feather in Marvel's cap after the whole Edgar Wright debacle.

Although of course, the actress they get to play Captain Marvel is going to be the bigger issue overall. :yes:

Spider-Man will appear in Marvel movie for first time following Sony deal

Spider-Man will appear in a Marvel movie for the first time under a new deal between the Disney-owned entertainment company and Sony Pictures. Under the deal, Spider-Man's next big screen appearance will be in an upcoming Marvel film. Which one has yet to be announced, but Spider-Man can now potentially appear on screen alongside much-loved superheroes like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

The webslinger will then star in the next installment of Sony's Spider-Man series, which is set for release on July 28, 2017. For the first time, Marvel's president Kevin Feige will serve as a producer on one of the films, working alongside Sony's Amy Pascal, a veteran of the studio franchise.

As a result of the new deal, Thor: Ragnarok will now arrive four months later than planned, moving to November 3, 2017 from July 28. Black Panther, which previously held that spot, gets delayed eight months, going from that original November 3 date to July 6, 2018. That, in turn, bumps Captain Marvel to November 2, 2018 and moves Inhumans all the way to July 12, 2019. The two-part Avengers: Infinity War, meanwhile, remains set for release May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019.

I would have preferred for Sony to have just sold the rights back to Disney/Marvel, but I'm cautiously optimistic at the possibilities of this deal. Presumably, a Spider-Man cameo in 'Civil War' is now virtually a certainty. :chicken:

Spider-Man will appear in Marvel movie for first time following Sony deal

Spider-Man will appear in a Marvel movie for the first time under a new deal between the Disney-owned entertainment company and Sony Pictures. Under the deal, Spider-Man's next big screen appearance will be in an upcoming Marvel film. Which one has yet to be announced, but Spider-Man can now potentially appear on screen alongside much-loved superheroes like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

The webslinger will then star in the next installment of Sony's Spider-Man series, which is set for release on July 28, 2017. For the first time, Marvel's president Kevin Feige will serve as a producer on one of the films, working alongside Sony's Amy Pascal, a veteran of the studio franchise.

As a result of the new deal, Thor: Ragnarok will now arrive four months later than planned, moving to November 3, 2017 from July 28. Black Panther, which previously held that spot, gets delayed eight months, going from that original November 3 date to July 6, 2018. That, in turn, bumps Captain Marvel to November 2, 2018 and moves Inhumans all the way to July 12, 2019. The two-part Avengers: Infinity War, meanwhile, remains set for release May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019.

I would have preferred for Sony to have just sold the rights back to Disney/Marvel, but I'm cautiously optimistic at the possibilities of this deal. Presumably, a Spider-Man cameo in 'Civil War' is now virtually a certainty. :chicken:

I hated seeing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 fail but I guess it's probably a good thing that it did because now we have this.  :ddr:

On 11/02/2015 at 2:29 PM, KelAnne_ said:

I hated seeing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 fail but I guess it's probably a good thing that it did because now we have this. :ddr:

'ASM2' was 2014's 'Man of Steel' in terms of how divided critical opinions and fan reactions were, which was a shame as I'd hoped for it to generate some real momentum for the series. I for one enjoyed it, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but bold, punchy and generally likeable. I must say though, I'm on board for Spidey being a part of the MCU for the foreseeable future, as well as Feige having an influence over the direction of future movies.

On a side note, it's looking unlikely that Andrew Garfield will be a part of the new film. Sony is reportedly now thinking of building it around Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker.

IF they will indeed kick out Andrew (which i hope they don't, IMO he is the perfect Spider Man) then i hope they do go with Miles Morales and not Peter Parker again because we do not need to have a THIRD reboot in less than a decade o.O

I also loved ASM2, while it wasn't perfect it was really good and I enjoyed it a lot.

I liked TASM2. I don't understand all the hate. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't the worst movie out there. I'm into the idea but like Clauds said i'd rather them keep Andrew. He's great as Spider-Man. And they've already done his backstory. Just find a way to throw him in and that's it. Why do they have to go and cast someone again. If they do Peter Parker again they really don't need to show his origins. EVERYONE knows his origins. His uncle dies and he gets bit by a radioactive spider. People aren't stupid. How many times do we have to see it. Batman, Superman and Spider-Man are probably the most known comic heroes. And everyone knows their origins but how many times do we have to see it? Everytime there is a new movie :rofl:

In the new Batman vs Superman movie they are doing flashbacks to Batman's parents getting killed AGAIN. WE KNOW!!!
Sorry about my anger lol. The movie companies waste so much time on these instead of actually focusing on the amazing amount of storylines and characters they have to pick from.

If it comes down to a straight choice between another Peter Parker origin story or a Miles Morales one then I'd go with Miles, but ideally Garfield would just arrive in the MCU fully-formed. I like the idea of a new Peter movie that also launches Miles for the future, with a view to a big 'passing of the torch' moment that really means something. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Official poster reveal. It's probably too small to read on here, but the text at the bottom confirms that Hayley Atwell, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, Don Cheadle, Idris Elba and Stellan Skarsgard are all going to appear in the film in some capacity. I'm guessing that's Vision above the Hulk's head, too. :chicken:

post-20523-0-1446182401-20272_thumb.jpg

Yeah, for some reason they've made Scarlett look a bit 'Tron Legacy' there. Samuel looks a little sad about being pushed all the way down to the bottom corner. :laugh:

The only MCU movie poster I've ever really cared for was the first 'Guardians of the Galaxy' one. Most of the others are mediocre at best. They're just ads though, and it's quite interesting to see everyone in a fighting stance except Cap. Perhaps subtly laying some of the groundwork for 'Civil War'. :hehe:

Thanks Shepherd and Raf. :thumbsup:

So we can probably expect Cap and Hawkeye posters to appear over the next couple of days (perhaps early next week), potentially followed by Pietro and Wanda. Although for me, it's all about the first high-res look at Vision. :chicken: